NameSilo

question Questions after questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Plato

Top Member
Impact
Howdy,
I'm not exactly brandnew in domaining, but there are still questions after questions...

Domain flipping

1. Have you success in flipping domains only a few weeks/months (or even days??) after you "handregged" a domain? (Yep, it depends on the name, market, trend... But still.)
2. How long do you wait usually before you approach a potential buyer?
3. Do you develop a small website to show the potential buyer(s) some example usages for the domain? (small site= not a mini site to rank the name like in the old days)

Aged domains

4. What do you do with a really great, aged domain that haven't get over the years not even one offer?
(Yep, it depends on the name, market, trend, traffic... But still...)

Domain sale methods
5. Godaddy: Auction vs premium listing. Which method has worked better for you?
6. Sedo: BIN vs. make offer. Do you sell domains with BIN faster? What about the price, had you with auctions higher sales?

Greets,
Zana

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. yes, but that was back in 2006 (or 2007, i forget :) ).
2. i rarely approach real end user, i can't remember how long. i usually develop it / sell it to another domainer.
3. yes, but i use it for my own use, not for showing to end user.

4. i will develop it if i have time.

5. i tried both, no result. so no idea which one is better.
6. same as 5th. never sell any by sedo.

Last edited:
•••
1. No. I don't flip domains.
2.I usually wait for the potential buyer to approach me.
3. Nope. I usually park my for sale domains.
4. I usually drop it. If it hasn't had any offers, it usually isn't a commercially viable domain.
5. I've never used Premium Listings. GD Auctions are my biggest selling venue every year.
6. Sedo recommends BIN pricing. Much more chance of selling the domain.

•••
In general, I don't like BIN pricing. If a domain sells at BIN, the question is always, have you left money on the table. If a domain doesn't sell at BIN, is it priced too high? Is the venue crap? But if you can get the BIN correct, then it take away the hassle of selling at Make Offer pricing. It's a very fine art, imho.

•••
Thanks!!

When you add a domain in auction, goDaddy required to specify your minimum offer. I think this point is my greatest weakness. I'm never sure about it. I mean, if a domain has for example $ 1000 value, should I set the minimum offer low (maybe $ 250) and counter or should I set the minimum offer near the domain value (maybe $ 800) ?

•••
There are 3 sales choices on GoDaddy, Make Offer, Buy Now, and Make Offer with Buy Now. The higher your minimum offer, the less offers you will receive. The lower the minimum price, the more minimum offer bids you have to consider. So if your minimum offer is too low, you are going to make more work for yourself, negotiating with deadbeat buyers. So if your Buy Now price is $1000, I personally wouldn't want any offers below $500. So that would be my minimum offer. But this is a personal decision. If you are going to be happy to jump on the first $250 offer you receive, then by all means use $250 as your minimum offer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back