NameSilo

Newbies I know why your here and let me save you credibility and money.

Labeled as advice in Domain Beginners started by lock, Aug 16, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. lock

lock Startrz.com Starters Your Domains. VIP

Hi there Newbie,

I don't start too many threads but I am afraid some newbies feel that I and other experienced members have been lately shooting you down which is not the case we ask questions as it is a good trait to be sceptical here. There has been an influx of newbies joining asking for appraisals. These beginners may have experience buying selling but are new here at Namepros and may not already be under the domain radar.

New members have posted some of their offers which to the experienced seem too good to be true and we quite often just call you out on it we would like to know more to make a better speculation based on information.

Newbies hate to come across as newbies as everyone likes a bit of pride but some big note and generally we can tell experience on first few posts where your coming from. That aside these offers you have that you cannot close are the most common scam known as appraisal the scam. You are here looking for justification and seek the free appraisals here. You think if your domain is worth something you will pay for your appraisal that you have been instructed to buy.

This will turn out to be someone just taking you for everything and anything they can after your appraisal your offers will disappear. This is so common I am starting this thread.
    Check similar names sold at dnpric.es and price your domain accordingly. Check both keywords and similar extensions sold to find some pricing indication. You also may price your name based on the keyword value at the marketplace you list in some fair much better than others. Take bot values as someone that left wallet in car and will be back ….

Lately I have seen members that have saved money helped recover lost stolen domains etc be abused by newbies that believe the offer they have is genuine and asking for opinions but not liking the response. I can be truthful I won't sugar coat your third choice and am well aware I have them also. Take care these first few post may just make or break you.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. JayT

JayT LIFESAVINGS.ONLINE

Past sales is the best way to learn how to appraise. Look for similar sales, there always are! Even if you have a $10,000 domain, only the 'enduser' is going to pay that, and they might only pay $100, and $100 might just keep you moving ahead!

3. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Great post must read for anyone starting out

4. lock

Exactly I hear people not taking offers on domains that can cover a year registration on whole portfolio.

5. lock

The scam gives a defensive stand for newbies as it needed to be pointed out. They believe the flow of offers will change their life any questioning of it is being negative or jealously as they really have the offer.

6. myfavorite

myfavorite Established Member

Much publicity is given to great sales, but the 1000s of domains that are deliberately dropped on daily basis are mostly not given any consideration.

7. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

for every sale ask the seller if he is profitable

year wise

on the portfolio

then think about how tempting a 5 fig yearly loss is
    when selling a domain for $2K USD

8. F33333

F33333 Established Member

Great post that people need to be aware of. I never fell for this when I started but I did my research and I've learned if it seems too good then something is normally off. Always better to be on the safe side and soak up as much info as possible to build the experience :)

9. lock

The problem is probably good people are acting like jerks defending their bogus offer just close it if it is so real.

10. lock

Sometimes the appraisal wont be asked for right away it will only be if you try close the deal. In meantime they will find more domains you own to excite you about.

11. DnameAgame

DnameAgame Check out the new BrandPlease.com Gold Account

Good info & it is helpful (especially for those new to NP) to have an understanding of the "crowd" & how to best:
    • 1. interact constructively with,
    • 2. understand that most responses, especially from the real long term-ers here on NP (new accounts beware of), are made to to offer honest feedback & help. regardless of how the message delivery may come off, especially when it may be taken personally - until you know the NP crowd.

Thanks @lock ,
    Brian

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice