IT.COM

Porkbun Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Porkbun

Established Member
Porkbun.com
Impact
OINK! Hello to everyone here at NamePros, I’m happy to be joining y’all. My name’s Eddie and as the title suggests this will be our official thread here for funneling announcements, questions, feedback, and anything else folks want to talk about. I or someone else on the team will be checking regularly and being as responsive as possible.

And of course, if you need help with your Porkbun account, you can reach our support team (including me) 9 am to 5 pm PST seven days a week at [email protected], 855-767-5286, or by clicking the “Help” icon on our site to start a live chat.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Will you be updating the display of your marketplace in the near future? It's difficult to see domains that are listed there. Also, are there any new developments in the works for landers?
We haven't made any plans (yet) for adding a list of domains for sale on our marketplace, but I'll be sure to communicate the request up the chain. If you have any examples or specific requests, I can get that compiled into a proper ticket for our dev team.

Landers have been updated, I've forgotten to make a big post announcing all the marketing updates from the last couple months so here it is:

Marketplace Landers

Landers are completely redone to be more clean and descriptive.
  • Every lander can have a contact form.
  • We'll display some basic analytics for all marketplace landers (users and views).
  • You can also add your own Google Analytics ID for tracking.
  • You can now list domains via a CSV upload, including managing their settings.
  • You can specify casing for your domain, e.g. have it show "BuyThisDomain.com."
See example: kesha.buzz

Domain Management

We added a "Domain Management Settings" tab that will change your domain management view. Y'all probably benefit the most from Utilitarian View, which strips out a lot of the pretty bits to load both faster and more domains at a glance. You can further customize to show nameservers and estimated renewal prices, just note that these will slow things down a bit.

There's also options to customize things like pagination, load all domains at once, hide external domains, etc. These are all sticky too so it'll load the same every time you enter your Porkbun account.

There were also some improvements done with search, filters, and sorting to make them all work together as well as filter by multiple labels.

Also bulk management options have been expanded, including you can now upload a CSV file of domains you want to bulk manage in addition to doing a pasted list. There's also just a number of new bulk actions you can do including:
  • Upload CSV of Marketplace settings (like I said above).
  • Download CSV of URL forwarding settings.
  • Download DNS records.
  • Download Afternic ready file.
  • Download Domain settings w/ Auth Codes.
  • and w/o Auth Codes.
  • Delete all external domains (domains that have transferred out).
There's continuously more stuff rolling out and we're of course still taking any feedback as fast as we can implement, so please feel free to chime in with further improvements y'all would like to see!

OINK!

•••
Psst... $7.98 for a new .com, 48 hours only.

No limits, no minimums. Go hog wild!

₍ᐢ. ⚇ .ᐢ₎

•••
Thanks for this information. Good to hear that support is great, and I like that they show the faces of their employees (including the company plant...) on their website. As long as support is great, I don't think it is necessary to have an account manager.

The only thing that I miss - being outside the US - is that you cannot top up your account by credit card or wire transfer. I really hope they will add these options soon @Porkbun.
Sorry we were a little late seeing this. @Future Sensors is correct, we do not have any sort of account manager for larger accounts at this time. That said, every support rep is empowered to support every customer regardless of size with excellent service. We have < 24 hour turn around time on email (unless it's something very wonky) and offer real live human chat/phone support during our official business hours seven days a week. If you ever feel like you're not receiving the support you deserve please ask that your ticket get escalated to Phillip, our support manager.

I've added non-US account credit funding to our weekly meeting issues for this coming Monday. We need a solution here, probably wire but I'll keep you posted.

•••
Interesting point. Why do you say that?
Less employees = more accountability. I find whenever companies start expanding/outsourcing employees it turns out for a negative customer experience.

I like the personable, hands on feel that PB gives.

•••
We’re a little more than 5 people, but we do have a small-but-mighty team and are pretty transparent about that. You can check us all out on our About Us page here: https://porkbun.com/about

We do try and stay nimble and personal as much as we can. We do have a number of anti-fraud and abuse mechanisms that sometimes catch a false positive, our support team is usually pretty good about clearing those up as they surface.

