NameSilo

discuss Calls from India

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
3,690
It's only Noon and I have already had 4 different website design firms from India call my cell phone! I keep telling all of them never to call me again but it does no good. One such Indian firm called me every single day for 3 months!!! I know it was them because the caller id always just showed a W instead of a phone number.

Any business person in the US can be fined big bucks for harassing people by phone who have asked to be removed from calling lists. But these Indian firms seem to be getting away with mass harassment of US citizens without any recourse.
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I haven't gotten a call in a couple months but plenty of emails every day. Last couple of calls I received I tried selling them SEO/Web Design domains, maybe that had something to do with them stopping.
 
1
•••
I have 1000s of domains so I HAD to solve this problem, or I would just be spending the whole day cleaning up my inbox.

1) Get a gmail account, they are very good at stopping most spam. I pay google apps for business to connect my domain name to their gmail. Worth every penny. Almost 0 spam in my inbox.

2) List a fake phone # no end user ever is going to call you over a whois listed phone. My phone was ringing off the hook before this, and early in the morning too, woke me up almost every day.

My favourite one was this guy who calls and hangs up from a US skype # and then expects you to call him back because he has no credits for actual spam calls :laugh::laugh::laugh: the funny thing is I always call back missed calls.

I get some contact form spam from my sites direct but its just a few per day nothing that I can not handle.
 
4
•••
lol.... I actually had 2 calls, about a week ago from Gowebby......I responded to both calls the same way :)

Step 1: - Put the call on Speaker so u can carry on working or doing whatever it was you were doing.

Step 2: - Doesn't matter if the caller is male or female (your objective is to freak them out so they don't call you again)

Step3: When they starting give you the pitch, cut them off and ask them "What are you wearing?"
- This is generally followed by silence, then they might carry on with the pitch or they ask you "Sir, what do you mean?" - Then you respond, "I want to know what you are wearing because I'm naked and you sound very sexy and I am very turned on right now and am touching myself"

Step 4: They put the phone down and never call back :)


Ha ha ha, what a response..
 
1
•••
So have you guys been getting the new calls from India where they claim to be from the US government grants dept and claiming that you have been awarded a grant? I have had 3 such calls this week. I said "Great, mail me a check!" pause, then he says "Ok, what's your address?" I said "You're from the US government and I've been awarded a grant, but you don't know my address?" pause, then he says "Don't play with me."
 
3
•••
Received a number of calls too and I just keep them dreaming and waiting for me to order their service.
 
1
•••
Whoever are receiving calls from the so called "GoWebby" - I would like to know the exact company name? There are two companies with similar names but miles apart: One is GoWebbyGo and other is GoWebBaby. Which one is the culprit?

@JimJammy , @korganian, @deez007 - any help about identifying them?
 
0
•••
2) List a fake phone # no end user ever is going to call you over a whois listed phone. My phone was ringing off the hook before this, and early in the morning too, woke me up almost every day


I haven't gotten phone calls yet from a enduser. but I received calls from brokers and I've done a deal over inbound call so I disagree with this unfortunately
 
1
•••
Maybe I should change my whois to a adult industry 1900 phone number ......
I refeived about 10
I haven't gotten phone calls yet from a enduser. but I received calls from brokers and I've done a deal over inbound call so I disagree with this unfortunately
if an end user really wants your domain, they will track you down - even if your whois number is a fake...
 
0
•••
I refeived about 10

if an end user really wants your domain, they will track you down - even if your whois number is a fake...

I know when I try to broker a name or buy. If the info is fake I just move on to another name.
 
0
•••
I haven't gotten phone calls yet from a enduser. but I received calls from brokers and I've done a deal over inbound call so I disagree with this unfortunately

The sheer amount of calls became a problem. An end user who needs a domain and is serious about acquisition will email if the phone does not answer. There is a contact form on all my domains, this is 99% of all my sales. The other 1% finds my email on the page.

It is only my suggestion, somebody may well get calls from end users but I personally do not.
 
0
•••
The sheer amount of calls became a problem. An end user who needs a domain and is serious about acquisition will email if the phone does not answer. There is a contact form on all my domains, this is 99% of all my sales. The other 1% finds my email on the page.

It is only my suggestion, somebody may well get calls from end users but I personally do not.
Whoever uses the phone to buy a domain is still loving in the 80's.
 
0
•••
Whoever uses the phone to buy a domain is still loving in the 80's.

I guess you never bought a name on the phone.

Deals are so much easier on the phone.
 
2
•••
How do you buy over the phone?

Do you just give your credit card number to someone you dont trust?
 
1
•••
How you buy over the phone

discuss the purchase /terms
make a agreement.
give instructions how do do the transaction if needed.
Phone call is much more effective then a email.
Phone calls get deals done faster imo
 
2
•••
You can do all that once you have initiated discussion via email. You can give them your phone number in an email. By including a phone number in whois then expect to talk to 30 indians every day.
 
0
•••
You can do all that once you have initiated discussion via email. You can give them your phone number in an email. By including a phone number in whois then expect to talk to 30 indians every day.

Which is true I'm not disagreeing with you there.
But a straight phone call is more direct.
 
1
•••
Dont mind talking to an end user...but hate talking to a web developer about a service I do not need.
 
1
•••
Dont mind talking to an end user...but hate talking to a web developer about a service I do not need.

I completely agree with you. I can't stand all these calls I get from India it drives me insane too.
 
1
•••
Yesterday the same person called me 5 times in a row and each time they called they asked about a different domain name. I told them I had just spoken to them and wasn't interested so why are you calling me again about a different domain. In the end I swore at them. Believe it or not a minute later they called back about a different domain. I couldn't even block them because they used a silent number.
 
0
•••
I have just been answering the phone and before they can even talk I say " whoa, whoa , whoa, hold on don't say a word, I am a psychic and let me guess. Your name is majdee and you want to build my website. correct ? " to my amusement a few have actually been named Majdee.. most hang up. One guy said, quite excitedly I might add " Yes. Yes I am Majdee, you are a very good psychic sir."

I do like the whistle idea though. :-D

Truthfully over all it does't really bother me. I only answer when I want too .The numbers are obvious and friends or true inquiries leave messages. The reason it doesnt bother me is I have had to make sales calls myself. Calling someone cold is real hard for most people. The constant rejection most can't take. I can't imagine if I could barely speak the language. They are people too and merely trying to make a living for their families. I actually admire the fact that they try such a tough gig. Unlike %50 of our society that takes handouts... I often wish them luck when I get off the phone JMO
 
3
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back