IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$1000 - A private sale:

Boat .center

•••
•••
HelloProof/com- Undeveloped (10 aug)
Suplox/com-Undeveloped (20 sep)
Bitoxy/com-SEDO (22 sep)
Judojo/com-Afternic (18 oct)

Sale price -195$ each (BIN)
Commission- Standard
Purchase price- 1-5$ each (Promo)

Last edited:
•••
a few recent ones:

Multi-Car.com - $500
EssentialNutrition.us - $700
TransportSoftware.net - $549
Unihome.co - €400
MedicalAncillaryServices.com - €350
uCash.eu - $499
DentistsHampshire.co.uk - £300
PetBereavementCounselling.co.uk - £99
CharteredSurveyorBirmingham.co.uk - £300
NCVTesting.com - £100
Congrats on the sales. I assume all these were via outbound marketing?

•••
dallas/barber/shop in king

Inbound in my own landing page this was a surprise sale, did out bound 6 months back no reply and and boom yesterday it sold via buy now from some one i never did outbound.

•••
Domain name: check.news
Sale venue: afternic BIN
Seller: Me
Sale price: $850
Purchase Price + renew - $25 (29 Sep 2016)

•••
N u b u c k s - $399
.com sale through GD premium listing
Hand registered in Jan 2017

•••
PoliticalParty.org -- $1,055 -- Flippa (Selected as Editor's Choice)

Hand reg'd 2 months ago after it had dropped.

•••
Domain name: rudy.xyz
Sale venue: undeveloped.com (negotiated)
Sale price: $350
Purchase Price - $0.99 (09 Nov 2016)

•••
@kerala just seems to be getting it right
Domain name: rudy.xyz
Sale venue: undeveloped.com (negotiated)
Sale price: $350
Purchase Price - $0.99 (09 Nov 2016)

Nice sale Kerala yet again. Does it mean that you have BIN on some names and make offer on others?

•••
PoliticalParty.org -- $1,055 -- Flippa (Selected as Editor's Choice)

Hand reg'd 2 months ago after it had dropped.
hi , do you upgrade the listing in flippa ?

•••
Domain name: clothing.news
Sale price: $399
Purchase Price + renew - <$45 (01 Oct 2016)

•••
Hu//zr.come

Won for $165 on dropc
Sold for $225 or so on flippa 30-day auction without upgrades. Like most of the bidders were banned. . . Imho, buyer got a shill price. No reserve btw.

Flippant fees not taken into account

•••
Domain name: clothing.news
Sale price: $399
Purchase Price + renew - <$45 (01 Oct 2016)
What is clothing news. . .

•••
•••
PinkShop.com just sold on namejet for $2100.

•••
Adtia (king) $999 afternic
VRflow (king) $399 GD prem

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello everyone!

Here I am finally making my first 4-fig sale! Here's the tl;dr:

Domain: Cleveland/Leg//al/Aid in the most popular and successful TLD.

Acquisition cost: Name.com offered a $1 domain deal last October. But I had to spend $13 to renew it, then $8.49 to transfer it to Epik. (Yes I know, noob mistakes)

Venue: Incoming Inquiry via Email

1st offer by me: $1249.00 (Price suggested by .NJ! THANKS!)

Final total price the buyer paid: $1325.00

After the escrow withdrawal fee and other mentioned fees, I took away around $1220ish.

More info:

An IT company that specializes in legal clients emailed me asking about my domain, which expired. After asking on NP, I was able to renew the domain :P. Then NJ suggested an initial price I could take to the buyer. I was honest with the buyer and told them that the domain had expired and I renewed it so that HugeDoma/ins or whoever wouldn't snatch it up and try to sell it at some unreasonable price.

After 2 days, the buyer replied and said her client agreed to the price and wanted to know how to proceed. I said pay, they got nervous and asked for escrow. I said sure as long as the buyer pays escrow fee.

So she said her client agreed and I said that we could do Epik escrow (because of all the good things I heard about it on NP) and initiated everything over there with Rob.

Rob was very nice and after I transferred the domain to Epik, he put up a marketplace listing for the final price. The next day the buyer paid and Rob gave me the full amount because the epik marketplace doesn't take a commission :O. It was so great! :D

Final thoughts:

The sale was a huge, huge, huge fluke. I wouldn't recommend reggae any GEOLegalAid domains at all. There are many available, and the ones that are unavailable aren't even being used by end-users. They're all just domainers. NyLegalAid.com is one example. I'm actually letting my MemphisLegalAid.com expire completely. Some that are available are: DCLegalAid, LALegalAid, MilwaukeeLegalAid. . . And i'm not going to reggae them unless Dotster is offering a $1 deal that allows for $1 renewals (they did this last year no joke!) Because then I'll pick 5 and renew for 10 years for $500 and perhaps a few might sell so I can profit or break even.

The price was also super miraculous. It's the fact that this kind of domain isn't in demand that would have you wishing you could sell it for even $200. The buyer was just very, very naïve or too busy to check these factors. I mean they agreed without countering. . . (Or maybe NJ's pricing is just that good :D)

If you disagree or have insights, feel free to reply or PM me so I can learn more about GEOs and how i'm right/wrong about this whole sale :).

•••
Custom/Packaging/org

Acquisition cost: $36 (GD Closeouts, I hold the name for 50 days).
Sale price: $1,000
Outbound, deal closed in 3 days after I offered the name. I think I could get around $ 3500, but I decided to accept their $1,000 offer, and invest in few .com names.

This is my first sale, many thanks goes to @deez007 and @gilescoley for the advices they gave me.

•••
L O G O L dotCOM

Sold for $10,000 USD via Afternic, acquired it for $66 in 2015.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back