@blissgrin it sounds like you previously had a problem but as far as I can tell you've deleted all your posts, certainly if you're still having an issue feel free to reach out to support directly at [email protected] and we'll get it sorted.
The problem was sorted out. Thanks to awesome support provided by the team. They are very professional and reliable team. I will certainly continue to buy more domains from porkbun. :)

•••
Psst... $7.98 for a new .com, 48 hours only.
Thanking you and bumping this so other members can see this deal and benefit from it after your post was immediately buried 3 pages down by a damn idiot spammer posting dozens of BS "appraisals" in mere minutes

Last edited:
•••
Nice to finally see an official thread for Porkbun

•••
You swines got something cooking.
How do I CamelCase my name and add my google code? Looking now on mobile
May the pork be with you 🐽
Another simple question is: do they have a "kosher" version for their landers?!:xf.wink:
Ok, sorry, just needed a little lander humor this afternoon!

•••
New reg's only, I assume?
Correct, new registrations only.

Only a few more hours left! Sale ends tonight at midnight UTC (5 pm PT).

•••
Porkbun USA Today.png

"We’re honored to have been recognized by USA Today as the #1 domain registrar and 'Best For Long-Term Savings' with 5/5 stars. Low prices, amazing customer service, and incredible products are the foundation for everything we strive to provide you every day." --Porkbun Domains.

Last edited:
•••
There is a new Twitter account called "porkbun app" (porkbunapp) that appears to be set up to mock and ridicule Porkbun.

Accounts like that should be reported and taken down.

I've already reported several tweets and reported the account for impersonation. So if anyone else feels that the account is inappropriate, then it would help if you, too, reported it.

•••
Will we ever catch a glimpse of Porkie's face? I mean, the rear-view with the curly tail is great and all..

Actually, in hindsight, eat the bacon don't ask questions. It's sow much better that way.

**edit n/m, found some footage of the frontage:

pb-frontage.jpg

That curly tail.

Last edited:
•••
Wow, nice! That is a very nice distinction from other landers I have seen! Could you double check that, to make certain that's still the case?

At this time, can you use the Porkbun landers if you are not currently using Porkbunas a registrar? I'd love to give it a try!
Your domain would have to be registered at Porkbun in order for it to be listed in our marketplace. Keeping it all in our system is how we're able to offer a low 7% commission rate, instant transfer, and no transfer fee. Of course you can still list your domain in other aftermarkets while it's listed in our marketplace, use a different lander, etc.

•••
You swines got something cooking.
How do I CamelCase my name and add my google code? Looking now on mobile
May the pork be with you 🐽

•••
How is this a problem rather than an inconvenience? Curious.
Excellent question on the difference between a problem and an inconvenience, thank you for asking :)

Last year I started registering many cheap $0.98 promo domains through Porkbun, and now I'm deciding which one to keep. The majority are not renewed. Since hundreds of domains are involved every day, it is practically impossible to delete them one by one using the Porkbun GUI. You have to take a lot of steps and then do a final email confirmation of this as well. The Porkbun GUI has become really, really slow (even with "Simplified View" enabled). The Search function is extremely slow as well. The Sort function is slow. I also can't hide the expired domains from my account (such as GoDaddy's "Only show active domains" filter). Porkbun will continue to email me daily for the next few months with these expired domains in my account. As a result, the other domains that are important become practically invisible. I don't want to see these domains again, just bulk remove them from my account.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Porkbun, but for managing a large portfolio there is certainly room for improvement.

Last edited:
•••
We’re a little more than 5 people, but we do have a small-but-mighty team and are pretty transparent about that. You can check us all out on our About Us page here: https://porkbun.com/about

We do try and stay nimble and personal as much as we can. We do have a number of anti-fraud and abuse mechanisms that sometimes catch a false positive, our support team is usually pretty good about clearing those up as they surface.

@blissgrin it sounds like you previously had a problem but as far as I can tell you've deleted all your posts, certainly if you're still having an issue feel free to reach out to support directly at [email protected] and we'll get it sorted.

•••
•••
Hi @Porkbun ,
Is there any chance you'll start supporting SedoMLS like you support Afternic FT?

Oh, and like @Peak.Domains , if you had a Transfer promo going I'd bring over 600 domains straight away. ;) I need to make a decision where those domains are going before the end of the month...

Also, at the risk of unpacking a huge can of worms (which I don't want to do)... I have noticed that you promote .gay and pride stuff rather heavily. You can do what you like of course, however, having been a long-time customer of Epik I have been very much turned off any companies who promote 'causes' (for want of a better word). Most people around here know that Epik was big on the free speech stuff, to say the least, and that seems to be a key reason they were hacked, along with a bunch of other stuff that has happened since. I ignored that for a long time, to my detriment. Anyway, to cut a long story short, a need a domain registrar who cares more about being a good domain registrar than about promoting causes (no matter how much merit they may or may not have). I apologise if this seems too forward, but could you please comment on this aspect, and perhaps advise whether you expect these promotions to continue? For me now, it is very much a case of 'once bitten, twice shy' after the whole Epik debacle and it's something I find myself considering as I decide on a new primary registrar.

