IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey NP,

I have a couple small sales to report. The first was through Sedo, details below...

Domain: L/o/n/d/o/n/A/r/c/h/e/s
Extension: .com
Marketplace: Sedo
Sale Date: November 22, 2017
BIN: $95
Expired/dropped reg: $13
Net: $22 ($60 Sedo comission)

The second sale was through Afternic. At first I received an email that someone had initiated a PayPal transaction through my Efty lander for this domain. I eagerly waited for confirmation that the transaction had completed. After thirty minutes or so I started to assume the buyer backed when suddenly I received an email from Afternic that the domain had sold via their fast transfer for $50. Not too sure why the buyer chose to purchase through Afternic (especially when the domin was listed at half the price on Efty lander), but I guess they were just more comfortable with a reputable marketplace. Details below...

Domain: F/r/e/e/S/t/u/d/y/C/o/u/r/s/e
Marketplace: Afternic
Sale Date: December 12, 2017
BIN: $50
Net: $22 ($15 Afternic comission)

It's funny how both sales netted the same amount from different matketplaces.

Thanks,

•••
Hey NP,

I have a couple small sales to report. The first was through Sedo, details below...

The second sale was through Afternic. At first I received an email that someone had initiated a PayPal transaction through my Efty lander for this domain. I eagerly waited for confirmation that the transaction had completed. After thirty minutes or so I started to assume the buyer backed when suddenly I received an email from Afternic that the domain had sold via their fast transfer for $50. Not too sure why the buyer chose to purchase through Afternic (especially when the domin was listed at half the price on Efty lander), but I guess they were just more comfortable with a reputable marketplace. Details below...

Thanks,

•••
Hey NP,

Thanks,

London is full of arches etc many businesses operate from property under arches that have been made in to offices and warehouses so most Londoners are old not forget the London arches domain

•••
London is full of arches etc many businesses operate from property under arches that have been made in to offices and warehouses so most Londoners are old not forget the London arches domain

That should read are familiar with and not are old not forget etc

Predictive text

•••
Domain name: Esports/360 .net
Sale venue: Flippa
Listing type: Make Offer
Sale Price: $150 [after paypal fee: $143]
Purchase price: Hand-Reg + 1yr renewal

x

Domain name: Mine/for/Coins .com
Sale venue: Undeveloped
Listing type: Buy Now
Sold at BIN: $299 [payout: $272]
Purchase price: around $35 + 2yr renewal

•••
@rothex
Londonarches.com .. have more confidence in your names. Don't know what it refers to exactly, but that's the type of name that when someone shows interest, it's min a 4 figure name.

@Ali Azam
MineForCoins.com was a $2500- 4500 name. Coin names are flying and one that was spot on like mineforcoins.com was sold far too cheaply.

If you're starting out in the industry and want to have some sales under your belt, sure. If that's not the goal, then you guys need to revalue your domains.

One $2000-3000 sale is like having 80-100 of those small sales.

Also by selling too cheaply, if there's alot of these sales, it somewhat lowers the benchmark of these types of names.

- continue to buy these types of names
- BE PATIENT for right the buyer
- Be confident

I say this with love

Last edited:
•••
@platey Appreciate the input, that's definitely part of what drew me towards the name to begin with.

@pokainc Thanks for the constructive feedback. This was one of my first purchases and with those came a few that were unmistakably poor decisions so much of that dissatisfaction likely poured over into my approach on this name. These types of sales though definitely continue to boost my confidence on future purchases and give me enough foresight to have patience when selling. Thanks again!

•••
Coin/Zebra/com
sold @ $120
Outbound.
Handregged. Held for 60 days.

•••
Coin/Zebra/com
sold @ $120
Outbound.
Handregged. Held for 60 days.

btw BIT/coin/zebra/ sold this year for $3k did you offer it to the buyer of that name?

•••
btw BIT/coin/zebra/ sold this year for $3k did you offer it to the buyer of that name?
I know.
Bitcoin/Zebra was a full-fledged site, but now it's just parked somewhere.
I tried contacting the guys but that didn't work out.
At the end of the day, it's just another brandable that had to go for some quick bucks.

