Dynadot

Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I suggest a new thread titled Problems, Bugs and Fixes at Afternic - Report Problems Here. Then we can all list our issues so Afternic have to fix them. These Afternic probs have been repeatedly flagged up across numerous threads on here over a period of time, including the need for 2FA. Godaddy own Afternic and have the resources and motivation to fix it - this risky mess is unacceptable and reflects badly on their brand.

For info, Afternic keep reverting some of my domains to "In Review" status for no reason, and I only know that if I log in there to check on them. Until I then ask support to take them out of Review they are not listed for sale and will not sell at Afternic.

@Joe Styler When can we expect Godaddy to take action on Afternic, including implementing 2FA?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler

It would be great when an offer is received via Afternic Premium Network, the initial offer amount and where it is originated should be forwarded to the owner, not just an email asking for the BIN and floor price.

•••
@Joe Styler

1. Yes it will automatically be removed and no longer be listed for sale.

Please check the listing and price setting history of intoclassics dot com at Afternic,
And you will find what you said is not true.
This domain was listed by the previous owner or some careless guy.

I won it from GD auction and then transfer it out of Godaddy on Feb. 4, 2016.
Both the whois info change and the registrar transfer did not remove it from Afternic.
This domain is still listed at Afternic with a BIN of $1500.
Yesterday, I added it to my account.
It is really ridiculous that,
The BIN price of $1500 set by the previous owner inherited.

Besides,
Your Afternic Sr. Sales Executives only care about requesting BIN and Floor prices,
Then go away in air,
Not even bother to update the negotiation status with a simple email such as "the buyer is only willing to pay $50" or "the buyer did not respond".
This is not a single case or a single guy.
all of them all the time.
You need to hire a kindergarten teacher to teach them the basic manners.

Last edited:
•••
If domains were automatically removed from Afternic when WhoIs changed, no one would ever get the "Already Listed" message.

I got an e-mail back from Afternic yesterday saying that they had removed 6 already listed names for me. Yet 4 of them are still giving me the already listed message.

•••
@Joe Styler
Please check here,

https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-premium.1013224/

A recently registered domain on Godaddy found to be for sale as a Premium domain with a Buy Now price.

Afternic.com is still making troubles.
You should find a real doer to replace the current head of Afternic.

Joe Styler said:

Last edited:
•••
Afternic should look into how Uniregistry handles already listed names. Occasionally I submit a name to Uniregistry that is already in their system. Once I've submitted it, I don't have to do anything else to get it listed. I don't have to email anyone. Within a day I will receive an e-mail from Uni that the name is now listed through my account. Whatever they're doing is working.

•••
@Joe Styler
Please check here,

https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-premium.1013224/

A recently registered domain on Godaddy found to be for sale as a Premium domain with a Buy Now price.

Afternic.com is still making troubles.
You should find a real doer to replace the current head of Afternic.

Joe Styler said:
The fast transfer option will be deleted, the name may still show up as an auction listing which will not automatically move from you to the buyer.

•••
@Joe Styler

So you still think it is Ok for Afternic to peddle a domain at BIN price without the permission of the current owner?

•••
@Joe Styler

Joe Styler said:

May I know is this what you have told us several days ago?

Last edited:
•••
I recently added a batch of domains for sale on Afternic. Out of just over 100, only 8 were already listed and only one ended up in review. This is a big improvement. Have there been any changes recently?

•••
@Joe Styler

Do you have a support team? I sent message to email and TA agnet, one week left and no respond!

•••
I sold a domain through afternic which wasnt on their fast transfer as its on moniker registrar, so i had to manually initiate a push to their escrow account, which i started and its been 1 week later and they still havnt accepted the push in. I also havnt heard anything back from any of my support tickets. Just useless

•••
I pushed a domain to Afternic on April 5. Afternic has acknowledged that I have transferred the domain. Estimated payout date for this domain is April 9. Still haven't received the payment. "TA Agents" have yet to respond to a single message since this new system was launched. It appears that messages go nowhere (I don't receive any receipts for having sent messages either).

