IT.COM

Bad GoDaddy Support Experience - Why no email tickets?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
@Joe Styler

I spent 20 minutes today truing to unlock two domains for transfer.
  • Domains are well past the 60 transfer lock.
  • The option to unlock the domains was not available.
  • I had to log out, then log-on using a different browser to use the support chat.
  • I had to explain to the support tech, the option to unlock the domain wasn't available twice.
  • After escalating the request and giving my pin, the domains were unlocked.
  • No error message or explanation in the control panel why the domains could not be unlocked
  • Even though I asked, no explanation was given why the domains couldn't be unlocked using the control panel
Why doesn't Godaddy use email support tickets like every other major company?

Moderator: This isn't a review. Thanks for nothing.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We used to do email we now favor a live support model with chat or phone so you can resolve your issues quicker.

•••
We used to do email we now favor a live support model with chat or phone so you can resolve your issues quicker.

Quicker for who? Instead of a 10 second email, I had to spend almost 30 minutes trying to explain to your support department why I couldn't just unlock my domains like a normal person.

This was non-critical issue that took too much friction and time to resolve. That is reason no. 1 why I won't let Godaddy manage my domains.

I think Godaddy builds friction into their system to make it more trouble than it's worth to move domains away.

Last edited:
•••
Imagine how many emails back and forth that would be with a 24 -48 hour turnaround time for each email response :)

•••
Imagine how many emails back and forth that would be with a 24 -48 hour turnaround time for each email response :)

10 email, at 10 seconds each is less than two minutes.

48 hour turn around to unlock a domain b/c your system has friction / frustration built in to keep customers.

Last edited:
•••

Take that 20 minutes and multiple it by the four support calls I've made this year for the same damm reason and your not saving me anything.

Also, it's not like you can't do both. No one is asking you to stop using chat or phones.

Last edited:
•••
Yea their supports really bad.
I had bad experience with them as well and i have decided to leave them.
Seems like they have live support that not showing up half of the time. Also when you contact the live support they tell you to call them and when you call them they aren't able to provide you with an answer so i really didn't like the services they offered.

•••
Even non-urgent problems take a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes to solve by chat or phone. Difficult problems are a series of phone calls that can take hours.

Their entire system is designed to create friction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back