KeywordDomains

Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Discussion in 'Domain Name Sales' started by RJ, Apr 19, 2005.

Replies:
Views:

1. PlentyOfBrands

PlentyOfBrands Established Member

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. DnFolk

DnFolk Business Member Business Account VIP

R/E/T/R/O/X/O D/O/T/C/O/M/

afternic BIN 399

fasthost £1 promo reg in last november (2016) was about just 20 days remining to expire

PS one more sold domain that i before tried to sell here at NP for $5 unsuccessfully LINK
    previously other domain sold from that post was heroli

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  3. UmerK

UmerK Established Member

Sales in last months;
    ManliftHire in king for $500 it was a tough sale, had another buyer but backed off at the end so was happy to let it go. Purchased in closeouts few months back cost me about $20
    MilwaukeeWellness in king for $200 bought on NP for 9 ish dollars + 1 renewal payment through paypal. Would've ideally wanted more but built a business relationship with a company / guy who deal with local business having multiple offices and they handle everything for them, so it was a good experience.

4. Isibor Imieka

Isibor Imieka Established Member

Outbound or inbound sales?

5. UmerK

UmerK Established Member

Outbound

6. Amzymayor

Amzymayor Established Member

I must commend the way you've been making sales on Afternic. Just two questions please: how many domains did you buy during the promo and do you list all your domains with lower bin?

7. Stare-Media

Stare-Media Business Member Business Account

Congrats, did you do any outbound or just let them sit and wait for the buyers to find the names?

8. DnFolk

Hello Thank you, to answer your questions

1. 1500+ purchased during promo majority of my sales were reseller like average 15 per domain at NP or fb whatsapp groups etc only few domains were sold to end user by outbound/inbound. some at afternic and few at brandbucket and sedo. Managing domains in hundreds/thousands is tedious and since this is not full time, i made mistakes to not list my names at different marketplaces like i only did at afternic/sedo and there too not listed all names, sedo i am yet to list 60-70% of my names and afternic about 30-40% i hope to correct this and much more very soon.

2. Initially when i was new i used to be too stupid to let go many good deals/offers. via inbound whenever i got offers in the range of 150-500 for fasthost promo names i used to then quote in 4 fig. This because it had worked for 2 names at the very start and then all other offers were lost by me, when i understood this mistake simultaneously i also realized that as a domainer i need to list my domains at marketplaces so while doing the needful combining with the frustration of me losing many inbound deals i listed many names initially with lower price at afternic. I had thought once to change it but then i am too lazy and listing/editing is the only process i dont enjoy in domaining and as it was working well i didnt interfare. Although as told i have yet to list many names i am changing it now.

no outbound, just list. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM
  9. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Active Member PRO Business Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

10. Compassion

Compassion Live from the matrix. PRO Business Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

t/e/a/k/f/o/r/s/a/l/e in king..
    $3100

$3.99 name registration Nov 16

bodis inbound 500 Jul 17

countered 5000

settled two offers later on price Aug 17

Not a smooth transfer though - Escrow almost blew it up, but fortunately the buyer really wanted the name so he didn't waver after we got sidetracked by their antics. They rejected the Non-US buyer even with the credentials sent to them to verify. Sat there for weeks in limbo. Settled through paypal and then...

The buyer had a slight English language barrier and no knowledge of the push/transfer process so I created an entirely new godaddy account and email account and then transferred in the name for him and then turned over the account . . . and that's how the extended escrow ended up working itself out.

11. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols My name is Joe and I am Canadian! VIP

Nice sale. Purchase price? Hold time? Venue? Inbound/Outbound?

12. PlentyOfBrands

PlentyOfBrands Established Member

13. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols My name is Joe and I am Canadian! VIP

Just got confirmation on a sale of my own:

Domain Name: Clear/The/Rack[dot]com
    Sale Venue: Afternic (via GoDaddy broker)
    Sale Type: Inbound offer
    Asking price: $2495
    Sale Price: $2000
    Purchase Price: $10 (hand reg)
    Hold time: About 2 months
    Net profit: $1590 (minus purchase price and Afternic fees)

I bought this one on a whim, knowing that it only had one or two ideal end users (there's one big department store that I was targeting), although I did like the commercial appeal of the term.

I emailed two or three marketing execs from this department store about 5 or 6 weeks ago, but never got a response. So I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email from a GoDaddy broker last week saying they had an interested buyer, but that they may not pay my asking price. I said there was a little room to move, they came back the next day with the $2000 offer and I accepted. Payment took a bit longer than it should have (9 days or so) due to some internal error.

This was my first experience with a GoDaddy broker; needless to say I was very pleased with the results, and the speed of the negotiation and transaction. I'll be very curious to see if the buyer is the company I was targeting.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 2:16 PM
  14. DomainDepot

DomainDepot Established Member

Sold: m//a//n//w//i//p//e in king
    Acquired a few weeks back at closeout/drop
    Outbound: Did some research, owner had a few domains so it was easy to pitch
    Sale price: $500

Might have been able to get more, but sold it real quick. Smooth transaction.

15. Kazzia

Kazzia Business Member Business Account

Domain name: InjuryAttorney.org
    Sale venue: Afternic
    Listing type: GoDaddy premium network listing
    Seller: Kazzia LTD
    Asking price: $9750
    Sale price: $9750
    Purchase venue: GoDaddy expired domain auction
    Purchase price: $155 (two years ago)
    Details: I wrote up a really good (I think) email with good information, and did some outbounding. I stated that this price was firm and that it would go to the first one who takes the buy it now. I got several replies and two strong bites. Then I get an email from Afternic that I got an offer for $9000. Clearly this was one of my leads. I said no, the price is firm. The sale and transfer went hours later.

16. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times Business Account VIP

Congrats. Risky move in the end just for $750. If the offer is so close to the asking price one should accept it, imo.

17. Kazzia

Well, if I have the right end-user on the line, and several more work with, and stated up front that my price was firm and pushing the urgency of being first to get it, I felt comfortable with it. If I had no other interest, and they came in low, and we went back and forth for awhile, then that would make sense to not squeeze every penny. In this case I thought I could work the rest of my leads and always go back to them later if it didnt work out. And..it was my lead, and they went through Afternic which cost me $2k. So, I was not too excited about giving up another $1k. Ha ha. All is well that ends well!!

18. Kazzia

Oh, to be more clear, I have an Efty marketplace where they can do the buy it now.

19. skyz21

skyz21 MediaWho.com Business Account VIP

Domain: BackWin in King
    Venue: Sedo
    Type: Make Offer
    Sale Price: $700
    Cost: $2 promo at Dotster

I was planning to renew this one but received an offer 2 weeks before expiry :)

20. kerala

kerala Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

21. ET76

ET76 PayingBot.com VIP

Did you you point the landing page to Afternic parking page for your domains reged at FH and sold at Afternic?

22. DnFolk

no without parking, at afternic i only make sure to list all domains in fast transfer premium listing and never parked. I believe fast transfer listing is very effective.

23. Fuadiansyah

Fuadiansyah Established Member

Where?
    Private? GD Expires? Namejet?

24. dragtastic

dragtastic Established Member

25. ET76

ET76 PayingBot.com VIP

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 11:21 AM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!