Please bring back the old system.

•••
Ive resorted to phoning them. I use the viber app to call afternics toll free number. Even from the uk it costs nothing :)

•••
@Joe Styler - In your announcement about the new GD escrow/transaction system, you mentioned that it would introduce this improvement:

"The gist of it is that we are now taking every name into an Afternic holding account and then moving it to the buyer. Once we get control of the domain we can pay you instead of waiting for the buyer to accept the domain or complete the transfer into their account."

I was finally able to get a reply from a TA Agent about a delayed payment, which directly contradicts the announcement you made, as they told me that:

"Thank you for choosing Afternic! Once the buyer resumes full control of the domain, we will release your funds."

I pushed the domain to Afternic 2+ weeks ago, so according to your statement, I can get paid right away (or rather, I could have gotten paid 2 weeks ago), but according to the TA agent, I need to wait for the domain to transfer to the buyer. Can you clarify how this new system actually works?

•••
I pushed a domain to Afternic on April 5. Afternic has acknowledged that I have transferred the domain. Estimated payout date for this domain is April 9. Still haven't received the payment. "TA Agents" have yet to respond to a single message since this new system was launched. It appears that messages go nowhere (I don't receive any receipts for having sent messages either).

Please bring back the old system.
It sounds to me like this transaction was made under the old system. We didn't have an estimated pay date when we rolled the new one out. That was marked to be added after the initial release. It is strange to me that you are not getting a response from the service department, maybe you are not emailing the correct place. You can get an answer by emailing [email protected].

•••
•••
•••
@Joe Styler

Joe Styler said:

May I know is this what you have told us several days ago?
I am not sure what you are asking here.

•••
@simmplex I think when Joe said what he originally said, he was only referring to the fact that fast transfer names are automatically removed upon whois change. Non-fast transfer names are not automatically removed. I think that might be what you're getting at.

•••
Hire more customer support guys pls

•••
af.png
@Joe Styler
@Nat Hunt

I am not sure what you are asking here.

@simmplex I think when Joe said what he originally said, he was only referring to the fact that fast transfer names are automatically removed upon whois change. Non-fast transfer names are not automatically removed. I think that might be what you're getting at.

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler

I've been having a lot of problems with the premium network. I had many email exchanges with Afternic support to try and figure this out. Almost all the domains that are registered at Domain.com, MyDomain, Dotster and Netfirms can't be added to it. Regarding Netfirms I can understand because it isn't listed as a fast transfer partner (even though I had some domains there that were enrolled). But why are there problems with the others? Domain, Dotster and MyDomain are listed as a part of Afternic's premium network (https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network). However, your support claims that Dotster and MyDomain aren't a part of the premium network. They say only Domain.com is.

Funnily enough, I currently have some domains at MyDomain that are enrolled into the premium network despite these claims and had a few at Dotster too before pushing them to Domain.com with other domains in order to try and fix this problem. I only managed to approve a select few though. Most of the time, after trying to enroll domains, I just get emails from all of these registrars with links to approve the enrollment to the premium network, but these links lead nowhere. They just log me into the account. In the best case scenario I get to a page where a couple of domains can be approved, but 99.999% of the domains that are eligible don't appear there and so can't be approved.

Enrolling domains into the premium network at Domain.com doesn't work for me either. I got enrollment emails for just 3 domains out of hundreds. And those too require entering an auth code for each domain (enrolling at Dotster/MyDomain/Nertfirms didn't require an auth code, for the few domains I managed to somehow approve there). It's pointless adding just those 3, plus am I really expected to enter an auth code individually for hundreds of domains, even if I somehow get to the point where I actually get emails with links that are leading to a page where I can approve them? The same problem happens with Fasthosts, BTW. I got hundreds of emails, but in each email I'm being asked to enter an auth code in order to enroll. It just doesn't make sense for people with large portfolios.

