IT.COM

Receiving one-time use support PIN from GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GeorgeQuang

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,
I just have received one-time use support PIN email from GoDaddy. But i hadn't required it.
Trying to contact GD support team, but they were ..... They told me to send email to [email protected]
Anyone has an error like me? The email beside.

Thanks for your commitment to security. Your unique code will expire in just 10 minutes. Please provide the number to the agent you're speaking with.

GoDaddy will never contact you to provide this information. If you think you received this message in error or have been asked to provide this information unexpectedly please contact support immediately at +1 (480) 505-8877.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Experienced this before. 2-3 different cases. I was under impression that somebody wanted to access GD support using my name / account. GD explained that this happens frequently. Not necessary wrongdoing. A previous owner of some domain I acquired might call godaddy and say "my something dot com is not working" or similar, and this alone would trigger this extra verification step - security code sent to email / phone of the current domain owner (as per account details, not domain whois). They did not provide any details as to who contacted them, or about the domain in question or an exact issue somebody tried to resolve. GD, however, confirmed that without this code (if the caller cannot provide it) - he or she would not receive any support.

@GeorgeQuang - it appears that you may forget about the issue. Maybe change your GD password (would not harm anyway), and forget... Make sure that the phone / email you use with GD are actual and that the phone number can receive SMS in all times. And, since the message is asking you to contact the support if you received it unexpectedly - do this. Tell them that you are fine etc. I did not call back but emailed my account rep. in such cases

P.S. In one case, there was a follow up. GD system send me a survery asking to rank the service "I" received from the support agent, did I like how this John Doe was doing etc etc. :) No response, since I did not speak with John, somebody else did

Last edited:
•••
And, for the sake of completeness, an exact quote from the response I got from my GD rep. last time:

*quote begin*

This actually happens quite frequently. Someone called in thinking they owned a domain in your account. Since they couldn't validate, we sent a one time code to the phone number on file (we don't tell the caller what that phone number is)

The caller never got the code since it's your phone number. They couldn't validate and couldn't get into your account.

*quote end*

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @tonyk2000 , i buy domains on GoDady Expired Auctions daily, so i think that some of previous owners try to figure out their domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back