Thanks.
We've looked at Sedo integration in the past, their system is more complex and thus it's been hard for us to support as a small registrar team. That said, as others have noted, now may be a good time for us to revisit.

Registries rarely offer transfer promotions considering it doesn't really mean anything to them where your domain is hosted. Our margins are typically pretty slim to the point of most domains are close to their actual cost. ACH can be a good option for bulk orders as it would eliminate credit card fees.

Our parent company manages .gay, and with that said we would treat it the same way even if that wasn't the case. There are many social or cultural specific TLDs, and we sell domains, so that means we promote .green, .asia, .lat, .eco, .lgbt ,and more. We strongly support what our colleagues at .gay are doing: it is the first TLD to ban hate and donate a consistent percentage of its revenue to LGBTQ+ organizations, having raised over $180,000. Identifying as LGBTQ+ is not a cause, and promoting domains whether it is .com or .lgbt is our passion and job. We're glad to work with .gay and other TLDs that make our job more engaging. I would never usually recommend this but perhaps your best bet is to use our industry-best platform and unsubscribe from our marketing, if that is what you are trying to avoid. Thank you for being a customer and have a great day.

•••
We've looked at Sedo integration in the past, their system is more complex and thus it's been hard for us to support as a small registrar team. That said, as others have noted, now may be a good time for us to revisit.

Registries rarely offer transfer promotions considering it doesn't really mean anything to them where your domain is hosted. Our margins are typically pretty slim to the point of most domains are close to their actual cost. ACH can be a good option for bulk orders as it would eliminate credit card fees.

Our parent company manages .gay, and with that said we would treat it the same way even if that wasn't the case. There are many social or cultural specific TLDs, and we sell domains, so that means we promote .green, .asia, .lat, .eco, .lgbt ,and more. We strongly support what our colleagues at .gay are doing: it is the first TLD to ban hate and donate a consistent percentage of its revenue to LGBTQ+ organizations, having raised over $180,000. Identifying as LGBTQ+ is not a cause, and promoting domains whether it is .com or .lgbt is our passion and job. We're glad to work with .gay and other TLDs that make our job more engaging. I would never usually recommend this but perhaps your best bet is to use our industry-best platform and unsubscribe from our marketing, if that is what you are trying to avoid. Thank you for being a customer and have a great day.

++1 on adding Sedo integration. That's a huge feature, now that markets have changed and one of the few things other registrars have that the Bun doesn't. Love you guys - I'm slowly but surely making you my primary registrar!

•••
@Porkbun fixed everything! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :xf.love:

I will not let my most precious domains expire again!

Thanks @Porkbun for helping me out!

•••
Love me some Porkbun! Glad to see you folks on here!

•••
Does anyone know, how to hide my old domain names (which i don't own them anymore) on Domain Management?
I'm not sure why, but yes, sometimes a sold domain remains visible in your Porkbun account, even though it has been transferred to another registrar a long time ago. You can easily remove such a domain from your Porkbun account through the Details▼ section of the domain, and then click Remove Domain -> Submit Request. In my case, the domain in question was removed immediately and automatically.

1651452426603.png

Last edited:
•••
With such a large portfolio, do you have an account manager at Porkbun, or is that not something they offer? I am thinking of moving more names to them, but I am not sure if you get any special privileges or discounts if you have many names with them.
Hi @Embrand

Unlike my GoDaddy account, I don't have an account manager at Porkbun and I'm not sure if Porkbun uses such a model for their customers. Probably not. But when something is going on, there is always very direct, pleasant and adequate contact with a small team, and things are actually solved. That is definitely a breath of fresh air.

As far as discounts are concerned, Porkbun already has pretty much the lowest prices for both small and large customers. As far as I know, no distinction is made between them. However, you can still receive even lower rates with an ACH Only account, that's where you can add balance in advance.

Maybe @Porkbun can tell some more about this.

Last edited:
•••
Hello @Porkbun,

One thing I'm urgently missing while managing my large portfolio with you, is the ability to delete domains in bulk.

Could you please make it a priority to implement such a feature?

I'd appreciate it, thank you.
Thanks for the feedback mate, I've added to our development queue to see if we can get this rolled out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back