Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Regfly (again)

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
16,252
This support ticket should explain:

Where to start....
I renewed this name well within the grace period.
It remains in expired list.
You have Hi-Jacked MY property (again) and redirected MY property to a PORN site (by default?), thus devaluing MY property.
Your ethics are questionable to say the least, and completly unprofessional.
Just because ICANN allows (for the time being) this travesty, you are basiclly profiting from a loophole and stealing MY traffic.
Define "Grace Period".
You walk a thin line here, and this is one reason why when it hits the fan, Regfly will be covered with it.
Are my Hi-Jacked clicks worth that much?

Cherry-Picking our names.... lol. Good business policy for a hit and run company, not for a company here for the long haul.

I want my name returned and accessable NOW!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Waiting for your reply, RegFly.
 
0
•••
While on this topic, if I may hijack the thread a bit, can somebody tell me how to turn off renewal reminders on RegFly? The worst thing is, I had transferred this domain away to eNom about 3 weeks ago, but RF still continues emailing me almost every other day to remind me of an unexpired domain (which really is no longer on my RF account). Thanks for the tip.
 
0
•••
regfly said:
if anyone else has any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me

I have also taken up on your kind offer.Pm'd you earlier.
 
0
•••
drmaximus said:
While on this topic, if I may hijack the thread a bit, can somebody tell me how to turn off renewal reminders on RegFly? The worst thing is, I had transferred this domain away to eNom about 3 weeks ago, but RF still continues emailing me almost every other day to remind me of an unexpired domain (which really is no longer on my RF account). Thanks for the tip.
Login to your accont.
Click on "My Settings".
Under "Your Account Information" click on "view" next to "Modify default settings for your account includes default Name Servers, URL Forwarding".
Disable the notifications under "Default Renewal Notification Options".
 
0
•••
ekal said:
OK - having spoken badly about RegFly, I must say that I had nothing but a quick and friendly conversation with Paul. A PM to him and my problems were solved in minutes.

He also promised that RegFly were working on installing a new system and getting better fast.

Thanks!


I wish I could believe that. How many times have we heard that? How many times have people here still been screwed?

The only decent support staff member is a domaining forum, and has to be contacted OUTSIDE if their support system for anything to actually happen.

I still remember when the "support manager" (Darren) told me that new.net domains were IANA approved TLD's, I asked him twice!

If you value your money, sanity etc just stay clear and go to NameCheap.
 
0
•••
sdtrader said:
I have also taken up on your kind offer.Pm'd you earlier.

Issue addressed and resolved by member RegFly.
 
0
•••
Zeeble said:
I wish I could believe that. How many times have we heard that? How many times have people here still been screwed?

The only decent support staff member is a domaining forum, and has to be contacted OUTSIDE if their support system for anything to actually happen.

I still remember when the "support manager" (Darren) told me that new.net domains were IANA approved TLD's, I asked him twice!

If you value your money, sanity etc just stay clear and go to NameCheap.
I remember your thread on that (new.net) Zeeble, and how you vowed to fix things... and you did effect change and saved many n00bs and diehards from making the same mistake.

drmaximus said:
While on this topic, if I may hijack the thread a bit, can somebody tell me how to turn off renewal reminders on RegFly? The worst thing is, I had transferred this domain away to eNom about 3 weeks ago, but RF still continues emailing me almost every other day to remind me of an unexpired domain (which really is no longer on my RF account). Thanks for the tip.
If you turn off the reminders, you wont get ANY.
I have several I transfered out and still get renewal reminders... maybe when the system is fully set-up these will be addressed automaticly..... Maybe.
I am not going to worry about this issue and PM member regfly atm, as I'm sure with his offer to assist with current problems he is a very busy man.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
I remember your thread on that (new.net) Zeeble, and how you vowed to fix things... and you did effect change and saved many n00bs and diehards from making the same mistake.

Yes, but it's just sad that RegFly had to be pushed in order to sort something like this out. It is also sad that it was only threats of reporting them to organisations such as ICANN etc which made them stop selling those rip-off domains.
 
0
•••
I think I've Been Screwed by Registerfly

Cherrypicking isn't the word for it. The word I have in mind begins w/ "F" and ends w/ a "d".

I finished building a site and just lined up a content provider for one of my plum .Info names- ComputerTerms.Info. I went to the registerfly site to change my DNS over and, thrice, I received the same error message- "Session Could Not Be Opened". Screw it, I thought. I'll transfer it over to eNom and manage it from there if this registrar's system isn't going to cooperate. I went to unlock the name. I got an error message. Hmm... everything looks OK to me- the name is renewed through next April. Wazzup?