I hope you guys can look into this whole fast network thing because something there is seriously broken. Tons of domains are pending approval, but there's no way to approve most of them and the ones that can be approved require entering auth codes individually. Really bad system.

On another note, I want to use this opportunity and join the people who are asking for a better interface. Afternic's interface isn't user friendly to say the least. It's really hard adding, editing and removing domains. Some of the problems:

1. No ability to add/edit/delete in bulk more than 50 domains.

2. Editing listings is hard because of the way the information is embedded in the page. The chart isn't comfortable to use. Not all the fields can be seen intuitively or rearranged according to the values inside them. Seeing some of the fields requires having to scroll down to the bottom of each page before being able to scroll right.

3. After marking domains for deletion, a pop up window comes up. If there are more than a few domains there it requires scrolling down in order to approve the deletion.

4. There's no ability to bulk search for a specific list of domains and then bulk edit them. Please learn from what Uniregistry has done in terms of bulk adding/viewing/editing/deleting (Godaddy auctions would really benefit from the same feature). This feature can save so much time and effort.

On a positive note, you guys give domains a lot of exposure and help close sales. Glad that you're listening to feedback, making changes and trying to improve. I hope you'll be able to fix the issues mentioned in this post. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler I have sent email a week ago and no respond.

•••
I have had a domain automatically moved out of my registrar account that was NOT fast-transfer enabled by me. I was not asked to authorize the transfer in any form. The domain just vanished from my registrar account. This is after I had worked with Afternic support on a manual transfer that had been unsuccessful until that point.

What Afternic support did next, without even informing me or asking me if it was okay, was to contact the registrar directly, and get the registrar to simply take the domain out of my account. The registrar did also not ask me whether I had actually sold the domain, or whether I wanted to accept the transfer, they just gave it directly to Afternic.

The fact that I, as the domain owner, never opted in to fast transfer, and never approved any form of ownership transfer, and then had the domain just taken right out of my account by afternic, is extremely problematic.

What if I had sold a domain I didn’t own? And the reason the manual transfer had not been able to proceed was that I didn’t own it? That should have been a red flag for Afternic. 3 failed manual transfer attempts is not something that should give you the confidence to move ahead and simply take possession of the domain after the seller (me) had been unable to provide it by himself.

But instead of making sure I owned the domain and get it moved in a legitimate way, Afternic support just somehow got the registrar to pull the sold domain right out of its registrar account, without any form of communication with or authorization by me.

I actually spent days trying to retrieve this domain as this seemed like theft to me, as I had no idea Afternic is able to do this kind of thing, and the registrar who facilitated this was of no help either (they just complied with Afternic’s request of taking the domain, and then when I asked them why they my domain, that was not fast-transfer enabled, move out of my account without my authorization and without even checking whether I'm actually the seller of this domain, they pretty much just said it’s not their problem and that I got to work it out with Afternic by myself... moving all domains away from them at the moment...). Then finally, after several days, Afternic support briskly told me that they had simply taken the domain out of my account by themselves with the help of the registrar (who did not ask me, the domain owner, whether this was acceptable). My concerned follow up questions with Afternic regarding this were, as they nearly always are, ignored.

@Joe Styler - Can you please explain how it is possible that Afternic can just take non-fast-transfer-enabled standard network domains right out of domain owner’s accounts without any kind of ownership verification, authorization, and approval on the part of the owner?

•••
@SuperBrander
@Joe Styler
@Joe Styler

4. There's no ability to bulk search for a specific list of domains and then bulk edit them. Please learn from what Uniregistry has done in terms of bulk adding/viewing/editing/deleting (Godaddy auctions would really benefit from the same feature). This feature can save so much time and effort.

Really good and considerate suggestions,
It would be great to add bulk adding/viewing/editing/deleting for Godaddy auctions.
especially bulk search and bulk adding to watch functions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back