•••
I know.
Bitcoin/Zebra was a full-fledged site, but now it's just parked somewhere.
I tried contacting the guys but that didn't work out.
At the end of the day, it's just another brandable that had to go for some quick bucks.

Congrats on the sale!! Was just curious, since that would of been my first outbound target and instantly thought of it when I saw your post!

•••
First off, congrats on the sales! Also, I definitely agree with pokainc, there are probably not many of us on here that wouldn't jump all over a $299 BIN on M/i/n/e/F/o/r/C/o/i/n/s .com right now.

Thank you! I actually forgot that I posted the name on undeveloped with BIN $299. On the same day I was thinking to update the price and that is when I received the email from undeveloped that the name has been sold. :banghead:

•••
Domain Name:Unfiltered.org
Sale: Godaddy
Sale type: Inbound offer from Godaddy
Price:$790
Sold:$790(Paid no commission)
Purchase:$12.17 @GoDaddy (Sometime in August I think)

Domain Name:Mixx.co
sale :Efty lander
sale : inbound
Price:$250
sale:$250(no commission)
Purchase: closeout with one year renew I think.Just wanted to get rid of this name and reinvest.Purchased when I was still learning the ropes.

Waiting to report another $2500 .org sale through efty lander but still waiting for payoneer escrow to find where the fund is since the 7th of December.Turned down 3 offers close to mid $x, xxx till they meet my asking BIN.
Until another time. No Further Details.

•••
Domain Name:Unfiltered.org
Sale: Godaddy
Sale type: Inbound offer from Godaddy
Price:$790
Sold:$790(Paid no commission)
Purchase:$12.17 @GoDaddy (Sometime in August I think)

Domain Name:Mixx.co
sale :Efty lander
sale : inbound
Price:$250
sale:$250(no commission)
Purchase: closeout with one year renew I think.Just wanted to get rid of this name and reinvest.Purchased when I was still learning the ropes.

Waiting to report another $2500 .org sale through efty lander but still waiting for payoneer escrow to find where the fund is since the 7th of December.Turned down 3 offers close to mid $x, xxx till they meet my asking BIN.
Until another time. No Further Details.
It's good to see .Org have many chances nowadays also. Congratulations mate !

•••
Ledger dot org ... $30k

Inbound email via hypernames.co
Bought on Sedo for $6k on 16/11/17 (seller began an auction using my counter-offer, but no other bids)

---

22nd Nov: I got the domain into my account and set up a landing page on hypernames.co - with an asking price of $45k. Had a couple of inquiries within the first few days, but nothing serious.

28th Nov: I had a five-figure inbound offer (via a broker). I countered at $30k, which was accepted.
The Escrow transaction recently completed, and the buyer was revealed as a well known crypto brand, manufacturing hardware wallets.

It's a great fit for them, so I'm surprised they didn't bid against me when the domain was on auction.
My guess is that it was flagged to them after my purchase price was published on Namebio.

Could have pushed harder but the returns are satisfactory in relation to the timeframe (six days).

---

Sharing my research process (for pre-purchase rationalisation) with everyone here:

- I downloaded the ICOTracker database from Coindesk to analyse the use of different TLDs and keywords within the crypto space (which gave me confidence to risk the .org extension)
- Manually scraped LinkedIn, Twitter and Crunchbase to reference the use of the term 'ledger' and 'distributed ledger' in company names and descriptions
- Used a keyword tool for search data and SERP ranking difficulty for those same terms
- Manual parse through Google using 'site: ledger' for existing domains that contain the word ledger
- Namebio, DnJournal and Namepros for seeing the crypto niche trending for domain sales.
- Usual searches to see what's happening on www.ledger.* (about 25 other extentions)
- A few days of deep reading, using CTRL+F to keep an eye out for the word (50+ articles across BBC, FT, Medium, Wired, Coindesk, Blockgeeks, etc)

My counterpoints for arguments against the investment (or for limiting the investment) mapped out as:
- Namebio data for .org sales (within the last year), showed low probability of selling above $15k.
- I had no experience of ever buying and selling .org beforehand. My early expectation was to hold the domain for at least a few years.
- The term ledger exists as a trademark within publishing - theledger//com (ledger media group), patriotledger//com, etc
- I was actually nervous that the company called Ledger was already using ledgerwallet//com. They also own ledger//fr and ledger//co. At the time, I saw this negatively as a potential UDRP threat and not as opportunity.
- Google Trends showed no significant uplift patterns for the search term over either the last 12 months or five years
- Although SERP difficulty was 59/100, KWFinder showed that PPC competition and resulting CPC were both very low.

