Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screenshot_2023-06-07-16-28-40-781_com.tencent.androidqqmail.jpg

Selling price: 120 $BIN
holding time: 8 months (obtained at an expired auction last October),
cost: 9.5 $,
selling location: Afternic

•••
Received the Sale of Vindictive.net

Selling Price : $699
Venue : Afternic

Buying Price : $26.17
Venue : Godaddy Auctions

Total Investment: $26.17
Holding Time : 5 Months

•••
Three Afternic sales from the last few weeks. No outbound as usual.

Domain: Elevated // Design .[com]
Sale price: $4,988 (BIN)
Purchase price: $630, GoDaddy Auctions
Hold time: 3-4 weeks

Domain: Gemini // Group .[org]
Sale price: $800, BIN was $988
Purchase price: $5, Closeout
Hold time: 1.5 years

Domain: Space // Vision .[xyz]
Sale price: $988 (BIN)
Purchase price: $2, drop reg.
Hold time: 3.5 months

As I only have around 540 domains, I believe my portfolio is overperforming at the moment. That's a great "problem" to have, but I'm struggling to win any auctions at the moment. Prices are insane. So I will need to change strategy a bit if I'm going to keep expanding my portfolio both in quantity and quality.

•••
Had a 2 small sales

Weissperformancehorses.com - $650
FanbaseAI.com - $1,000 (I undersold this).

•••
🇺🇦

Sold in May:

U n i o n - S t u d i o . c o m

$1,500 Afternic BIN, Hand reg with Dynadot, Hold time 19 days;
three weeks after sale I pushed domain to Afternic's Dynadot account and got paid, no waiting 60 days period here.

Sold today:

S m a r t - M a n a g e . c o m

$1,500 Afternic BIN, Hand reg with Epik, Hold time 2 years;
renewed/recovered name for $90 because it'd expired

1686288335910.png

•••
Brandable short .com: ULTRALY (dawt) com

Selling Price : 33 x $101.79
Venue : DAN

Buying Venue: Hand reg
Total Investment: $90
Holding Time : 11 Years

Attachments

• ultraly.png
    ultraly.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
•••
🎉StakeBuzz.com
🎉Sale venue: Afternic
🎉Listing type: Buy it Now
🎉Listed price: $2,799.
🎉Sale price: $2,799.
🎉Purchase price: Hand Reg.
🎉Hold Time: 2.5 years
1686352164135.png

•••
QRcodes dot ai
sold for $900 BIN on dan
hand reg 4/2022

Attachments

• F5D1E7AE-D6E0-4C32-88F9-F5868B23F8EB.jpeg
    F5D1E7AE-D6E0-4C32-88F9-F5868B23F8EB.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 78
•••
HandReg a Week Back for 10$. Sold on DAN (AN) for BIN.

1686402775482.png

Last edited:
•••
Domain: FAASSolutions *com
Sales Price: $499
Venue: Afternic FT
HT: 3 months

Purchased from one of @twiki domain clearance sales. He did not have that many, but when he did, I would try to grab a few from his list, as value and respect his domaining skill set. I try to learn as much as I can from him. I dropped the price on this one and it sold a few hours later, I have reinvested this money into scaling my portfolio and having been away from 3-4 months and not focusing on domains. I am back in full grind mode and have begunn to clean up/liquidate names to focus on building a more sustainable domaining approach.

No further details.

•••
Received the Sale of Go-Costarica.com

Selling Price : $395
Venue : DAN

Buying Price : $5
Venue : Flippa

Total Investment: $36 Approx
Holding Time : 43 Months

•••
I have sold
i+immortal.com
For $1,500
Original bin was $8,888

•••
•••
SOLD

Domain: Dream/Avatar/.com
Price: $2,998

Date: 06/12/23
Source: Twitter
Venue: Afternic

(not my sale)

•••
SOLD

Domain: AR/Bet/.com
Price: $49,995

Date: 06/13/23
Source: DomainGang.com
Venue: Sedo

(not my sale)

nice AR sale! Must be the Apple Affect!

Last edited:
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 9 months. Drop reg.

This domain has a higher retail value... but it's a longer story. In short, ecom domains like this are definitely sellable for starter 4-fig in general but not the hottest thing since sliced bread though. Sales ratio is kinda weak if you ask me. So I'm happy with the sale at this price level.

On a side note, I'm changing my investment strategy lately so I guess more of these 3-fig sales will show up and I'll report some of them here. I also want to cut my portfolio in half, that's one of the reasons (barely just went under 5k names in case you'd ask, I know some folks here would ask that ).

