NameSilo

Pizza.com for sale @ Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you think it will go for? :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pizza is a $30.9 billion industry. Who is going to care about a couple million on this domain name?

•••
bfluid said:
Pizza is a $30.9 billion industry. Who is going to care about a couple million on this domain name?

That's pretty much what I've been thinking. Great name, huge industy, lots of competitors. This is a sure fire way to get instant brand recognition.

•••
bfluid said:
Who is going to care about a couple million on this domain name?
Well, I suppose if the pizza-food giants are going to be loose with their money, they could justify the purchase by simply knowing it kept their direct competitors from getting the name.

•••
GreenGambler said:
bfluid said:

That's pretty much what I've been thinking. Great name, huge industy, lots of competitors. This is a sure fire way to get instant brand recognition.
Sure, but how many people out there associate word "pizza" with actual word "pizza .com" and how many millions associate it with either the word "Dominos" or "PizzaHut"? When people think "pizza", they think existing brand names, not the actual product. Same for the soft drink industry. Coka Cola or Pepsi doesn't care for "softdrink.com" domain. They know when you think "soft drinks" you think of either brand.

VV said:
bfluid said:
Who is going to care about a couple million on this domain name?
Well, I suppose if the pizza-food giants are going to be loose with their money, they could justify the purchase by simply knowing it kept their direct competitors from getting the name.
I bet they would rather spend those few millions on some high PR ad campaign around their brand name rather a domain name that might actually promote their competing brands at the same time.

I think the domain name is only valuable to a new startup who wants to build a pizza brand called Pizza.com (a very 2.0 way of ordering pizza - imagine doing so through Facebook, MySpace... with orders going to your local franchise shops... big potential).

•••
Artashes said:
Sure, but how many people out there associate word "pizza" with actual word "pizza .com" and how many millions associate it with either the word "Dominos" or "PizzaHut"? When people think "pizza", they think existing brand names, not the actual product. Same for the soft drink industry. Coka Cola or Pepsi doesn't care for "softdrink.com" domain. They know when you think "soft drinks" you think of either brand.

I hear what you are saying with the soda. But I think that pizza is a different story. I myself love to eat at a variety of pizza shops. When I think of pizza I think of cheese, sauce and flat bread. I don't think of a brand.

From the local small town pizza places to the big name chains. I would imagine the number of softdrink companies is small when compared to the number of pizza brands/resturaunts. Also the term "soft drink, soda, pop, sodie-pop, sodie" still seems quite vauge in comparison to the term "pizza". Is the soft drink or soda a cola, citrus drink, kool-aid, energy drink, seltzer water, etc..etc.. IMO
Pizza is Pizza.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
GreenGambler said:
I myself love to eat at a variety of pizza shops. When I think of pizza I think of cheese, sauce and flat bread. I don't think of a brand. [...]

From the local small town pizza places to the big name chains. I would imagine the number of softdrink companies is small when compared to the number of pizza brands/resturaunts.
We are alike when it comes to thinking of "pizza". However, most people, ourselves included, still can relate the word pizza to biggest pizza brands in the world. Even ready-to-eat, frozen pizzas have their own recognizable brands nowadays. Those famous commercials: "Its not delivery, its "_______"." Why won't they market the word "pizza" in the ads? They focus on their brand because that's what sells.

As far as the rest of pizza places our there, if you look closely, are usually locally run places. They are boutique pizza resto/bars, but usually they are not big chains, deep majority of them are family run shops. Few of them will afford a few million on a domain name.

Anyway, I just hope that whoever is getting the name understands its nature and make the best of it. Or, if it is a large chain acquiring it, it will most likely be used for PR purposes.

•••
how much would pizzas.com be worth then?

•••
BigSotong.com said:
how much would pizzas.com be worth then?
Low-Mid $xxx,xxx in my unprofessional opinion. :)

•••
bfluid said:

high xx,xxx to low 1xx,xxx

•••
The highest bid has dropped to 2.5M again :)

•••
RezaS said:

Hmm. I wonder if the bidder backed out, was a mistake bid or if Sedo investigated the bid and found it to be faudulent. Curious.

•••
2.6 million to create a cyber world advertising ?
from a media site, 2.6 million is a very reasonable prices .........

2.6 million ? what type of advertising space u have in real world ???

and the slogan can be " you are watching 2.6 million Pizza" :)

•••
This name will pay for itself a few times over in the years to come.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
c'mon then all you domainers - you all know your stuff - and you know domains better than anyone - what would YOU pay for pizza.com IF you had $20m in the bank .... or would you?

•••
dax44 said:
c'mon then all you domainers - you all know your stuff - and you know domains better than anyone - what would YOU pay for pizza.com IF you had $20m in the bank .... or would you?

No I would'nt, I'd rather have a few country names to develop like Scotland.com

....To be honest if I had $20m in the bank I'd be doing other things instead, life is short and you only get one ! :D

•••
dax44 said:
I wouldn't pay more than $100k for pizza.com, and that is only if I had an actual business model ready for exploitation for it as well.

•••
Artashes said:
I wouldn't pay more than $100k for pizza.com, and that is only if I had an actual business model ready for exploitation for it as well.

If a company is ready to splash out 2.5 mill or more for a domain, they better have a good business model up their sleeve ;)

•••
bfluid said:
well stipulated.

Artashes said:
So we can take it you're not bidding on this?

Would be curious what the reserve would be 'if' one of y'all owned this name... :|

•••
ThreeD said:
If a company is ready to splash out 2.5 mill or more for a domain, they better have a good business model up their sleeve ;)

why not just as an investment, like many other high profile domains?

it would be a waste , of course.

•••
RezaS said:
Current bid 2.6M

I think the problem was "bidder 23" .. 6 bids removed.

•••
EG.domains said:
Current bid 2.6M

I think the problem was "bidder 23" .. 6 bids removed.

Some people find it amusing to place bids for fun on sedo :D. The last month it happened me twice that a buyer backs out... Maybe Sedo should ask for more information before they let people bid on Sedo :bingo:

•••
RezaS said:
Some people find it amusing to place bids for fun on sedo :D. The last month it happened me twice that a buyer backs out... Maybe Sedo should ask for more information before they let people bid on Sedo :bingo:

definitely.
we all agree on this.
for a sale of this kind the bidders should have to be scrutinised and approved in some way

•••
arnie said:
definitely.
we all agree on this.
for a sale of this kind the bidders should have to be scrutinised and approved in some way

That was my thoughts exactly.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back