IT.COM

advice Is it just a professional scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is it a scam?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes.

votes
    100.0%
  • No.

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

ApexTLD

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
I woke up to an email regarding a listed domain.
I responded to the first email stating my interest, in order to see what the nature of the follow-up would be.
I received a very professionally written e-mail, with no typos or excessive re-assuring that the client is wealthy. This has left me confused but betting that it is a scam. If you can please take a moment to read both emails in their entirety, I would really appreciate it!

ZfwxFP0.png

7nLqbT2.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry for the small text in picture 2. Open in new tab to expand if you cant read it.

•••
Scam. The second the word 'certification' is mentioned that means that it's the good old appraisal/certification scam. You pay for an "appraisal" at a "third party", then they take the money and you never hear from the "client". Be careful and stay away.

Last edited:
•••
Scam. The second the word 'certification' is mentioned that means that it's the good old appraisal/certification scam. You pay for an "appraisal" at a "third party", then they take the money and you never hear from them. Be careful and stay away.
Thanks a lot for your timely response! Of course, it is too good to be true :xf.rolleyes:

•••
No prob. These things are really easy to spot even from the first email. They always offer a crazy price for a domain that very likely isn't worth that right out of the gate. Straight to the spam folder.

•••
No prob. These things are really easy to spot even from the first email. They always offer a crazy price for a domain that very likely isn't worth that right out of the gate. Straight to the spam folder.
Got it. Yeah I have it listed for significantly lower, so that was a big red flag for me. Since I opened up my whois privacy, they are really starting to come in :xf.laugh:

•••
It's fake...I have seen the same first email from someone asking in one of the Facebook groups. But if you want to play around just put the domain on Dan's landing page as a make offer and send them the link and say that you are ready to pay the transfer fees. If this is a genuine company there shouldn't be any problem!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back