NameSilo

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
awesome sale Abdul. I've found five figure sales harder to come by in 2014. How long did you hold this domain before selling it?

•••
My first sale through GD Listings; PlaySubwaySurfers.org for $111.

I received this offer last week and I decided to accept initial offer without countering because I dont think its worth more depending on various reasons (long 3 keyword dot org domain name a possible tm).

I was looking to develop this one into a website where people could play Subway Surfers online, on the computer to be precise, however couldnt go ahead after installing the wordpress theme due to time constraints and other projects.

Announcing another few sales in next few hours/days!

•••
awesome sale Abdul. I've found five figure sales harder to come by in 2014. How long did you hold this domain before selling it?

Around 3 years I think so...

•••
•••
•••
Tablet Cash Register .com $1200

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I'm happy to report that exerciseshoes.com has sold for $2,000 via BIN. After flippa $200 fees and paypal's $70 fees, my net is around $1,700+.

Just wanted to share that I didn't manage to sell it at the price 'by luck' or simply by 'listing it'. No, I hustled hard for it. I'll share my experience if you're willing to listen.

(I realize it just $2,000, compared to some of the pros here, this is probably pittance but I know to all your guys who are just starting out or trying to figure this domanining business, it could be helpful. Btw, I'm not an 'expert' by any stretch of the imagination!)

Mods - don't flame me, not sure if the following info below is the right section.

1) I put in effort into the listing description. I listed the reasons why this domain is valuable and why my target audience would want it. You might think this is common sense but you're wrong! Don't believe me? Go snoop around flippa's domain section - you won't believe the number of good domain listing with 1 liner descriptions or a simple paragraph. Just because you've a damn good domain, it won't sell by itself! You still need to educate and explain why people need them!

2) I actively looked for people that might be interested in my domain name. I noticed that many related 'shoe' domains are corporations. This is good news because this meant I could sell both to domainers by positioning the domain as such (high resale value if they can get it) and also contact the end-users/corporations themselves! There's no short-cut to this part, I simply searched for closely related companies/owners that held similar domains and personally emailed them one by one. And I meant I literally personalized it. For example if they own exerciseshoe.com I would add a line saying 'I know you like exerciseshoes.com because you own the singular version!' and bits and pieces like that.

Hard grunt work, sure. But because of this emails out, I saw a lot of NEW signups to flippa just to bid on the domain (Flippa should thank me for promoting them eh). Of course, the auction being live helps immensely because it creates a scarcity factor.

Full disclosure: I'm still trying to ascertain from the buyer whether he was one of those people I contacted - he might be, he might not be. That notwithstanding, doing all that personal grunt contacting brought in more bids, more views, more eyeballs and created a higher perceived value.

3) I did a no reserve auction. This is extremely crucial because you can market the domain as a bargain - because it really could end up selling at an extremely low price for me and an extremely attractive price for the buyer. Thus, when my auction first went live and had a few bids, my email subject line to end users was simply 'Exerciseshoes.com - $50 only!' Which was the truth because, as I went on to explain in the email, there was no reserve so if that's the price it ended up with, that's the price I'll sell.

4) I actively monitored the listing. Having placed a domain for sale anywhere doesn't mean its a 'set and forget'. I was quick to replied my PMs and also quick to comment in the 'comments section' to update all watchers and bidders.

5) I was extremely patient. I've had offers to purchase this domain for low $xxx in the past. But I resisted and eventually built a mini site around it. Nothing fancy - just some unique content hosted on the free blogger platform. This definitely helped in eventually selling it because there is traffic, there is a real site and there's that history of content being placed there. I've also actually made money from Adsense/Amazon affiliate sales there as well.

6) Finally, do not give up and let people's opinion put you down! That said, of course, you've to be realistic (this is not a contradiction, I'll explain below) but if you're really really sure in the value of your domain, do not let people to say 'your domain's worthless' put you down. Of course, I always believe in having facts and figures back you up. Its great to believe in the 'potential' of your domain but just about every damn thing has potential for every damn thing! So you've got to have a reason and a logic behind your confidence. For example for mine, it simply was: (1) Many corporations own related domains (2) Similar and recent domain names have transacted for high prices (3) It is an aged domain and receives traffic (4) I've received unsolicited offers before.

If you find yourself having trouble constructing some logic in your belief in the (high) worth of your domain, perhaps that IS a sign you need to be realistic.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Always great to see people sharing their strategy and story! Congrats on the sale.

•••
Sold PrivateDetective.org - $805

•••
Around 3 years I think so...
Can't believe someone was willing to pay so much for such an average name.. Or am I missing something?

You are a genius!!

•••
Can't believe someone was willing to pay so much for such an average name.. Or am I missing something?

You aren't missing anything, it will more than likely just be an acronym for their business like the below..If a company owns their cctld and want the .com, they will be willing to pay big $$$, depending on their budget of course

BMGL.com.au
BMGL.co.nz

•••
•••
If an end user wants the name, even seemingly worthless names can sell for gold.
So, start the negotiations with a NO if you want the top dollar!

I love these words.... B-)

•••
So, start the negotiations with a NO if you want the top dollar!

Thats a good way to scare off a potential buyer, if I went looking for a name and they said "NO"...I would certainly look at alternatives

•••
•••
Thats a good way to scare off a potential buyer, if I went looking for a name and they said "NO"...I would certainly look at alternatives

alternative is better but not always the best isn't it ? it's about branding and most of endusers won't change their brand because of pricing. They will buy it, someday. B-)
Look how many domain names big companies acquired. I'll keep them 20-30% price range.

•••

The "No" strategy works best on A grade names, names you can stick to for 4-5 years.

Of course, It shouldn't always be a plain "No" as in an offhand dismissal but it should be more like:

"I am not interested in selling it at this point since I have some development plans for this name but I can consider selling it if there is a substantial offer which offsets the costs of my development plans for the name.."

I do understand if you keep saying No always, you wouldn't be able to sell anything.

•••
The "No" strategy works best on A grade names, names you can stick to for 4-5 years

and most of us don't own those names unfortunately :(

•••
and most of us don't own those names unfortunately :(

See your signature: IVG.com, CloudSolution.com, DroneInc.com
If you don't like the No strategy, I had like to buy these 3 for $1000.
Thank you, just push them to my account. :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back