IT.COM

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold Crystal.io for $8000 to an enduser.

Inbound inquiry. Negotiated for just over a month.
Purchased for $500 on Flippa last year (June).
Escrow completed today.

My first .io sale and my first enduser sale too !! Long way to go..

Cheers,
V

•••
Recent sales:

B u d N a t i o n (.) com for $500 @ Afternic. Inbound (offer/counter-offer).

Congrats on your sales and talent for hunting these 2 KW .coms. But i think thats an undersell. lol

•••
S o S a v e .com - Low $x,xxx

Contacted through godaddy buying service.

•••
Congrats on your sales and talent for hunting these 2 KW .coms. But i think thats an undersell. lol

First thing I had in mind: Budweiser or Bud Light

•••
First thing I had in mind: Budweiser or Bud Light
Ah... wasnt even thinking that. i was thinking bud as a synomym for 420.lol. thats brandable for that.

•••
•••
Domain name:T/E/M/P/T/S.com
Sale Venue: DNS
Listing type:BIN
Listing upgrades:none
Asking price:$1,999
Sale price:$1,999
Purchase price:xxx
Details:No further details

Nice sale to kickstart June! I already did my Q2 target for domaining as there is a large sale under NDA I cant disclose, so I am all set. Any sale actually until mid August is a bonus :) Hard work paid off!

•••
Thanks for your input. I might have been able to get a bit more for the name from another buyer, but I currently aim for lower prices and a higher turnover, so I am not really concerned about possibly underselling some names.

I previously aimed for higher prices, and I always tried to avoid leaving money on the table. However, I have not once managed to sell a name where I firmly held out for a higher price, but I’ve missed out on thousands in sales by not taking decent offers (and instead trying to get even more money than offered to me for those names). Ironically, the way I have left the most money on the table has been by trying to avoid leaving money on the table. When I followed this strategy, months usually passed between each sale, and I didn’t manage to get more than $1000 when I actually made a sale anyway (I’m only talking about the names I own that are not listed on BrandBucket here, I’ve had multiple $XXXX sales on their platform, and most of my earnings last year came from their platform. I sold relatively few names from the rest of my portfolio last year, since I always tried to get as much as possible for each name).

So I might be able to get a bit more for some names if I refuse to sell at lower prices, but firmly holding out for a higher price might also lead to that potential buyer backing out, and no sale being made at all. I now put lower BIN prices on my names and I sell if I get a decent offer. I’ve been earning a lot more than I did before as a result. When looking only at the part of my portfolio that is not listed on BrandBucket, I have on average been earning the same monthly, in the last few months, that I earned from this part of my portfolio in the whole of 2015! After seeing those kinds of results, I am no longer concerned with (possibly) underselling individual names, since the grand total of sales is significantly higher than before. I think making a sale (and potentially leaving some money on the table) is much better than not making a sale (and many smaller sales quickly add up to thousands).

•••
Thanks for your input. I might have been able to get a bit more for the name from another buyer, but I currently aim for lower prices and a higher turnover, so I am not really concerned about possibly underselling some names.

I previously aimed for higher prices, and I always tried to avoid leaving money on the table. However, I have not once managed to sell a name where I firmly held out for a higher price, but I’ve missed out on thousands in sales by not taking decent offers (and instead trying to get even more money than offered to me for those names). Ironically, the way I have left the most money on the table has been by trying to avoid leaving money on the table. When I followed this strategy, months usually passed between each sale, and I didn’t manage to get more than $1000 when I actually made a sale anyway (I’m only talking about the names I own that are not listed on BrandBucket here, I’ve had multiple $XXXX sales on their platform, and most of my earnings last year came from their platform. I sold relatively few names from the rest of my portfolio last year, since I always tried to get as much as possible for each name).

