IT.COM

Pheenix.com - Drop Catching Service - Please Share Your Experiences

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just signed up with Pheenix.com, a new drop catching service by the owners for FreshDrop, and would like to know your experience with them. Has anyone won a domain with them? Any issues in getting the domains put in your name/in your account?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What will happen with Pheenix expired domains? Will they be "available soon" so that we can bid? or they let them expired and drop?
Thanks

•••
What will happen with Pheenix expired domains? Will they be "available soon" so that we can bid? or they let them expired and drop?
Thanks

I think Pheenix has started its own marketplace for the names that have started expiring from their system. And I was able to secure a decent 2 keywords name day before.

•••
And I was able to secure a decent 2 keywords name day before.

Just saw your name over there, you are bidding on a domain I dropped LOL

•••
Just saw your name over there, you are bidding on a domain I dropped LOL

lol umm I am bidding on 3, not just one ;) which is it tho?

•••
PennDesign.com

...since you are not intimidated by the competition :)

•••
PennDesign.com

...since you are not intimidated by the competition :)

I was iffy about it in the first place, however, went ahead with the bid since I own a tutorial site at DesigningTips.com :)

•••
I have just joined up with these guys and placed a back order for tomorrow. I like the simple style of the site and the price is OK.

Let's see how successful they are but all good so far. All made very simple and transparent.

Best,
Paul

•••
Just wanted to say that they are SUPER fast with the transfer out process. Clicked a few buttons and had the authorization code within a few minutes.

-Omar

•••
I have just joined up with these guys and placed a back order for tomorrow. I like the simple style of the site and the price is OK.

Let's see how successful they are but all good so far. All made very simple and transparent.

Best,
Paul

Did you get it Paul?

•••
Hi NPs,

My experience with Pheenix is that they are not very successful on higher demand names. I have back ordered every LLLL, NNNNN, and some sought after brandables and the score is 1/44 since last week so I stopped. The UI is simple, price is cheap but as long as they do not catch .... not much I can recommend. Also my Browser is warning me about some outdated security protection system Pheenix has. I am bit worried :)

•••
Yes I agree.

I haven't been able to grab anything good (or anything at all) with them for a LONG time now.

•••
The reason I do not backorder anything with them anymore :(

•••
•••
today i can't access their site.. is only for me??

•••

Same here, down for me. On the other forum someone mentioned the domain is up for sale at Sedo. I checked, it was for Make Offer. Have no idea if that is something new or not. gorilla_bob, the owner, hasn't made a post here since Jan 27, 2015, I think it would be nice for some sort of update with what's happening with the service.

•••
Same here, down for me. On the other forum someone mentioned the domain is up for sale at Sedo. I checked, it was for Make Offer. Have no idea if that is something new or not. gorilla_bob, the owner, hasn't made a post here since Jan 27, 2015, I think it would be nice for some sort of update with what's happening with the service.

i've some domain with them and they are online, i think maybe they are running some maintainance..

•••
same here. I've just sent an email to support.

•••
•••

@pablohc86 - I haven't checked personally. But it's been like that for me for more than a month already. That and the news that the domain is for sale on Sedo seems to tell me there is no development there anymore. Heck. In an experiment testing Pheenix and Dyndaot just recently, Dynadot won most of the domains (reported in another thread because couldn't find his one at the time).

@muttus - You should consider 1/44 a success considering the quality of the domains you are backordering as Pheenix.

•••
pheenix was very good for me. I had a credit balance, and I just withdrew it a few weeks ago because I wasnt having any success. I hope this isnt the end of the road and they can get back to being a viable alternative.

•••
Question (stupid one probably). What happens to any domains we had in pheenix as our Registrar if they go down? Do they get lost into cyberdomain space?

-Omar

•••
ICANN have procedures in place these days to move the domains to another registrar if the existing registrar goes down.

•••
They already replied me.. They had a issue yesterday
All is working now

•••
ICANN have procedures in place these days to move the domains to another registrar if the existing registrar goes down.

I've had a registrar go 'down' while using SnapNames... my domain went from a shoddy registrar who unfortunately had their CEO pass away, and the domain went to some kind of fly-by-night registrar and I couldn't get the domain out; so it was gone to the wind and forgotten.

It's a shame Pheenix is having problems... there service is excellent, the orders are cheap, and their transfer process is fast.

I think as soon as FreshDrop was having 'issues' this should have been expected.

I move all of my domains out to GoDaddy, so I don't have many with Pheenix; but I will be speeding up the process.

•••
I've had a registrar go 'down' while using SnapNames... my domain went from a shoddy registrar who unfortunately had their CEO pass away, and the domain went to some kind of fly-by-night registrar and I couldn't get the domain out; so it was gone to the wind and forgotten.

It's a shame Pheenix is having problems... there service is excellent, the orders are cheap, and their transfer process is fast.

I think as soon as FreshDrop was having 'issues' this should have been expected.

I move all of my domains out to GoDaddy, so I don't have many with Pheenix; but I will be speeding up the process.
Lol
All businesses have issues.
I instead evaluate services based on how they solve issues.
In this case, yesterday I saw the issue and I submitted a ticket.
They replied within 24h and also within 24h the service is working.
If I want to be accurate the time is around 12h. I think everything is more than reasonable

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back