Dynadot

.info Relative value of .info?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have found a domain which is a fairly well searched word, what it is isn't really important right now as it will give my whole niche away but it is on a par with some of the best of them...

My question is, what is the usual value of .info as opposed to .com or .net?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sparhawke, there is no way that a 'quantitive value' between the gTLD's can be given, the values vary so much. The best answer you can hope for is a bland ball-park figure of 'if .com = 100% then the .net generally is between 5 - 30% and the .info is generally between 1 - 20%', but even such broad figures would come with major caviats.

Sorry cannot be more helpful but establishing relative values is really one of the hardest questions to answer in domaining.

•••
Relatively speaking, sans development ... $0.00 - Reg. fee for the ".INFO", IMHO. :guilty:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••
As TheBaldOne said, it really is impossible to say but from what I have observed I believe about 1% - 5% of the dotcom, with occasional sales approaching 10%. IMHO.

Again, take it with a pinch of salt as my figures are not based on any in-depth study, just personal observation.

•••
I won't touch a .INFO without there being some extra value. I mean, a lot of TLDs have to be taken and poorly developed before the odds of developing a good .INFO keyword CPC site are worth the bother. And then you have to confront the question: why was no one able to accomplish anything with the .COM, .NET and the .ORG?

If I have a domain name I really, really want, and the .COM, .ORG and .NET are all poorly SEOed, I'll go for it.

But, as a general proposition, a standalone .INFO without Alexa, traffic, PageRank or inbound links isn't worth the effort to register it.

•••
If your keyword is really on par with some of the best of them, you'll get interest. I'd suggest you go to DNJournal/com and look at some prices of info domains. Plus keep an eye on all of the normal main auctions. You should get an idea what an info like yours might be worth.

•••
Sorry guys, godaddy bulk register and estibot both said it is available but apparently that is only because it is coming up to its time of deletion, it is certainly something I will be keeping an eye on anyways :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer anyway :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back