Domain Empire

.tv Premium .tv domains seem available on other registrars than Enom

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Did you happen to see this?
:notme:

Registered some with dynadot, really interested to see what will happen next :D

Did you register any "premium" .tv's?

(maybe it was a glitch in the system maybe enom was trying to unload premiums because they knew about

either way this is one of the most bizarre things that ever happened to me as a domainer)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just regged for 19,99 Thrill dot tv :) according to Ahead.tv it was 500 premium

•••
I jumped into .tv last night and spent a whopping $21 on tvt.tv. I thought about bin.tv which was priced at $1300. 5 mins later someone snagged it so the lesson is that it doesn't pay to think :laugh:

•••
Now at Name every domain (also fsdsdfsdfsdfdsfsdfds.tv) seem to be priced at 900$
At Dynadot it seems ok.

•••
What's the big deal? Estibot says debt.tv and surfing.tv are less than 5k. Lol.

•••
What's the big deal? Estibot says debt.tv and surfing.tv are less than 5k. Lol.

Well if that's what estibot says, then it must be true! :lol:

The poor poor bastard that owns surfing.tv must be heartbroken that estibot only values it at 5k.

When do we start asking about potential .tv values? When can I ask gosh darnet.....I really want to know?

Just kidding, I am going to be patient, I keep telling myself that!!!!

BTW - I believe it was my post that started this whole 'frenzy' and not one single rep....I am the catylist gosh darnet.

•••
Little investigation:

Yesterday (before 9:00) while I was checking the names at Dynadot and regging like crazy, I checked Robot and Panda. The both names were taken – I thought by someone like me.
But – today I saw Robot in 9:00 list and Panda available even now (for 360).

Does it mean that when we all were regging, Enom guys also registered names? Or these two names just were blocked for registration?

•••
Little investigation:

Yesterday (before 9:00) while I was checking the names at Dynadot and regging like crazy, I checked Robot and Panda. The both names were taken – I thought by someone like me.
But – today I saw Robot in 9:00 list and Panda available even now (for 360).

Does it mean that when we all were regging, Enom guys also registered names? Or these two names just were blocked for registration?

If it's the second it's better. That means that they knew exactly what was happening

•••
maybe they were tasted and dropped already(3rd option)

•••
BTW - I believe it was my post that started this whole 'frenzy' and not one single rep....I am the catylist gosh darnet.

Wait.. you get a 25k primo domain AND want rep?

Greedy... but what the heck, they're cheap to give :):loveyou:

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

My WHOIS just flipped.... awesome!

Dynadot about 7 hrs it took. :)

•••
By such a big change, I can't imagine that VRSN didn't monitored the registrations during yesterday and today.
They know and let it happen for whatever reason... or it is the biggest online mess I've ever seen, and I can't imagine how they could handle it without collateral damages.

•••
Wait.. you get a 25k primo domain AND want rep?

Greedy... but what the heck, they're cheap to give :):loveyou:

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

My WHOIS just flipped.... awesome!

Dynadot about 7 hrs it took. :)

:guilty:

Not sure if this matters but I just received my standard domaintools.com email saying I am the owner of all 3 of my .tv's!!

•••
I believe if the domains were registered last night after or during the .tv registry shut down (or after enom announced the new premium pricing), those domains probably won't be able to be kept. There were errors in the system after .tv pulled the plug. The ones registered yesterday during the day (while we were all clueless) were part of a mini boom promotion and will remain in our accounts, locked in a standard regfee/renewal.

•••
I believe if the domains were registered last night after or during the .tv registry shut down (or after enom announced the new premium pricing), those domains probably won't be able to be kept. There were errors in the system after .tv pulled the plug. The ones registered yesterday during the day (while we were all clueless) were part of a mini boom promotion and will remain in our accounts, locked in a standard regfee/renewal.

lets hope that is true....I reg'd mine just before lunch.

