IT.COM

Pizza.com for sale @ Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you think it will go for? :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
arnie said:
Seller is very happy and confident of sale outcome it seems.
A life changing sale for him:

Story and Link here

Excellent, what a great story :tu: I can't wait to see who bought it !

•••
Easydoms said:
Will be interesting to see what pops up and who got it!!

Whois still shows orginal owner. It's still not in escrow. Those bids seemed legitimate to me, but you never know.
gazzip said:
Excellent, what a great story :tu: I can't wait to see who bought it !

•••
•••
Charley said:
Whois still shows orginal owner. It's still not in escrow. Those bids seemed legitimate to me, but you never know.

It takes time to process a transaction of this size. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a month.

•••
•••
•••
GF4444 said:
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=73793

Here's a video of the news story.

Cool, whoever bought it is going to get ALOT more press exposure, that alone could be worth a small fortune.

Great name, great story and a great result for the seller :tu:

•••
GF4444 said:

Thanks for sharing GF4444. That's awsome to see it broadcast on the news. I hope it makes HeadLine news. IMO anytime a big sale like this happens, and it makes the news, it's a good day to be a domainer! And probably some small percentage, like 2% or something, of people who watch that will become domainers eventually ( i hope ).

•••
•••
"The dotcom guy" did not originally sell him this name.

He never owned it. He never sold it. Not for $6, $60 or $60K.

I knew something seemed funny about that claim when he first posted it.

Booooo! Shame on you. :|

Take your fairy tales somewhere else, perhaps down the street to the children's daycare center. They would probably enjoy them more than we do. I heard Jack in the Beanstalk and Marry had a Little Lamb were getting old. Go... tell them the story of Dotcom Guy and the Magic Pizza Domain.

•••
I thought it cost more than $20 to register domains in 1994? according to the newspaper article the owner only spent $20 to register it? The aftermath has brought a semi pizza buzz which is starting to die down a bit.. I noticed pizza.net on auction at godaddy..fastpizzapizza at great domains/sedo also saw expresspizza.com, and expressopizza.com somewhere as well can't remember, but can't wait to see what they do with pizza.com.....

•••
GF4444 said:

Wow PIZZA.COM sale was in my local newspaper today! (Riga, Latvia)
A very small article about how this guy spent only $20 yearly and sold it for $2,6mill.

Have you seen any other offline publicity for this sale?

•••
ssamriga said:

Nope. I think it will come once the sale goes through.

•••
domainman101 said:
I thought it cost more than $20 to register domains in 1994?

If I recall, it was free at first. Then, it was $50 per year - this was about the time InterNIC stopped registering and NetworkSolutions began. I don't recall $20 per year.

•••
ssamriga said:
Wow PIZZA.COM sale was in my local newspaper today! (Riga, Latvia)
A very small article about how this guy spent only $20 yearly and sold it for $2,6mill.

There was an article in the best selling UK newspaper last week on it and also about other domain sales.

•••
StoneRoses said:
There was an article in the best selling UK newspaper last week on it and also about other domain sales.

But nothing has really happened between the buyer & seller.

•••
funny how the article ends

"But he does have a regret: not buying more domains.

"In '94, you could have just registered everything and anything," Clark said. "I think about that now, yeah."
"

guess its never enough for some people :)

•••
Looks like the Whois Record has been changed ! - Do you think its still in the process of being transferred to the new owner or do they just not want anyone to know who they are ? Probably bought by a domainer if this is the case.

Privacy protect email address

Registrant:
Registration, Private
ATTN: PIZZA.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

•••
gazzip said:
Looks like the Whois Record has been changed ! - Do you think its still in the process of being transferred to the new owner or do they just not want anyone to know who they are ? Probably bought by a domainer if this is the case.

Privacy protect email address

Registrant:
Registration, Private
ATTN: PIZZA.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

I can guarantee it that it`s still with Chris.

•••
italiandragon said:
I can guarantee it that it`s still with Chris.

It still is. These details haven't changed one bit.

Updated Date: 22-jun-2006
Creation Date: 17-jun-1994
Expiration Date: 16-jun-2012

Also, the name servers remain the same.

•••
DHS said:
If I recall, it was free at first. Then, it was $50 per year - this was about the time InterNIC stopped registering and NetworkSolutions began. I don't recall $20 per year.

The $20/ years is most likely just an estimated average. Nothing exact I'm sure.

•••
any update on this domain sale?

•••
It have not shown on DNJ yet!

•••
trlsker01 said:
And it will not until it's paid for and exchanges hands.

•••
trlsker01 said:

I guess not. And I'm pretty sure this is an invalid sale really.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back