Dynadot

Porkbun Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Has anyone tried adding names to Porkbun Marketplace with the check mark for using their lander page and had issues the last few days?

I have listed many in past without issues. But now it spins for minutes never completing the DNS. If you do not check the Park on Marketplace, it will update the price properly.

I have tried with multiple names and with multiple TLDs. I do have the problem reported to support at Porkbun, but thought I would post here to see if anyone else is having same problems.

I am using Chrome (the newest one from overnight) on a Silicon M1 Mac, but to see if that was the problem tried Incognito Chrome and Safari and both respond the same way. I do not go through a VPN or use ad blockers, and have not had a network change since everything worked fine.

I have successfully listed many dozens on marketplace previously, so it is a new problem for me. I can't recall exactly when I last listed without problems, I think about two weeks ago or so.

Bob

@Porkbun
Hey, Bob. Sorry for not seeing this sooner but I'm wondering if you're still experiencing this issue? We had some wonky IPv6 issues at AWS and it was causing all sorts of problems. We believe these issues have been worked around until the issue is resolved so I'd be interested to know if it fixed this for you.

•••
Has anyone tried adding names to Porkbun Marketplace with the check mark for using their lander page and had issues the last few days?

I have listed many in past without issues. But now it spins for minutes never completing the DNS. If you do not check the Park on Marketplace, it will update the price properly.

I have tried with multiple names and with multiple TLDs. I do have the problem reported to support at Porkbun, but thought I would post here to see if anyone else is having same problems.

I am using Chrome (the newest one from overnight) on a Silicon M1 Mac, but to see if that was the problem tried Incognito Chrome and Safari and both respond the same way. I do not go through a VPN or use ad blockers, and have not had a network change since everything worked fine.

I have successfully listed many dozens on marketplace previously, so it is a new problem for me. I can't recall exactly when I last listed without problems, I think about two weeks ago or so.

Bob

@Porkbun
Hey Bob, Just a quick note to say I've added some this week and haven't had any issues adding to Porkbun's marketplace.

•••
We've looked at Sedo integration in the past, their system is more complex and thus it's been hard for us to support as a small registrar team. That said, as others have noted, now may be a good time for us to revisit.

Registries rarely offer transfer promotions considering it doesn't really mean anything to them where your domain is hosted. Our margins are typically pretty slim to the point of most domains are close to their actual cost. ACH can be a good option for bulk orders as it would eliminate credit card fees.

Our parent company manages .gay, and with that said we would treat it the same way even if that wasn't the case. There are many social or cultural specific TLDs, and we sell domains, so that means we promote .green, .asia, .lat, .eco, .lgbt ,and more. We strongly support what our colleagues at .gay are doing: it is the first TLD to ban hate and donate a consistent percentage of its revenue to LGBTQ+ organizations, having raised over $180,000. Identifying as LGBTQ+ is not a cause, and promoting domains whether it is .com or .lgbt is our passion and job. We're glad to work with .gay and other TLDs that make our job more engaging. I would never usually recommend this but perhaps your best bet is to use our industry-best platform and unsubscribe from our marketing, if that is what you are trying to avoid. Thank you for being a customer and have a great day.

++1 on adding Sedo integration. That's a huge feature, now that markets have changed and one of the few things other registrars have that the Bun doesn't. Love you guys - I'm slowly but surely making you my primary registrar!

•••
Hey, Bob. Sorry for not seeing this sooner but I'm wondering if you're still experiencing this issue? We had some wonky IPv6 issues at AWS and it was causing all sorts of problems. We believe these issues have been worked around until the issue is resolved so I'd be interested to know if it fixed this for you.
I just tried changing one and it still seems to spin for minutes. So not yet resolved for me.

I did find a workaround that always works however.
1. I first change the DNS to your standard ones.
2. Then in second operation I do the price change, add an AI generated description (thank you!), etc. and even with the Park checked it now works fine.

So in other words, it is somehow the combination of a lander/price change that also involves a change to your DNS that is what makes it hang for me. Divide the two (which is what I did to successfully list all I wanted) and each work fine.

For example, listing for sale a newly registered name never hangs, because the default DNS were already in place. Same for a name already using your landers, that you are just changing price or generating a description, no problem. It is only for cases where the existing DNS are not Porkbun, AND you are changing both price and lander DNS that hangs. I am using Chrome (newest stable release) on an M1 Mac, in case that matters.

But as I said, I have a simple workaround, so if it is only me reporting the problem, don't worry about it.

By the way, thanks for the improvements in your landers over the past months, and now with AI generated descriptions too! Very nice!

