IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mostly.in $15
RePublish.in $80

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes, Many Queries... so, I think It will get good value in future..
I am not sure, But Now looking for Mid $XXX offer.. Is it valuable that much ?

•••
Think it as "retweet" / "reshare", Decent domain for social media/press/news....
Just google term "Republish India" lots of end user there,to try your luck :)
Good Luck

•••
Think it as "retweet" / "reshare", Decent domain for social media/press/news....
Just google term "Republish India" lots of end user there,to try your luck :)
Good Luck
Yeh. Thats Good Odea. Thank you so much sir.

•••
•••
Rekut dot com

Venue: Namejet
Sold: $340
Purchased for $12.99 from Dynadot

•••
•••
How long did you hold it? Have you sold many LLNN as I heard they were tougher to sell?

I must have gotten it in 2016 or 2015

I liked it somehow and renewed it 2016

I was dropping my other llnn
but this one looked "good" to me

offer came in july
buyer went away after escrow
but returned in sept

deal was done

for $300 usd initially offered by broker

sometimes you just have to accept the price offered

especially when my chinese friends didn't figure a meaning
and I personnally see no high value if any

•••
•••
NOT AIMED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR BUT AS A GENERAL REMINDER BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL WITH CLUTTER

When you post a sale, to avoid 10 replies for "where did you sell" , "inbound or outbound", etc... just post everything in the first post. You can see a template in the thread rules section of this thread which looks something like the following:

• DOMAIN:
  • SOLD PRICE:
  • WHERE IT SOLD:
  • UPGRADES (if any):
  • INBOUND OR OUTBOUND:
  • OTHER DETAILS REGARDING SALE:
if you don't want to offer more details besides just domain and price, just put "No Further Details" at the end of your post.

Many of the replies in this thread lately, although I'm sure they are not aimed at being negatively impacting the usefulness of the thread, should be done often in private through direct messages.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Some of last months (August) sales below:

qrypt dot com... $29k
Inbound via hypernames.co
Purchased at the start of July for $975 (roughly 6 weeks earlier).
Was very surprised when I bought this domain as I was expecting to pay more.
Had multiple four/five-figure offers within weeks of buying it. Just got lucky with the timing as the heat ramped up in the ICO/crypto space. Fixed a reasonable (non-negotiable) price that I felt represented the commercial value and let all interested parties know via email.

data dot science... $12.5k
Inbound via hypernames.co
Purchased in 2015, but can't disclose purchase price.
Made more on the GBP/USD movement (weaker sterling) than I did on the dollar margin itself.
Think it has some pretty awesome potential, so a little sad to see it go but it went to a great home/owner.
A cool nGTLD with a non-premium renewal price. My third data-science related sale in as many years.

hypr dot co
... $2k
Outbound. Hand-regd in 2012.
Bought this domain for personal use in 2012, hence the long hold at a high-renewal price. Listed it on Sedo whilst I waited to use it... had a few $XXX offers over the years. Decided not to use it after purchasing Hypernames.co, so sent out emails to three potential buyers.

All three sales closed via Escrow.com.

A note about pricing strategy...

For many years, I used 'Make Offer' with no price on all my domains, waiting for an incoming number. It was a subconscious safety-blanket because I didn't know how to value/price my own inventory.
This always resulted in lowballs on Sedo. And when I received emails via whois asking 'how much?', I would reply with some variant of 'you make an offer'. This method yielded fewer replies, so possibly it was a point of friction for potential buyers whom felt uncomfortable saying their number first or maybe even didn't know where to start.

This year, I've been making much more effort to clearly price my domains - regardless of whether they're set to Make Offer or Buy It Now.
With a guide price, it has become easier to communicate clearly with potential buyers and sets a starting point for negotiation. A lot of buyers are super busy people, so the last thing I want to do is waste their time playing 'you-go-first'.
I now have sales prices on most domains based on a combination of research and gut feel. Alongside this, I have a constantly evolving excel sheet with private targets / acceptable exit-points.
I'm going for the moon on a few, ambitious on most and slightly-above-market-rates on the rest.

Definitely debatable as a strategy, but to do this, I had to let go of the fear of leaving (hypothetical) money on the table. Better to have bread and butter today than constantly wait for jam tomorrow.

Congrats on the sales, data dot science is just beautiful.

Was that an end user sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
•••
•••
Sold TrafficAnalyser.com for $1000 in private deal...

•••
Domain: Used-Forklift. (com)
Purchase date: 30/08/2017
Purchase price: $8.99
Sale price: $480 net $444
Sale date: 6/09/2017
Sale venue : outbound. Finalized through namesilo market place.
The domain was immediately put to use by buyer.

•••
w a t t e n e r g y .co. uk, 500 GBP
i d g . com. ua, 150 EUR
c o l l e c t o r . pl, 250 EUR

All outbound
Purchase price: reg fee

•••
D/R/I/L/L/E/D/./O/R/G

Brokered this domain though Outbound.

Purchase price $26
Final sale price $300.

•••
O/r/i/g/i/n/a/l/C/o/i/n(.)com
Price: not much but sold for quick money

•••
Sold:
Domain name: invest.life
Sale venue: afternic BIN
Seller: Me
Sale price: $995
Purchase price: $1.99
Purchase Date: 03 Dec 2016

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back