•••
I don't want to appear too optimistic but if they did this announcement
.tv Premium Announcement « Watch.tv Blog
and didn't mention what happened yesterday + we haven't received yet any email or communication I think we have big chance to keep everything.

•••
I was just contacted by Kim Hollingdale at Rudder Fin/Enom. She contacted me via my blog, after reading my post. I’m just going to copy and paste our conversation..

{START MESSAGE}
Hi Mike,

I was just reading your post on the .TV pricing changes and your wish is my command – here’s the announcement from eNom, please shout if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kim

Kim Hollingdale | Ruder Finn/West

eNom Supports .TV Premium Domain Price Reductions

–VeriSign implements new pricing structure to boost .TV premium domain adoption rate–

SANTA MONICA, California – March 19, 2010 – eNom, Inc., the world’s largest ICANN accredited domain name wholesaler, today voiced its support for the updated .TV premium domain pricing model and widened availability being implemented by .TV Registry provider, VeriSign. As of today, all available .TV premium domains will be competitively re-priced. In addition, the renewal price for new Premium domains at eNom will be set to the customer’s standard non-premium .TV rate. The move is expected to boost interest in the .TV domain and secure its future as the must-have address for online video.

VeriSign announced today an updated offering of tens of thousands of .TV premium domain names, which are now reduced in price. To best manage the renewed interest this price reduction will create, eNom® has re-launched its own site, eNom.tv. Utilizing the company’s Instant Reseller™ platform, eNom.tv includes a full, download-able list of available .TV premium domains and their completely re-priced year-one registration fees.

“The updated pricing structure for .TV premium domains is a great response to the market. We expect that significantly more customers will now enter the .TV market, and that existing .TV customers will add names to their portfolios. As such, these changes mark an extremely positive and welcomed step in the right direction for the .TV community.” said Chris Sheridan, vice president of platform for Demand Media®, the parent company of eNom.

To register an available and competitively priced .TV premium domain name, visit the new eNom.tv site or eNomCentral - domain name, internet services, dns hosting.

For more information, please visit eNom.tv

{MY RESPONSE}
Thank you Kim. I will relay this info to my readers!

Can you comment on the .tv registrations that occurred yesterday? They are valid, correct? There are lots of confused domainers with their fingers crossed.

Thank you!

Mike

{KIM’s RESPONSE}
Hi Michael,

I can’t comment on eNom’s behalf directly but Chris Sheridan, VP of platform for Demand Media, eNom’s parent company, just answered the following question in writing so we can use that if it helps, this is the same question your readers had right?

1. Domainers on Namepros are saying they hand-registered former-$10k premium .tv domains for about $20. Did this happen at eNom? Was it supposed to happen or was it a glitch? Will these registrations be honoured?

A: VeriSign re-released the available .tv premium names this morning. Their announcement is here: Watch.tv Blog . As part of the re-release, some names were no longer classified as Premium names and made available at standard rates. So, yes, this is very possible.

If that’s not helpful let me know!

Kim

{END MESSAGE STRING}

--

Like you donnied79, she referred to the blog.watch.tv announcement.. So far the 'official' answer to our #1 question is it's 'very possible' that we keep the domains we hand registered yesterday, or at least that's how I read this info. :gl:

Last edited:
•••
Nicedomains I think this is a great great news.
Thank you very much.

•••

Congrats, everyone, who got premiums for reg fee!

This decision by enom certainly changes everything and for the better.

;)

•••
They definitely classified some as no longer premium, so people will keep them. But if it was on the list last night, ENOM and Dynadot had premium pricing but Name.com did not have premium pricing. They sent email and our taking names back if you do not want to pay the premium pricing.

•••
They know and let it happen for whatever reason... or it is the biggest online mess I've ever seen, and I can't imagine how they could handle it without collateral damages.
Totally correct, on both counts.

They definitely classified some as no longer premium, so people will keep them.
Yup, what I think too, specially the ones that were available before the registry lockdown.

