Dynadot

discuss Calls from India

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It's only Noon and I have already had 4 different website design firms from India call my cell phone! I keep telling all of them never to call me again but it does no good. One such Indian firm called me every single day for 3 months!!! I know it was them because the caller id always just showed a W instead of a phone number.

Any business person in the US can be fined big bucks for harassing people by phone who have asked to be removed from calling lists. But these Indian firms seem to be getting away with mass harassment of US citizens without any recourse.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get those people every single day too!!!!!!
sometimes it goes to voicemail, and they think my greeting message is actually me and start saying hello and when obviously there's no answer, THEY DON'T HANG UP! I have 5 minutes of voicemail sometimes of just background noise!

I tried telling them too a million times to not call, but they still do. Sometimes if I'm in the mood I act very interested sarcastically "OMGGG WHAT AN AMAZING DEAL, PLEASE TELL ME MORE! I'M SOOO INTERESTED", then after a while, I hang up.

But the whistle idea mentioned above sounds like an awesome idea. If it was 2-3 calls a week I wouldn't care, but 4-5 calls a day with different numbers and now with "unkown number", I don't have much pity anymore.

•••
thinking of changing my whois phone number to a web developer's number in India - so they can ring and harass each other all day long.
This is genius :D

•••
I am in India and yes they annoy you every single day with emails,calls and smses

•••
tried calling couple back.. always same guy answering. maybe work from home? maybe its an office.. not sure.

so sometimes I put my computer on redial for while. I hope this gives taste of their medicine and they get the point.

•••
Maybe I should change my whois to a adult industry 1900 phone number ......

•••
•••
Sometimes I am playing my guitar and I put the phone next to the amp, sometimes I answer and just put the phone down and walk away. Sometimes I do not give them a chance to talk and tell them I do not want web design, it's about that point they hang up on me. Blanket statement ......... "I will never deal with any of these wankers" As for emails, I now add them to my block list ..... it's growing every day lately
Playing the guitar is great way to keep yourself quiet from the noisy phones,lol.

•••
I use the master call blocker app. My block list is as long as my arm. I strongly recommend it. Great for blocking PPI claim calls, Accident claim calls and SEO/development companies in India, and anyone else you don't like.

•••
We all get it, I am bombarded with PPI and accident claim calls and messages non stop, including stupid Indian callers telling me that I have had an accident not even asking me if I have which is outrageous.

Anyway you need serious thick skin to deal with all this but I wish there was a way to stop anything coming from India both phone calls and emails, sort of like a mass block. The domain availability emails like ffrt-h.com etc. I get flooded with daily are also very very annoying and are unblockable it seems.

Love the whistle idea I think I should look into buying one soon.

•••
Lol..huh? Okay this is news to me....whats this talk about "acccident claim calls" ?? I've never received those... I feel left out now :( hahaahah

•••
Lol..huh? Okay this is news to me....whats this talk about "acccident claim calls" ?? I've never received those... I feel left out now :( hahaahah

Don't worry, unless you fancy being told you have broken your leg you're not missing out on all that much.
PPI spam is horrendous I get a ton of these calls and automated messages.

Lately I haven't had as many Indian spam phone calls but emails a ton of them the whole time.

•••
Don't worry, unless you fancy being told you have broken your leg you're not missing out on all that much.
PPI spam is horrendous I get a ton of these calls and automated messages.

Lately I haven't had as many Indian spam phone calls but emails a ton of them the whole time.

Jeepers man.... that sounds like to end up being a a royal pain in the @ss

•••
I am also from India and i will contact you soon.
Thanks

•••
I get around 20 calls a day from Indian Web designers and about 10 calls a day from automated loan calls.

It really irritating so I try to mess with every guy that calls me make them feel just as irritated

•••
I get around 20 calls a day from Indian Web designers and about 10 calls a day from automated loan calls.

It really irritating so I try to mess with every guy that calls me make them feel just as irritated

Ouch that is horrendous, 30 a day I would just get rid of my phone line at that rate or like someone says change my whois contact number to one of the Indian spammer SEO/designer companies just to punish them.

Some great ideas in this thread!

•••
I haven't gotten a call in a couple months but plenty of emails every day. Last couple of calls I received I tried selling them SEO/Web Design domains, maybe that had something to do with them stopping.

•••
I have 1000s of domains so I HAD to solve this problem, or I would just be spending the whole day cleaning up my inbox.

1) Get a gmail account, they are very good at stopping most spam. I pay google apps for business to connect my domain name to their gmail. Worth every penny. Almost 0 spam in my inbox.

2) List a fake phone # no end user ever is going to call you over a whois listed phone. My phone was ringing off the hook before this, and early in the morning too, woke me up almost every day.

My favourite one was this guy who calls and hangs up from a US skype # and then expects you to call him back because he has no credits for actual spam calls :laugh::laugh::laugh: the funny thing is I always call back missed calls.

I get some contact form spam from my sites direct but its just a few per day nothing that I can not handle.

•••
lol.... I actually had 2 calls, about a week ago from Gowebby......I responded to both calls the same way :)

Step 1: - Put the call on Speaker so u can carry on working or doing whatever it was you were doing.

Step 2: - Doesn't matter if the caller is male or female (your objective is to freak them out so they don't call you again)

Step3: When they starting give you the pitch, cut them off and ask them "What are you wearing?"
- This is generally followed by silence, then they might carry on with the pitch or they ask you "Sir, what do you mean?" - Then you respond, "I want to know what you are wearing because I'm naked and you sound very sexy and I am very turned on right now and am touching myself"

Step 4: They put the phone down and never call back :)

Ha ha ha, what a response..

•••
So have you guys been getting the new calls from India where they claim to be from the US government grants dept and claiming that you have been awarded a grant? I have had 3 such calls this week. I said "Great, mail me a check!" pause, then he says "Ok, what's your address?" I said "You're from the US government and I've been awarded a grant, but you don't know my address?" pause, then he says "Don't play with me."

•••
Received a number of calls too and I just keep them dreaming and waiting for me to order their service.

•••
Whoever are receiving calls from the so called "GoWebby" - I would like to know the exact company name? There are two companies with similar names but miles apart: One is GoWebbyGo and other is GoWebBaby. Which one is the culprit?

@JimJammy , @korganian, @deez007 - any help about identifying them?

•••
2) List a fake phone # no end user ever is going to call you over a whois listed phone. My phone was ringing off the hook before this, and early in the morning too, woke me up almost every day

I haven't gotten phone calls yet from a enduser. but I received calls from brokers and I've done a deal over inbound call so I disagree with this unfortunately

•••
Maybe I should change my whois to a adult industry 1900 phone number ......
I refeived about 10
I haven't gotten phone calls yet from a enduser. but I received calls from brokers and I've done a deal over inbound call so I disagree with this unfortunately
if an end user really wants your domain, they will track you down - even if your whois number is a fake...

•••
I refeived about 10

if an end user really wants your domain, they will track you down - even if your whois number is a fake...

I know when I try to broker a name or buy. If the info is fake I just move on to another name.

•••

The sheer amount of calls became a problem. An end user who needs a domain and is serious about acquisition will email if the phone does not answer. There is a contact form on all my domains, this is 99% of all my sales. The other 1% finds my email on the page.

It is only my suggestion, somebody may well get calls from end users but I personally do not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back