IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recently also sold:

G/r/e/e/c/e/B/e/a/c/h/e/s(.)com for $298 on NameJet
C/l/o/u/d/S/e/t/.com for $600 on NameJet (a bargain)
L/a/t/e/s/t/R/e/c/i/p/e/s(.)com for $500 on NamePros

•••
Here are also some names URLU sold on BrandBucket:

ClickHound.com $1560 - Purchased for $69
LikePrice.com $1915 - Purchased for $30
BroadCrowd.com $1915 - Reg Fee
Silvida.com $1795 - Reg Fee
BonBello.com $1404 - Reg Fee
UltraBon.com $1795 - Reg Fee
MagnaBella.com $2635 - Reg Fee
Hellotron.com $1195 - Reg Fee
Techvo.com $2635 - Purchased for $22
Congratulations! (y)
Can you share how many domains you have listed on BB?

•••
•••
Qrypt was bought on Sedo.

(Would appreciate it if you could remove the domain from your post please)
If you don't want your domain sales mentioned on a public forum then don't post them on a public forum...

•••
Fantastic sales @Nikul Sanghvi!

Some smaller sales recently:

Domain: trucks --- hub.com
bin Price: $299
Platform: Afternic/Godaddy.

Domain: dvd --- stream.com

Last edited:
•••
If you don't want your domain sales mentioned on a public forum then don't post them on a public forum...

He (Nikul) meant not to type his domain name in full on namepros else it will come up in google search if anytime the current owner searches it. Better write it like he did or in any other format like q/r/y/p/t (in dot com) etc

•••
Qrypt was bought on Sedo.

(Would appreciate it if you could remove the domain from your post please)

He (Nikul) meant not to type his domain name in full on namepros else it will come up in google search if anytime the current owner searches it. Better write it like he did or in any other format like q/r/y/p/t (in dot com) etc

I've made report to admin to get rid of it as I can't edit it anymore.

•••
Some of last months (August) sales below:

qrypt dot com... $29k
Inbound via hypernames.co
Purchased at the start of July for $975 (roughly 6 weeks earlier).
Was very surprised when I bought this domain as I was expecting to pay more.
Had multiple four/five-figure offers within weeks of buying it. Just got lucky with the timing as the heat ramped up in the ICO/crypto space. Fixed a reasonable (non-negotiable) price that I felt represented the commercial value and let all interested parties know via email.

data dot science... $12.5k
Inbound via hypernames.co
Purchased in 2015, but can't disclose purchase price.
Made more on the GBP/USD movement (weaker sterling) than I did on the dollar margin itself.
Think it has some pretty awesome potential, so a little sad to see it go but it went to a great home/owner.
A cool nGTLD with a non-premium renewal price. My third data-science related sale in as many years.

hypr dot co
... $2k
Outbound. Hand-regd in 2012.
Bought this domain for personal use in 2012, hence the long hold at a high-renewal price. Listed it on Sedo whilst I waited to use it... had a few $XXX offers over the years. Decided not to use it after purchasing Hypernames.co, so sent out emails to three potential buyers.

All three sales closed via Escrow.com.

A note about pricing strategy...

For many years, I used 'Make Offer' with no price on all my domains, waiting for an incoming number. It was a subconscious safety-blanket because I didn't know how to value/price my own inventory.
This always resulted in lowballs on Sedo. And when I received emails via whois asking 'how much?', I would reply with some variant of 'you make an offer'. This method yielded fewer replies, so possibly it was a point of friction for potential buyers whom felt uncomfortable saying their number first or maybe even didn't know where to start.

This year, I've been making much more effort to clearly price my domains - regardless of whether they're set to Make Offer or Buy It Now.
With a guide price, it has become easier to communicate clearly with potential buyers and sets a starting point for negotiation. A lot of buyers are super busy people, so the last thing I want to do is waste their time playing 'you-go-first'.
I now have sales prices on most domains based on a combination of research and gut feel. Alongside this, I have a constantly evolving excel sheet with private targets / acceptable exit-points.
I'm going for the moon on a few, ambitious on most and slightly-above-market-rates on the rest.