-Bob

PS @Scott Davis glad you are not having issues. Were you adding names that had their DNS previously set to something else, or just listing for sale new transfer/registrations that already had Porkbun DNS. Those work fine for me, but not if I had previous DNS pointed say to Dan.

Last edited:
•••
I just tried changing one and it still seems to spin for minutes. So not yet resolved for me.

I did find a workaround that always works however.
1. I first change the DNS to your standard ones.
2. Then in second operation I do the price change, add an AI generated description (thank you!), etc. and even with the Park checked it now works fine.

So in other words, it is somehow the combination of a lander/price change that also involves a change to your DNS that is what makes it hang for me. Divide the two (which is what I did to successfully list all I wanted) and each work fine.

For example, listing for sale a newly registered name never hangs, because the default DNS were already in place. Same for a name already using your landers, that you are just changing price or generating a description, no problem. It is only for cases where the existing DNS are not Porkbun, AND you are changing both price and lander DNS that hangs. I am using Chrome (newest stable release) on an M1 Mac, in case that matters.

But as I said, I have a simple workaround, so if it is only me reporting the problem, don't worry about it.

By the way, thanks for the improvements in your landers over the past months, and now with AI generated descriptions too! Very nice!

-Bob

PS @Scott Davis glad you are not having issues. Were you adding names that had their DNS previously set to something else, or just listing for sale new transfer/registrations that already had Porkbun DNS. Those work fine for me, but not if I had previous DNS pointed say to Dan.

Bob, I was adding newly transferred, using Porkbun DNS. So your issues may be different based on what you're saying. I'll keep an eye open for that.

•••
Hi @Porkbun and @SlackJawedYokel ,
I don't see a Backorder service on your website. Have you thought of setting one up?...
Thanks.

•••
•••
Porkbun limited time .io sale...73% off @$12.67...1st one available for $11.67 using code...AWESOMENESS
btw i tried the code but it didn't work

Last edited:
•••
•••
We had to make some changes, .io is still on sale for $12.67 first year registration. AWESOMENESS will no longer work, however you can use code IOFOSHO for $11.99, 2 per user and should work for everyone, even if you already snagged one with AWESOMENESS.

(´♡(oo)♡`)

•••
Curious if anyone is seeing any decent conversion rates or an uptake in enquiries using Porkbun landers and their Ai Sales Blurb feature below?

AI GENERATED SALES BLURB

Generate a compelling sales blurb for your domain using ChatGPT.

Notice: This is beta functionality and will only work if you park the domain with us using the "PARKING PAGE" checkbox above.

•••
<Psst!>

$1 off on up to three domain transfers with code EXODUS for a limited time.

</Psst!>

•••
.com at $7.98 now through Friday, fr fr no cap

•••
•••
Bacon or a .com🤔
both GIF

•••
Last edited:
•••
Hi @Porkbun

The major outage at Cloudflare is still ongoing. I realize that Porkbun has become too dependent on Cloudflare. Does Porkbun have a workaround available, so that DNS can be changed again?

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

1699008737799.png

•••
Hi @Porkbun

The major outage at Cloudflare is still ongoing. I realize that Porkbun has become too dependent on Cloudflare. Does Porkbun have a workaround available, so that DNS can be changed again?

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/
Hi @Future Sensors, thanks for sharing your concern and apologies for any inconvenience incurred thus far. As of the last couple years, this has been the only major issue we've experienced since switching our DNS services to Cloudflare, a far cry from when we ran our own. Cloudflare has long had a reputation for being a reliable DNS provider and even through this DNS resolution has been maintained. It does appear that DNS changes are starting to go through, however there's always the option to switch to a different DNS provider if need be.

•••
Last edited:
•••
*Everything solved*

Thank you Porkbun!

Last edited:
•••
unable to receive emails (as I use that domain for my email account), so I can not longer receive the two-factor authentication code,
unless Porkbun has changed this, they do not email the 2FA code. You need Authenticator or similar
----
Edit: I see email 2FA is in beta now. Good luck getting this sorted out!!

Last edited:
•••
unless Porkbun has changed this, they do not email the 2FA code. You need Authenticator or similar
----
Edit: I see email 2FA is in beta now. Good luck getting this sorted out!!

Thank you!

I implemented 2FA not that long time ago and the codes have been emailed to me. I have no clue why the backup code is not working. Maybe I copied it wrong, but that seems odd.

•••
@Porkbun fixed everything! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :xf.love:

I will not let my most precious domains expire again!

Thanks @Porkbun for helping me out!

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back