NameSilo

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A 3rd sale of my .WTF names: FUND.WTF

Selling Price : $999
Venue : SEDO
Buying Price : $2.67
Venue : Sav
Total Investment: $2.67
Holding Time : 2 Months

I very probably undersold this one. Should renew and keep it for at least a few years before selling?

One thing is for sure. There ARE definitely unregistered gems hidden in the names space that are yet to be discovered.

Attachments

• fund.png
    fund.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 106
•••
Domain: Team/Evaluate/COM
Selling Price: $2400
Venue: DAN
Cost: Under $XXX

Held for 5 months. Price tag was about 9K. I received a $400 offer via DAN and negotiated with buyer for about 30 hours. My initial response when I got the $400 offer was: "Thanks for your offer. We are unable to accept it, but feel free to submit your best possible offer for consideration and we will respond immediately. Thanks" The buyer made a few more offers and my responses were cordial, but stating that we were still too far away. I decided to accept the last offer based on my interest to increase liquidity last month. I am happy with the sale and the buyer is excited to use it for his project.

Last edited:
•••
4 months old handreg
BIN from Afternic reseller network
IMG_9398.jpeg

•••
So I've had a second sale this month which I am so grateful for:

1687303355797.png

This domain went into Pending Sale status for about 2 days on Afternic, which was unusual for me, since I had never seen this before.

Anyway, this is another GD Closeout domain I purchased for $30 or $40 on Expired Domains plus the transfer fee a little over one year ago.

Anyway, just goes to show that if you keep at it and try to find decent, appealing, names and price them well, anything is possible!

Last edited:
•••
RFNBO.de sold on DAN for $500. Handreg in first year. Inbound .

Attachments

• rfnbo.jpg
    rfnbo.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 109
•••
Domain name: sybil. app
Sale venue: DAN
Listing type: BIN + ~24 months LTO
Purchase type: BIN
Sale price: $1099
Hold time: ~10 months
Purchase price: $0 (Porkbun promo)
1687346262659.png

•••
•••
1687355225763.png

Payment completed
No further info

•••
Received the Sale of PaymentsWallet.com

Selling Price
: $2000
Buying Price : $25 Approx
Total Investment : $25 Approx
Holding Time : 8 Months

•••
Screenshot_20230619-150531.png

Sold Thailand Win in .com , for $2111, hold time 1 year ( 360 days).
Hand reg.

•••
MultiplayerBlackjack.com

Sale venue: Dan.com
Listing type: BIN with make offer
Listing upgrades: N/A
Seller: Me (Reddstagg)
Asking price: $888 (MO of $777)
Sale price: $777
Purchase venue: NamePros
Purchase price: $20
Details: Inbound offer of $777 which I accepted as a good ROI on initial $20 investment. My highest ever sale and have now broken four figures this year. Setting personal records and smashing goals LOL!!!

•••
clmm .xyz

Sale venue: Afternic.com
Sale price: $488
Purchase venue: SAV backorders
Purchase price: $9.88
Hold time: 4 months

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 102
•••
Bastion.xyz sold for $13000 @DAN.COM
Multiply.xyz sold for $10800 @Efty via @Escrow.com
Modulus.xyz sold for $6000 @DAN.COM
StartHere.xyz sold for $4995 @Afternic
Poser.xyz sold for $4000 @Afternic
Kaizen.pro sold for $9888 @Afternic

No further details please. Thanks
StartHere.png
Poser.png
Multiply.png
Modulus.png
kaizen.png
Bastion.png

•••
PSYOPDEX/./COM
Afternic BIN
Hold time: 1-month

sold_1.png

•••
Untitled.png

Afternic BIN, hold time 1.5 years. Drop reg.

Note, I always knew this one will sell someday and not far in the future, which it did. Was prepared to renew until sold.

•••
One more in the can,

Untitled.png

Sedo BIN, hold time 9 months. Drop reg. Discounted sale.

This falls into the category "good name... but I'm downsizing here, ya know?".

I've dropped the price below $1k to make sure it absolutely gets sold before renewal, and it did (and for some reason I was sure it will).

Didn't intend to renew it multiple years, although a valid name otherwise. I still have too many for my taste and new approach (4.5k names, currently). Aiming for "few, but great to exceptional" ones.

Last edited:
•••
ev_sold.jpg

Sold: 4/16, wanted to wait a bit before posting
Hold time: 21 months.
Cost: dropcatch lone backorder $59, + one renew
Afternic negotiation.