Well, I ran a whois search and this is what it showed:
Whois Output Obtained From: whois.afilias.info
Domain ID:D13303193-LRMS
Domain Name:COMPUTERTERMS.INFO
Created On:05-May-2006 17:28:36 UTC
Expiration Date:05-May-2007 17:28:36 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Direct Information Pvt. Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com (R159-LRMS)
Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:DI_2481329
Registrant Name:Whois Defender, Inc.
Registrant Organization:Whois Defender, Inc.
Registrant Street1:85 South Street
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Dorking
Registrant State/Province:Surrey
Registrant Postal Code:RH4 2LA
Registrant Country:GB
Registrant Phone:+44.1306876619
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:[email protected]
Admin ID:DI_2481329
Admin Name:Whois Defender, Inc.
Admin Organization:Whois Defender, Inc.
Admin Street1:85 South Street
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Dorking
Admin State/Province:Surrey
Admin Postal Code:RH4 2LA
Admin Country:GB
Admin Phone:+44.1306876619
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:[email protected]
Billing ID:DI_2481329
Billing Name:Whois Defender, Inc.
Billing Organization:Whois Defender, Inc.
Billing Street1:85 South Street
Billing Street2:
Billing Street3:
Billing City:Dorking
Billing State/Province:Surrey
Billing Postal Code:RH4 2LA
Billing Country:GB
Billing Phone:+44.1306876619
Billing Phone Ext.:
Billing FAX:
Billing FAX Ext.:
Billing Email:[email protected]
Tech ID:DI_2481329
Tech Name:Whois Defender, Inc.
Tech Organization:Whois Defender, Inc.
Tech Street1:85 South Street
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Dorking
Tech State/Province:Surrey
Tech Postal Code:RH4 2LA
Tech Country:GB
Tech Phone:+44.1306876619
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:[email protected]
Name Server:NS1.ULTIMATELINKS.INFO
Name Server:NS2.ULTIMATELINKS.INFO

This is not me!!

WTF happenned??
The problem began when I let it pass expiration. When I went to renew it, it showed that it had been renewed thru Jan 29 2007, it showed my contact info and it showed Registerfly's DNS. My thinking was that it had been auto-renewed w/ proceeds in my account and I let it ride.

2 mos later, I went to my acct to manage the name and it wasn't there! I checked the whois and it, still, showed my whois, a Jan 29, 2007 expiration but, now was in a "Pending Delete Restorable" status. Frankly, I couldn't figure out what was up, so I decided to play it safe and renew the name for another year, just in case. Here is the Registerfly Support Ticket:

Your Prior Responses
[2006-04-09] I wish to renew computerterms.info
The whois shows that it is on your DNS, (DNS1/DNS2.Name-Services.com and that it expires Jan 29,2007. (ie my expiry date was Jan 29, 2006). It is showing Pending Delete Restorable. I have made a time stamped screen shot of the whois, should you require it. Thankyou.
Responses from Customer Support
[2006-04-10] Dear michael,
For some reason i did not see the domain in your account. I did see from the whois info that is updated for 2007 and that you are the rightful owner. I pushed the domain back into your account and now you should be able to manage this domain. Sorry for the inconvience and thank you for your patience.
Best Regards,
Renewal Support

Pat Hauser
RegisterFly.com Renewal Specialist
[2006-05-20] Closed by automated systemby

Based on the response to the inquiry, any prudent individual would conclude that the matter had been cleared up. Well, it wasn't cleared up and because of the confusion and smoke screens created by this registrar, I may have lost rights to a very useful domain that I had planned to put on the net this week.
About 15 minutes ago, I took time stamped screen shots of my Registerfly account which shows the name in it, and expiration date of April 10, 2007, as well as, a copy of the support ticket to support all of the claims that I've made in this post.

The whois in my registerfly account for this name had shown up blank/ I corrected it about 1/2 hr ago. To add insult to injury, I just just received this email that is time stamped May 30, 2006 9:09:59 PM PDT- 3 hours before I had made the change. What is going on w/ this registrar?!!

This e-mail is a confirmation that your contact information was modified on computerterms.info. You can review the changes by accessing your account.

If you have further questions about this change please contact us using the support system at http://registerfly.com/support/index.php

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service you.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service you.
<- Yeah, you serviced me, alright. You serviced me so well that it's too painful to sit down, ATM.

Arghh!! http://www.computerterms.info/ <- not me!!!

I *really* would like to know the particulars about how this name changed hands. Yes, indeed, I, certainly, would.

