IT.COM

question Received offer for 50k within a week of registration - stakesign (dot) com

NameSilo
Watch

thomaspall

Established Member
Impact
Please advice if I should ask for more. stakesign (dot) com. Name revolves around the concept of signing proof of stake(POS) cryptocurrency wallet.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This sounds like an appraisal scam, wait to see if they ask for an appraisal certificate from a company of their choosing.

•••
99.9% a likely scam. The people behind the appraisal scam harvest new domain registrations looking for victims.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for responding. Doesn't look like. Buyer ready to initiate transaction. I have asked for sometime.

•••
50k is not a low amount. You can ask for more, but not worth stagnating over for too long imo.

•••
Thanks for responding. Doesn't look like. Buyer ready to initiate transaction. I have asked for sometime.

Then sign it before they change their mind, of you will be stuck trying to sell it here for peanuts.

Last edited:
•••
stakesign Is not a particularly valuable domain, so it’s probably a scam.

•••
Wish you all the best
wait for your good news

•••
Since it's hard to determine its current value and predict future value if any, take it. Do not pay any fee to them and use escrow service of your own choice. Good luck!

•••
•••
I'm pretty sure they are going to ask you to get an appraisal. Don't do it if they ask.

•••
I do sincerely hope the offer is genuine, but...

fairies-sleep-here-sign-5_2.jpg

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Take the money and run.

•••
•••
Unless his opening offer allowed is 50K this is very likely fake. No one starts that high unless its some outstanding dictionary word. Hope to be wrong on it. Good luck and let us know what happened.

•••
It would be the talk of the town for a moment, if this domain sells for 50k...!!

•••
•••
50k what? Not $US surely? Just think, long and hard before replying: why would anybody offer you $50k for a domain that's worth, probably, between $1k and $2.5k? $5k at the very most. How much do you really think it's worth?

Was this offer passed on by Afternic (I see Porkbun is registrar and DNS pointed to Afternic in whois)? This was happening on GD quite a lot recently, I received a few myself, so was looking to see if this is GD too as I thought they'd taken measures against the perpetrators to prevent it happening.

Anyway, they'll try to dictate to you how to proceed, which includes passing everything over to their "legal representatives" to be checked properly. No money will ever come your way.

Do NOT sign anything. There is no money. Run.

•••
Ironically, a python package with the same name, has "put your money where your mouth is" in its description.

•••
@thomaspall do share what happened on this one? curious to see if anyone bought your pigeon shit name

•••
Back