Domain Empire

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain name: Online/Job/Ads (dot) com
Sale Venue: Sedo
Listing type: Make offer
Asking price: 450 Euro
Sale price: 250 Euro
Purchase price: $16

•••
Domain name: JACKPOT /dot/ SI
Sale Venue: Sedo
Listing type: fixed price
Seller: my company
Sale price: 3.525 €
Purchase price: 12 €
Details: I brokered myself domain.

•••
•••
Amilar .com

Sale Venue: Dynadot Marketplace
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: $400
Sale price: $400
Purchase details: Dynadot drop catch, ten days ago for low $XX
Wow, i couldn't imagine DD Marketplace is worth something. Congrats!

•••
s/w/o/r/d/f/i/r/e/ .com and w/o/r/d/c/e/l/l/ .com - sold both in bundle for high $xxx

This was an interesting one, i sold recently one domain at Sedo (BIN) and then i contacted the buyer via whois and thanked him and suggested him another domain which is also great in the same his niche. He wasn't interested in that domain but liked two other domains from my portfolio, so we made a quick deal. So that was basically upsale.

(Both domains were purchased couple months ago, one API dropcaught for $9, another backordered with DD for $16).

•••
Sold ChinaHotel dot info for $100 at Afternic BIN
Sold Hanuman dot info for $40 through offer/counteroffer at Afternic

•••
Domain name: G r a n i t e F i t n e s s . c o m
Sale Method: Outbound email
Purchase price: $19
Details: Purchased last year at GD Closeouts

•••
Domain name: L/a/k/e/C/i/t/y/I/n/s/u/r/a/n/c/e/./c/o/m
Sale venue: Inbound
Seller: Me
Sale price: $350
Purchase price: $16

•••
Last edited:
•••
Domain name: G r a n i t e F i t n e s s . c o m
Sale Method: Outbound email
Purchase price: $19
Details: Purchased last year at GD Closeouts
Congrats...outbound email.So how many mails before the final buyer??

•••
d/n/q/./i/o $309
f/o/o/d/t/e/c/k/./c/o/m $135(with content)(within month of registration($1.5 promo)

•••
My recent sales:

Domain name: Fruit/iq (dot) com
Sale Venue: GD
Sale price: $300
Purchase price: $6.99
Details: hand registered late last year

Domain name: Storage/city in US (dot) com
Sale Venue: Afternic
Sale price: $450

Domain name: e/v/o/q/o (dot) com
Sale Venue: BB
Sale price: decent X.XXX
Details: hand registered in 2016

•••
Congrats...outbound email.So how many mails before the final buyer??

I contacted less than 5 people. The eventual buyer responded almost immediately asking how to proceed. We wrapped it up in a few emails.

•••
Domain names / Sale Price:
Q u o t e (.) xyz for $300
S o f a (.) xyz for $133
A p p r a i s a l (.) xyz for $69
B l o g g e r s (.) xyz for $69
B e l t (.) xyz for $69
M o d e m s (.) xyz for $69
S i l v e r w a r e (.) xyz for $69
D i m m e r (.) xyz for $69
D e h u m i d i f i e r (.) xyz for $69

Sale Venue: Namejet
Listing Type: Auction
Purchase price: from $1 to $9 each
(Offered a few of these at Namepros but nobody was interested)

•••
Domain names / Sale Price:
Q u o t e (.) xyz for $300
S o f a (.) xyz for $133
A p p r a i s a l (.) xyz for $69
B l o g g e r s (.) xyz for $69
B e l t (.) xyz for $69
M o d e m s (.) xyz for $69
S i l v e r w a r e (.) xyz for $69
D i m m e r (.) xyz for $69
D e h u m i d i f i e r (.) xyz for $69

Sale Venue: Namejet
Listing Type: Auction
Purchase price: from $1 to $9 each
(Offered a few of these at Namepros but nobody was interested)
How much were the fees?

•••
•••
•••
CustomWineBaskets dot com and CustomWineBasket dot com

Found a buyer for the plural version for $125...he was on his honeymoon so it took a week to final the deal. During the wait, I found the singular version was also available so I snatched it up and got him to pay an additional $50...Both were hand reg'd at godaddy.