But if it was on the list last night, ENOM and Dynadot had premium pricing but Name.com did not have premium pricing. They sent email and our taking names back if you do not want to pay the premium pricing.
That is correct too, but this only applies to names specifically mentioned in the email, not the others you have in your account, at least that's the response I got via a phone call to name.com

•••
Reference Dynadot boo boo or ?

Hi Everyone,
Reference to Dynadot .tv, I was lucky enough to purchase 3 .tv's for 12.99
In the middle of registering another the price changed to 21.99 (I think they made typo error)
A big ad typo error.
If so I'm sure it was a expensive mistake.

I emailed customer service
Their reason does not make since to me, I thought most all resellers were in
charge of their own pricing?

The Response I received:
Sent: Thu 3/18/10 7:16 PM

Hello, The normal price for .TV domains is about $35. That lower price (I believe it was $12.99) was just a price the Central Registry was offering.

You may want to send your feedback to Verisign and let them know you really appreciated that price, perhaps they'll offer it again.
I removed link ) message as received
verisign.com/domain-name-services/become-registrar/tv-cc-registrar/index.html]Become a .tv, .cc Domain Name Registrar from VeriSign, Inc.[/url]
Best Regards,Dynadot Staff

Thanks for the info, I thought I was the only one, Their Ad on google page now shows 21.99 Big Sale ... Still :td:

I am somewhat newbie domainer,
What do you all think of dvd3d.tv

Now I am wondering if it even makes since......

Sincerely Thanks for any opinions good or bad...

Last edited:
•••
Time to celebrate??? I think the language was pretty clear - they reclassified premiums....Anything on the list was not reclassified, just re-priced.

This is the first announcement that supports the theory that those regged prior to lock down of the registry can keep their names.

Is there any other way to read that answer???

•••
thats it Millers...even though its not an announcement but an email reply
maybe we have to say thank you so they can offer it again
:D

ps: I never wanted any announcement for the obvious, usually announcements are made to restore things

•••
registered some nice domains at name.com during the landrush.
Recieved the same email as others. (see below)

I'm going to pay the difference on crime.tv(sorry MillersCrossing) and market.tv, Im up in the air about keeping bbc.tv??? any suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your patience.

Below is the premium pricing for the domains you registered. Please let us know which names you would like to keep, we'll figure out the total refund or additional charges based on your selections. If you would like to speak on the phone, feel free to email me and we can setup a time.

If you are able to provide us with your list today we can have the names moved back into your account by this evening once we complete the refund or charges. Otherwise, please let us know your selections by Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:00PM MST. If we do not receive your selections by this time we'll proceed with the deletion of these domains and they will become available to the general public again.

bin.tv $1,243.00
expert.tv $621.50
crime.tv $621.50
market.tv $1,017.00
bbc.tv $3,898.50

Last edited:
•••
registered some nice domains at name.com during the landrush.
Recieved the same email as others. (see below)

I'm going to pay the difference on crime.tv(sorry MillersCrossing) and market.tv, Im up in the air about keeping bbc.tv??? any suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your patience.

Below is the premium pricing for the domains you registered. Please let us know which names you would like to keep, we'll figure out the total refund or additional charges based on your selections. If you would like to speak on the phone, feel free to email me and we can setup a time.

If you are able to provide us with your list today we can have the names moved back into your account by this evening once we complete the refund or charges. Otherwise, please let us know your selections by Saturday, March 20, 2010 12:00PM MST. If we do not receive your selections by this time we'll proceed with the deletion of these domains and they will become available to the general public again.

bin.tv $1,243.00
expert.tv $621.50
crime.tv $621.50
market.tv $1,017.00
bbc.tv $3,898.50

stay away from bbc. you will have TM issues there i suspect

•••

Drop BBC.tv like a hot potato, the name is near worthless I'd say. About the only thing I'd say for it is (if I remember correctly) it was promoted a bit about 10 years ago (I think mainly by the registry) as an example of enduser adoption so maybe it has got a couple of old links.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back