Note: I also saw some of my clearances flipped on NP selling lately for by others $499 or similar pricing, congrats to the sellers and good luck for more. P.S. I don't post clearance anymore on NP in case you'd want to ask, sorry about it (in hindsight it wasn't worth the time involved).

Edit: Drop regs are going about dead lately... can't find anything really worth regging anymore...

Last edited:
•••
Haven't been here in a while, mainly because sales have been non-existent and I haven't been buying, either.

H/i/g/h/e/x/o/t/i/c/s dot com

Bought for 30 or 40 dollars as GD closeout. Held about 1 year.

Interesting that I still hold less than 200 names, but I have had a mid-June sale about this same time for three years running.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615-093658_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615-093658_Chrome.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 438
•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 3 years. Drop reg.

I knowingly sold this domain for less than its retail value because 1) I'm trying to cut the fat, 2) I got tired of renewing it and 3) I'm not really fond of the niche. Have to draw the line somewhere. Although could be safely kept and sold for 4-fig ... if kept for longer.

Otherwise a perfectly valid domain and buyer got it for cheap. But at this time I'll take the money so no hard feelings.

Sold via Fast transfer but something didn't work so I got this after that and provided the code manually from Sav.

Again there might be more of these coming soon while I discard a good part of my portfolio, hopefully for some cash.

•••
1686890662171.png

Afternic BIN
Handreg held for 2 months
Accidentaly priced at this low amount with a group of others I wanted to clear, but given it was handreg it's still a profit

•••
Fullhouse .me

Price: $488
Date: 06/16/23
Cost: $8
Hold time: 4 months

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 84
•••
Dynadot landing page sale.
Bought from NameLiquidate for $23
Holding time: 10 months.
Some negotiations with a buyer were involved during the process.
Attaching 2 screens - ''sold'' and ''paid'', below expain why.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Few words using the opportunity. Generally, I like Dynadot landing pages - nice, clean, easy to setup and AI description can be involved.

However, two quite big disadvantages are discovered with this sale:

1. Very long payout. Sale was made on May 30, and today only (June 16th) money was transferred to a PayPal account. First it took them 10 days for funds to even pop up on my Dynadot account. Then, after 2 verifications (account unlock and e-mail confirmation), it was ''Approval pending'' message for another 7-8 days (what they had to ''approve'' during this time is still a mystery to me).
Just to compare, my latest payouts experience from other platforms:
Sedo - 3 days
BrandBucket - 1 week
Afternic - 3 to 10 days.
(all directly onto European bank account)

2. Another downside: for non-US citizens money can be only transferred to a PayPal account or AliPay. Seriously? In 2023 - PayPal is the only way of payment in Europe? Funny though, when I talked to support, they claimed that the long payout is due to ''security'' reasons. So, 2,5 weeks of holding money for ''security'' just to transfer them to a PayPal account? (security and PP are just words that can't coexist together, imo. And yes, PayPal is already glitching when I try to transfer funds to the bank account - a regular thing there). Also, almost forgot to mention - of course there is +5% on top for PayPal for their ''exceptional'' service.

Bottom line: mixed feelings. The landing page and processes related are good, but from ''Sold'' onwards things were quite dissapointing. Hope @Dynadot pays attention and improves.

Happy hunting to All!

•••
Beyond/Mindset/.com

Paid for it $5 + 1 renewal.
Sold it for $2,995, Afternic BIN
Holding time - 6 months

Portfolio size - 336 domains.

•••
Untitled.png

One of my fastest sales. Afternic BIN, hold time 7 weeks.

Since it sold that fast, it's definitely underpriced.... in hindsight...duh! Anyway - need money in the bank today as well (this month has been meh so far), so it's still alright. There are many more of these in the stash.

BTW - this is an actual hand reg, not a drop.

Was still available 7 weeks ago... so I said, well well, good name here, worth picking up.

Edit: Note, I know that If I had it in the 3k zone or more instead, it wouldn't have sold that fast. I just recalled I set some prices lower like this to see how hot is the AI zone. It is really hot indeed.

Last edited:
•••
Domain: R E A L M O N D dot com
Price: $2,650.00

•••
Received the Sale of GrabJob.co

Selling Price : $299
Venue : Afternic

Buying Price : $0.99
Venue : Godaddy .co Promotion

Total Investment: $49 Approx
Holding Time : 36 Months

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back