Dynadot

offers Received $3000 initial offer on ☁ dot ws

NameSilo
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi

Just received $3000 initial offer on ☁ dot ws. My only emoji domain.

xn--l3h.com 13,600 USD 2016-12-31

Any advice for me?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just to add to my original thought. $3,000 is a good offer but any starting offer is not likely their final offer. I'm sure they did some research and know how much the .com sold for. Counter offer with a higher number and see what happens. You have to remember there is no second choice for them. They only have the option to buy this one domain so they are not going to walk away and choose another domain. Worse case you end up with the original offer of $3,000.

•••
•••
It's about 4x the highest NameBio sale of last year in .ws. It is 4th highest sale in last 5 yr in .ws (if it does become a sale). I like @MapleDots wording a lot but at the same time would not be greedy and try to close asap. That said, if there is a great emoji you have it! Hope the sale happens!
Bob

•••
there is no second choice for them. They only have the option to buy this one domain so they are not going to walk away and choose another domain.
Why? All other extensions are taken? Or what is so special in .ws?

•••
Always counter to filter fake buyers.

•••
I would suggest what others have said, take the offer but not so direct.

You can also say something like, I was hoping for a price point of $4000 but can you meet me at $3500?

At least that way, you didn't accept their initial offer, you countered subtly without appearing desperate...

•••
I will counter $3500 USD. ($500 help for commission) 😃

•••
It is a unique self descriptive emoji domain on whatever mobile OS you're using. In a very lucrative field. All that at ~1% of the price of the .com

That's how I'm seeing it play right now. They are getting a bargain imo.

•••
.ws really is this even an afterthought? If you take to long when you finally accept, they are going to come to their senses and probably reneg.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Why? All other extensions are taken? Or what is so special in .ws?
Emoji domains are either .com or .ws. The .com is taken and worth much more then what they will offer which leaves only the .ws domain.

•••
Generally IDNs seems to be pretty slow. I would be happy to get $3k for all mine IDNs combined, but I don't have any emoji tho. Good luck!

•••
You should accept the $3000 offer.

•••
Hi

Just received $3000 initial offer on ☁ dot ws. My only emoji domain.

xn--l3h.com 13,600 USD 2016-12-31

Any advice for me?

Thanks.

Wow, so howard Paige was right??

•••
•••
•••
•••
I am thinking about it from little different perspective:

Personally I do not feel emoji domain names at all, from many various reasons...however:

In terms of close alternatives, there is no close alternative to your "cloud emoji" in .ws

reasons:
a) it is single picture emoji domain names
b) afaik only .ws now supports large ranges of emojis

So if they are data/cloud oriented company and someone important from their marketing team got such idea (ideal scenario for you) so that they want to use this on social networks or for their VISUAL add campaign, there is simply no alternatives for them. They can not choose different extensions as different extensions does not support emojis (so far).

Conclusion: all depends on your personal situation. If 3k is lot of money for you, take it. If you do not care about 3k, and this amount of money makes no difference for you, give them 50k counter offer and hope it is a big company with lot of money and stubborn marketing team VP (so called "ideal end user")...in case of such large counter your probabilities of sale are reduced drammatically, of course. But you have very nice name, so think twice..

GL :)

•••
I like @MapleDots answer a lot and will certainly be adding it to my domaining toolbox. Be decisive and don't get too greedy. Let's know how it goes. All the best.

•••
Initial offer is not always the final offer given by the buyer. There's always room for negotiation. If it was me, I would make a counter offer. In most cases, it works well for me. But if it makes you feel uneasy and restless that things might not come out well, then just simply take the offer, relax and enjoy the day.

•••
I have lost multiple deals by counter offering, sometimes it is better to accept the offer than countering it.
Best of luck

•••
I have lost multiple deals by counter offering, sometimes it is better to accept the offer than countering it.

You need to go with your gut and take what you are satisfied with.

One time I got a really nice offer on Sedo, and all logic would entail counter-offering and making sure no money was left on the table, but my spider sense went off and I decided to just accept it.

About a day later I get an email from the the company asking if I can cancel the transaction because they went with another domain, and I just said "I have no say, that's between you and Sedo" - I guess they read them the riot act because a day later the payment was made and I transferred the domain.

Moral of the story: No two domain sales are alike and there is no "paint-by-number" method that works every time.

•••
@ everyone, I didn't accept his offer but also didn't sent a counter offer, I am waiting for a reply.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back