Dynadot

Phone calls for domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Keral_Patel

I'll do itRestricted (Chatroom)
Impact
I usually develop my domains and there is always some kind of contact information on my website. (Yes the guy could have taken it from the WHOIS info but I doubt it)

So anyway the story is that I was washing hands as I just returned from outside. (All that washing hands due to COVID) and the phone rings. I finish washing hands haphazardly and pick it up.

Was the USA number. The guy on other end had the craziest voice I have ever heard (hoarse) and I couldn't tell what the heck he was talking about.

He goes on like XXXX.com?
I said Yes, Who is this?
XXXXXX.com?

I couldn't make out which .com he was referring to. LOL

But I thought it looks like someone got my number from some website. So I just said, "Yes how can I help you?"

He now speaks clearly: "No Way!!! No Way!!! DAMN!!!"

I again repeated: "Yes how can I help you?"

He says: "Okay I will call you later." and cuts the phone.

I do have a phone recording app. So just listened to this conversation carefully and then I was able to make out which website he was referring to. It is 15 years since I have that and suddenly I have been getting some low ball email offers on that from some months.

Don't understand that if he didn't want to talk about anything at all then why was he calling. O_o

Anyway thought this was funny and if someone else has experienced something like this before then it would be a good discussion.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like the caller was high on something ;)

Last edited:
•••
Love the story. I had someone call me once and offer $50 for a domain.

•••
Anyone that phones is immediately asked to make an appointment in writing with their names and business and also asked at this point to submit their strongest offer it doesn't match up i don't continue which is most of time.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps he owned the domain prior to you and didn't realize that he had dropped it, saw that the site had changed, and then rang you.

Happened to me once - I got a shock to see my beloved domain with a weird landing page, and my blood went cold!

•••
Perhaps he owned the domain prior to you and didn't realize that he had dropped it, saw that the site had changed, and then rang you.

Happened to me once - I got a shock to see my beloved domain with a weird landing page, and my blood went cold!
I have dropped named for it to happen calls on domains no longer own but replied once to a thread about getting help to get back a domain they accidentally dropped turned out i sold it and still had old ads thinking i had it back which had to address and then point them to huge.

Last edited:
•••

Only 2 owners so far. One was the guy who registered it and Second is me who purchased it from him 15 years ago. I don't think someone realizes their mistake 15 years down the line.

Usually, this are low balling scammers.

As soon as I am posting this thread here. Another scammer pops up. He see my signature, checks WHOIS. And calls me but keeps saying that his brother called me earlier and now he has the money and he will be buying it. I asked again which domain name? And he had no clue. He kept saying that his brother talked with me. So I started throwing low end names at him. hahaha. Anyway, he can keep thinking that he is smart, the truth is he will remain the same wannabe that he currently is.

Last edited:
•••
Only 2 owners so far. One was the guy who registered it and Second is me who purchased it from him 15 years ago. I don't think someone realizes their mistake 15 years down the line.

Usually, this are low balling scammers.

As soon as I am posting this thread here. Another scammer pops up. He see my signature, checks WHOIS. And calls me but keeps saying that his brother called me earlier and now he has the money and he will be buying it. I asked again which domain name? And he had no clue. He kept saying that his brother talked with me. So I started throwing low end names at him. hahaha. Anyway, he can keep thinking that he is smart, the truth is he will remain the same wannabe that he currently is.

NP is indexed in search and is open to non-members, so there are a few dodgy people lurking.
It's not difficult to trace scammers, spammers and hackers most of the time. It just takes a bit of knowledge and time. Good luck!

•••
NP is indexed in search and is open to non-members, so there are a few dodgy people lurking.
It's not difficult to trace scammers, spammers and hackers most of the time. It just takes a bit of knowledge and time. Good luck!

True. Especially when they make a phone call in the age of True caller and Social media. :ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back