So I might be able to get a bit more for some names if I refuse to sell at lower prices, but firmly holding out for a higher price might also lead to that potential buyer backing out, and no sale being made at all. I now put lower BIN prices on my names and I sell if I get a decent offer. I’ve been earning a lot more than I did before as a result. When looking only at the part of my portfolio that is not listed on BrandBucket, I have on average been earning the same monthly, in the last few months, that I earned from this part of my portfolio in the whole of 2015! After seeing those kinds of results, I am no longer concerned with (possibly) underselling individual names, since the grand total of sales is significantly higher than before. I think making a sale (and potentially leaving some money on the table) is much better than not making a sale (and many smaller sales quickly add up to thousands).

This is by far the best advise anyone could have for domain pricing. I have tested this and I am must say I have sold more domains this year than previous years.

•••
This is by far the best advise anyone could have for domain pricing. I have tested this and I am must say I have sold more domains this year than previous years.

It really depends if you're in it for the the long haul or short flip. Personally I'm pretty much a long hauler in most cases. I'll drop it before I'd give it away. :)

•••
747787 dot com sold it $108 on NP Auction

Bought it for $30

•••
Domain name: 22xLLLL.net, Western premiums and pronounceables (non Chinese premiums).
Sale Venue: GoDaddy Auctions.
Listing type: BIN
Asking price: $100
Sale price: $100
Purchase price: 10x$8.19 each and 12x$1.1 each= total $95.1.
Details: 10 domains purchased few months ago and rest handreg last year. $1,665 profit.

•••
Update: We've updated the template in the first post of this thread to add "Seller" to it.

At the bare minimum, please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Example values of the Seller attribute:
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
Check out the the first post to see full examples using the new template.

Thanks, and happy selling!

•••
Domain name: G /// E /// N /// I /// I ///. x /// y /// z
Sale Venue: DNS
Listing type: Offer/ Counter
Sale price:$ 7/0/0
Details:No further details

•••
Ideal heat solutions.com $225 sold at undeveloped

•••
Name: Malibu Rehab Centers (.) com
Purchase Price: $18.47 (expired)
Price:$380
Seller: Me
Venue: None-Outbound

I was beginning to despair that my "newbie" May mojo had disappeared :!:

•••

Amilar .com

Sale Venue: Dynadot Marketplace
Asking price: $400
Sale price: $400
Purchase details: Dynadot drop catch, ten days ago for low $XX

•••
Amilar .com

Sale Venue: Dynadot Marketplace
Asking price: $400
Sale price: $400
Purchase details: Dynadot drop catch, ten days ago for low $XX
Is it true that winning from Dynadot cant be cashed,just can be used for buying/bidding??

•••
Is it true that winning from Dynadot cant be cashed,just can be used for buying/bidding??
...& Renewals
Yep! For now atleast.

•••
•••
Domain name: B a i c a l i n . c o m
Sale Method: Bodis landing page
Sale price: $750
Purchase price: $13
Details: Purchased last year at GD Closeouts

Domain name: D e s s e r t S t a n d . c o m
Sale Method: Bodis landing page
Sale price: $300
Purchase price: $20
Details: Purchased last year at GD Closeouts.

Feel pretty lucky to sell both these since they were listed on a Namepros fixed price listing for under $29 at the time the offers came in. No bites here at Namepros. Honestly don't think I would have renewed either one of them when they came up for renewal soon.

•••
Domain name: CYZ (dot) us
Sale venue: ebay
Listing type: fixed price with Best-Offer option.
Listing upgrades: NA
Asking price: $175
Sale price: $50
Purchase price: $5
Details: Took a couple weeks to sell.

•••
Domain name: HHNR (dot) .org
Listing type: fixed price.
Asking price: $120
Sale price: $120
Purchase price: $50
Details: Means Married Men in Chinese According to Google Translate.

Correction it said: dot com this is .org.

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: V7VV (dot) com
Listing type: fixed price with best-offer option.
Asking price: $60
Sale price: $40
Purchase price: $2.25
Details: Sold Quickly!

•••
Domain name: VOICERR.com
Sale venue: GD
Listing type: 7 Day Auctiom with offer/Counter Offer
Asking price: $70(Min Offer $20)
Sale price: $50(first offer $20)
Purchase price: $7.5(Hand reg)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back