•••
Hyphenated Domain Sales Alert:

Domain name
: Drop-Zone.com
Sale venue: Sedo
Listing type: Buy It Now
Seller: me
Asking price: $799
Sale price: $799
Purchase price: $60
Details: Not bad for a hyphenated name

•••
Domain name: ***ZO.com 5L Pronounceable
Sale venue: DNS
Asking price: $2,500
Sale price: $2,400
Purchase price: NA
Details: DNS Broker approached me and said that the inquiry came with a max offer of $1,000 and thats the max they could get out of the buyer. I confirmed we need much more, but their email to the buyer didnt get any traction at all. I had to step in and call the guy myself. It was one of the greatest calls I ever had with a customer, the guy was very fun to talk to. He is a rising star in the music world and thats his nickname since childhood! We kept talking about the price and what he will do with teh domain. He finally agreed to $2,500 but over 3 installments.Then after few hours I kept chasing him to raise enough funds to finalize it fast. Then I threw a final bait, Pay in cash and I will pay the escrow fees in full and will take a $100 off, valid for 24 hours. He agreed after an hour. I walked him through the whole process afterwards, all finalized end to end in 6 hours of negotiations, accounts creations (Godaddy and Escrow) and teaching him how to accept a push.

What I learned here is 1 thing, I diverted ALL NAMES ON DNS to be brokered by myself! DNS is good if they care to broker the names for you. Smaller domainers like myself arent worth much to them, which I really understand, they have a business to run and someone selling 4-5K/month brings them $600 in commissions monthly, so not worthy more than 1 hour per week. What is really weird is that they dont pick up the phone! A prospect offering 40% of the retail asking price and you dont pick up the phone? Anyways, I do understand their business decision and I like Jeff and his brokers, but I care about my money being left on the table more than anything else! Aint this the reason Im in business? :)

Happy with the sale, and will (as usual) use the proceeds only to buy more quality names!

Thanks a lot NPers. You guys taught me domaining from scratch and I owe every member here something! Thank you all and I wish you all great luck moving forward!

•••
Domain name: ***ZO.com 5L Pronounceable
Sale venue: DNS
Asking price: $2,500
Sale price: $2,400
Purchase price: NA
Details: DNS Broker approached me and said that the inquiry came with a max offer of $1,000 and thats the max they could get out of the buyer. I confirmed we need much more, but their email to the buyer didnt get any traction at all. I had to step in and call the guy myself. It was one of the greatest calls I ever had with a customer, the guy was very fun to talk to. He is a rising star in the music world and thats his nickname since childhood! We kept talking about the price and what he will do with teh domain. He finally agreed to $2,500 but over 3 installments.Then after few hours I kept chasing him to raise enough funds to finalize it fast. Then I threw a final bait, Pay in cash and I will pay the escrow fees in full and will take a $100 off, valid for 24 hours. He agreed after an hour. I walked him through the whole process afterwards, all finalized end to end in 6 hours of negotiations, accounts creations (Godaddy and Escrow) and teaching him how to accept a push.

What I learned here is 1 thing, I diverted ALL NAMES ON DNS to be brokered by myself! DNS is good if they care to broker the names for you. Smaller domainers like myself arent worth much to them, which I really understand, they have a business to run and someone selling 4-5K/month brings them $600 in commissions monthly, so not worthy more than 1 hour per week. What is really weird is that they dont pick up the phone! A prospect offering 40% of the retail asking price and you dont pick up the phone? Anyways, I do understand their business decision and I like Jeff and his brokers, but I care about my money being left on the table more than anything else! Aint this the reason Im in business? :)

Happy with the sale, and will (as usual) use the proceeds only to buy more quality names!

Thanks a lot NPers. You guys taught me domaining from scratch and I owe every member here something! Thank you all and I wish you all great luck moving forward!
Congratulations on the sale.

Have got one question though..I have listed all of my domains as non brokered
but still I see the enquiries in the brokered section of uniregistery.Also I dont see any details of the person making the offer?

•••
Congratulations on the sale.

Have got one question though..I have listed all of my domains as non brokered
but still I see the enquiries in the brokered section of uniregistery.Also I dont see any details of the person making the offer?
Thats another piece, they started adding a confidentiality layer as well. I guess Efty.com is calling for us ;)

•••
Thats another piece, they started adding a confidentiality layer as well. I guess Efty.com is calling for us ;)
Right..just came to know about it on DomainSherpa.They even let u create a marketstore where u can put up all your domains for display.Not sure on the pricing though

•••
Domain name: Exitpol.com
Sale Venue: Afternic
Listing type: BuyItNow
Price: $999

•••

Nice sale - I used to have old leads go to DNS brokers, and they closed a few sales that way. But they were never fast enough in responding to new leads. Sometimes leads would wait unanswered for days, during the time I had the leads going to DNS. I've since moved all of my names off of DNS, since the launch of Uni Market.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back