Final profits also took a small hit because I hand-regged around 100 other related .COM and .CO domains throughout the above process.

Would love to claim some special intuition or foresight - but the truth is that I did a little bit of homework, took the chance and somehow got incredibly lucky on timing! Congrats to the buyer and a big thank you to the broker - not sure if I'm allowed to name them but they were super professional.

Last edited:
•••
Ledger dot org ... $30k

Inbound email via hypernames.co
Bought on Sedo for $6k on 16/11/17 (seller began an auction using my counter-offer, but no other bids)

---

22nd Nov: I got the domain into my account and set up a landing page on hypernames.co - with an asking price of $45k. Had a couple of inquiries within the first few days, but nothing serious.

28th Nov: I had a five-figure inbound offer (via a broker). I countered at $30k, which was accepted.
The Escrow transaction recently completed, and the buyer was revealed as a well known crypto brand, manufacturing hardware wallets.

It's a great fit for them, so I'm surprised they didn't bid against me when the domain was on auction.
My guess is that it was flagged to them after my purchase price was published on Namebio.

Could have pushed harder but the returns are satisfactory in relation to the timeframe (six days).

---

Sharing my research process (for pre-purchase rationalisation) with everyone here:

- I downloaded the ICOTracker database from Coindesk to analyse the use of different TLDs and keywords within the crypto space (which gave me confidence to risk the .org extension)
- Manually scraped LinkedIn, Twitter and Crunchbase to reference the use of the term 'ledger' and 'distributed ledger' in company names and descriptions
- Used a keyword tool for search data and SERP ranking difficulty for those same terms
- Manual parse through Google using 'site: ledger' for existing domains that contain the word ledger
- Namebio, DnJournal and Namepros for seeing the crypto niche trending for domain sales.
- Usual searches to see what's happening on www.ledger.* (about 25 other extentions)
- A few days of deep reading, using CTRL+F to keep an eye out for the word (50+ articles across BBC, FT, Medium, Wired, Coindesk, Blockgeeks, etc)

My counterpoints for arguments against the investment (or for limiting the investment) mapped out as:
- Namebio data for .org sales (within the last year), showed low probability of selling above $15k.
- I had no experience of ever buying and selling .org beforehand. My early expectation was to hold the domain for at least a few years.
- The term ledger exists as a trademark within publishing - theledger//com (ledger media group), patriotledger//com, etc
- I was actually nervous that the company called Ledger was already using ledgerwallet//com. They also own ledger//fr and ledger//co. At the time, I saw this negatively as a potential UDRP threat and not as opportunity.
- Google Trends showed no significant uplift patterns for the search term over either the last 12 months or five years
- Although SERP difficulty was 59/100, KWFinder showed that PPC competition and resulting CPC were both very low.

Final profits also took a small hit because I hand-regged around 100 other related .COM and .CO domains throughout the above process.

Would love to claim some special intuition or foresight - but the truth is that I did a little bit of homework, took the chance and somehow got incredibly lucky on timing! Congrats to the buyer and a big thank you to the broker - not sure if I'm allowed to name them but they were super professional.
Thanks for the in-depth insight, and congrats on a great sale!

•••
Domain: newskis.com
Cost: $23
Sold: $250
Venue: namejet

I was hoping for more but oh well, profit is profit

•••
Domain: newskis.com
Cost: $23
Sold: $250
Venue: namejet

I was hoping for more but oh well, profit is profit
Congratz mate! It was on auction?

•••
•••
Pint/CO
Sedo - BIN
Sold: $500
Paid: $100 + 3 years of reg @ around $25/yr

•••
well a guy on my facebook feed announced that he purchased HomeDevelopment.com

Screenshot_20171219-084808.png

•••
purchase venue ??

Last edited:
•••
sexdolls.info........ $250... gd makeoffer... $2 regfee 2017

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back