Obvious electric vehicle use that I had a 5k - 6k price in mind initially. Had a 6k bin on it for a little while and used afternic for offers. Got an offer of 1k two months after getting it and responded 5k but got no counter. I set a 2k minimum offer after that. Got my 2k offer late March and again responded with 5k. Buyer increased the offer to 3250 and then went silent. I accepted right before the offer was set to expire - bird in the hand started to look good.

Well three days after accepting I get a 2k offer on dan - maybe it was same buyer or not but I just responded that the domain had already sold and if current buyer does not make payment the domain will be available for 5k. The next day the payment was made on afternic. Overall I think buyer was clearly not prepared to pay more and it was a good tactic on their part to be prepared to let the offer expire.

No further info.

•••
I started experimenting with the new Sedo BIN or Best Offer landers this year. BIN was set at $6888 with minimum Make Offer set at 68% of BIN which was $4684. Buyer came in at $1 above the minimum which I accepted. Sedo Best Offer landers don't allow for counteroffers. This sale marks my first ever Sedo sale. My sales mostly come from Afternic and Dan.

Name: M//a//a//p.//org
Landing Page: Sedo ($6888 BIN or Best Offer)
Sale Venue: Sedo
Sale Type: Inbound
Sale Price: $4685 (Best Offer)
Commision: 10%
Cost: Godaddy Auction $170 (2019) plus 5 renewals (2020 till 2024) ~$50-$55. Total cost - ~$220-$225
Hold Time: 4 years and 4 months
Portfolio Size: Slightly above 230
No further details.

mp.png

•••
Good morning from Europe, with a sale:

Untitled.png

Sedo BIN, hold time 3.5 months.

This domain is part of a bunch of short handregs I made at the date, and one of the first to pay for the pack (already in profit). Lately my hand at handregs is getting better than sifting at drop. Good name but not perfect, (have you spotted the problem....?)

Anyway, sales of -eum made-up domains are kinda meh and I knew it when regging but there are still buyers interested in such names. (Edit: especially that short, duh)

Note, I know this can be sold 4-fig if kept longer but I wasn't interested to hold it that long. Clearing the whole reg pack before expiry, 999 is a great price = fast sale.

P.S. I might be telling you guys too much here. Giving you ideas .... hmmm. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
hold time 6 months.
Bin $100.

physgpt.JPG

I also sold c/h/a/t/t/i/n/g/G/P/T .com 2 weeks ago; cannot disclose price.

•••
Hi all,

Final installment received last week so now reporting this sale.

Purchased in August, submitted to SH in October and sold in January via installment plan. The buyer initially reached out to me directly with a $300 offer and I forwarded the lead onto SH to close the deal. The name had a bin asking price of around $3,400 and I advised the biggest discount I'd offer was 50% but if they could try to get a higher amount and push for the installment plan. A couple days later the buyer bought the name via 6 installments for $1,700. As this was my first sale with SH I had some confusion over the commission that would apply since I had imported the lead but they had bought via payment plan. SH agreed to a reduced commission as a one off and I was very pleased with all aspects of how the sale was handled by SH.

Domain is with the buyer and its good to see them actively using it. They probably would have paid a higher amount but I probably would have accepted less in a one on one negotiation. Purchase price was low XX.

No further details.

1688394326822.png

Last edited:
•••
Domain: wi/n [.buzz]
Sale price : $5000
Sale venue: Afternic
Cost: $200, hand reg
Hold time: 22 months
111.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
SOLD last week.

Listed as BIN, Purchased for $8.95 on GoDaddy. Held two years, as I recall. 15% commission-Net was $5004.80.

Congratulations! Your domain, esgfactsheet.com, has sold for$5,888.00 and we are ready for you to transfer the domain.

To get started, please log into your registrar account to access esgfactsheet.com and complete the following steps:
  • Remove all registrar locks from the domain
  • Retrieve the authorization code exactly as provided to you

Next, please log into your Afternic account and complete the following steps:
  • Click on esgfactsheet.com under the My Domain Sales section of your dashboard.
  • Paste the authorization code exactly as provided to you into the "Auth Code" field
  • Click the green "submit" button.

What’s next?

We will send you an email to confirm once esgfactsheet.com has been successfully transferred to the buyer and provide any additional steps that you may need to take.

Thank you,
Afternic Transaction Assurance Team​

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back