Definitely debatable as a strategy, but to do this, I had to let go of the fear of leaving (hypothetical) money on the table. Better to have bread and butter today than constantly wait for jam tomorrow.
Man, you're on fire... 911

•••
Send / m/a/i/l dot I O

Venue: Undeveloped
Sale Price: $400
Acquisition Cost: $99 (+ $32 for a year's renewal)

•••
Fantastic sales @Nikul Sanghvi!

Some smaller sales recently:

Domain: trucks --- hub.com

Domain: dvd --- stream.com
Congrats. How long did you hold them for? what percentage of your names do you list on Afternic/Godaddy?

•••
Congratulations! (y)
Can you share how many domains you have listed on BB?

Had about 400 - 450 on and off during 2-3 years total, selling and buying here and there.
But in total most of the names were published only about 10 - 12 months on BB in that period. Sometimes I had a name for 3 months on BB and removed it, and then re-list it and boom it sells in a month, it is always random. Was testing out Efty, Afternic etc. which have been very successful too, both with BB rejected and accepted names. The more names there are the higher the chances of a sale. It is a numbers game, quality is key too of course.

Last edited:
•••
Sold A/s/k/A/r/u/b/a(.)com $140
Outbound, reg fee

One of the smaller ones, but hey, it counts ;)
I recon you mailed tour operatives in Aruba? outbound for brandables is a bit tricky, would love to get a pointer or two on how you approach this. Thanks!

•••
I recon you mailed tour operatives in Aruba? outbound for brandables is a bit tricky, would love to get a pointer or two on how you approach this. Thanks!

I live in Aruba and that helps a lot ;) For example last week I ordered some food online. Then when they arrived I asked the owner of the company if he would be interested in A/r/u/b/a/S/h/o/p/p/i/n/g/(.)com for example (yes the owner came and deliver, Aruba is small). Things like that.

For example I sold A/r/u/b/a/P/r/o/p/e/r/t/i/e/s / (dot) com by meeting the clients in McDonalds, never met them before, but family and friends know each other, and coincidentally they met there and they start talking waiting in the row for food, and then I introduce myself and I ask them what they do for a living etc, and they say real estate, and there is where I say, hey I have this and this name etc. bla bla I do this and this, and then they get interested etc.

You just never know who will buy a name and where and how lol. One of my biggest sale started with someone I did not know in McDonalds without any intention of meeting anyone to do business! Can you believe that! Is that outbound? What is that called... but these are lucky sales. Outbound normally I do via emails, facebook, twitter etc. all over the world. I prefer broad names, non geo. Throw out as many hooks as you can, online and in real life and a fish will bite. Good bait helps, the quality of the name is key of course.

Last edited:
•••
•••
another small sale afternic g|l|o|w|b|l|o|w DOT COM 199

had registered at dotster for 1.5 something exactly an year ago(9//3/2016)
and sold on 9/3/2017 was not going to renew had forget about it since it was rejected on bb and no body bought it even for $3 here.

•••
In KING:

BrandAny $500 through GoDaddy Premium. Bought about a year ago for about $50

247Bailbonds $2000. Afternic. Bought about 5 years ago for $150. Worked many, many deals on this but no one was able to pull the trigger. Afternic rep asked if I would accept offer and I decided I was ready since I'm getting married in two months and I have to pay the band. Lol

•••
•••
Sold PFFO(.) come $599
TurkishTowels (.co) $299

•••
•••
•••
Sold:
Domain name: gemini.media
Sale venue: afternic BIN
Seller: Me
Sale price: $699
Purchase price: $6.88
Purchase Date: 04 Jan 2017

•••
I don't normally report my sales, prefer to keep them private but I am mentioning these 2 as a shout out to broker @JudgeMind who did a great job on them. Both names sold on Flippa and both had editors choice:

blamed dot com - $893. I spent $0 on the domain as I bought it as part of a batch of domains and made ROI on the lot before this sale.
products dot org - $10k. I spent just over $2k on and resold it within around 2 months at BIN. Love the domain so many possibilities, good luck to the buyer.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back