 
Last edited:
0
•••
regfly said:
if anyone else has any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me
Man 0 Man.... I suggest you take member regfly up on his offer... (I wouldnt like to be the first in line if I was him tho...lol)
Dont hurt 'em Mike, I'd hate to see you go BACK to prison, it just kills my weekends.
 
0
•••
Grrilla, it has a new create date of May 5, 2006, so It definitely went though the drop cycle. Sorry to see that.

The games all registrars are playing with expire dates and renewing before we do for auctions, RGP fees, and just plain games degrades the reliability of the whole whois system for knowing who owns what and when it expires. Add the unreliability of domain accounts for ACTUALLY keeping track of domains, and we have one big mess that ICANN doesn't seem to either realize or care about. Maybe we DNOA members need to band together and make this a major issue to petition ICANN about. I'll open a thread in DNOA about this.
 
0
•••
@#$&$%!!!

Even though I've paid for it's renewal, I have resigned myself to the fact that I AM going to lose my domain, SweetSlots.com because of Registerfly's shitty interface/customer support and NP user Regfly's inability or reluctance to help me. I'm sick of contacting (or attempting to contact) them.

A class-action lawsuit would be some good medicine to shove down these ***hole's throats. >:( >:( >:(
 
0
•••
i will never use RegisterFly.com after this thread. always problems associated with it and it doesnt seem to ever be fixed :td:
 
0
•••
I hate to say it, and I'm taking no sides here, but it looks to me like most of the problems here stem from people not renewing domains in time. Maybe not running so close to the edge would stop so many people falling?
 
0
•••
gingeman said:
I hate to say it, and I'm taking no sides here, but it looks to me like most of the problems here stem from people not renewing domains in time. Maybe not running so close to the edge would stop so many people falling?
Their interface should work. Their customer service needs work. Their employees don't want to work (most that I've dealt with). Running close to the edge is not the issue. Renewal at Registerfly has been a huge pain for lots of domainers, even when the domain being renewed is not expired.

One word sums up the Reg'fly website and company... buggy.
 
0
•••
Well, the mere fact they removed paypal as a payment option cost them me as a customer (with 30+ domains) and im sure countless other people have moved because of this. I wont be going back whatever changes happen, my customer support experience with them was atrocious.
 
0
•••
Flaresolutions said:
Well, the mere fact they removed paypal as a payment option cost them me as a customer (with 30+ domains) and im sure countless other people have moved because of this. I wont be going back whatever changes happen, my customer support experience with them was atrocious.


One thing i can understand is the removal of PayPal, many people see such fraud with it and i dare say RegisterFly have lost a bit of cash from it. Personaly i use paypal as my main payment method, but even when registrfly did accept it, payments never correctly went through to your account. I ended up with minuses at one point.

to be honnest, i dont know how registerfly can continue, they have had so many issues (which they will never admit to) and bugs.

If what RegFly says is true (about their new system) then i will be amased.

Word of advice to reg fly: dont have a "24/7 support" icon and directly below it a "Live support (Offline)" static image ;)
 
0
•••
That deterred me about regfly too(removing paypal) as there was always a problem with them accepting my cc. Although now it seems to work well and their promos are too good to just neglect.

Can't seem to understand why they had problems with paypal, wheras i use paypal with godaddy and even my host all the time and there never seems to be a problem.
 
0
•••
I'm transferring out all of the few domains i have left there because I can no longer rely on the whois info of any of my domains w/ them that are near, or that have recently passed, their origination dates, (ie expiration.) I have a few names that are in this boat and have no idea if they are mine or if Registerfly renewed them, themselves, for the purpose of selling/auctioning on the drop date or for the purpose of, whatever, game they are playing over there. Calling customer service won't help. It was the misinformation that I rec'd from their cust. service that caused the false sense of security that led to losing computerterms.info, which is referenced above. I'm going to go to my billing history to see if I can turn up something but, gawdungit!, I have 1,000 other priorities that I'd prefer to be concentrating on ATM.

And to think that they used to be on my top 4 list of registrars and that I was one of their staunchest supporters! :(
 
0
•••
I have a few domains there, initially used them for low prices, and support for PayPal. Although I PM'd Paul a few times, he told me last year that PayPal would be back in Feb of this year. Obviously it still isn't, and getting email notices from them about oustanding balances, when I'm ready to pay via PayPal, doesn't make any sense.

I was also tempted with their low SSL prices, but I may have to look elsewhere now, seeing that most of the benefits are gone, and support doesn't exist apart from Paul/regfly username here.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back