IT.COM

Lists daily with value, stats and drop catching service - how to price such services?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zilvinas

Upgraded Member
Impact
Hi domainers,

I've been developing a domain catching software with 11 other Java developers for around 5 months now. The prime cost of one domain capture is less than 1$ (server costs, but working with client's api keys), especially if more domains are captured per day, although I see that competitors sell for 100$+ not to mention the dropcatch company which some domains go even up to 6 figures. Of course valuable domains (5K+$) can't be caught yet (highest was childrenhomes.com (4,4K$)), because you need to become a domain registry and get access to the EPP protocol, but some ccTLDs are quite easy. I also have a system that sends emails every morning which domains will expire that day with stats like GD value, DA, PA, links and then choose the ones to catch on that day.

I wonder if someone could advise how to market and how to price such services? Because actually it is 2 in one - lists and drop catching service for provided domains from the list.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back