Dynadot

Pheenix.com - Drop Catching Service - Please Share Your Experiences

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just signed up with Pheenix.com, a new drop catching service by the owners for FreshDrop, and would like to know your experience with them. Has anyone won a domain with them? Any issues in getting the domains put in your name/in your account?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am short on budget and won't touch the big drop -catchers yet. Just trying to test waters.
DO you think if I add dozens of such domains to my pheenix account, they will surely catch some of them?
This might be a personal question but how many domains do you try to catch everyday at pheenix and how many times do they succeed for you?
Thanks

•••
As I have said, and repeat. They won't catch many/any domains if there are backorders elsewhere, but will catch most/all domains if there are no backorders elsewhere.Pheenix succeeds most of the time with my backorders I place with them. Isn't that clear enough for you?

•••
They were able to catch a domain and now it is gone in private auction. There are 8 bidders and Its been 10 hours and nobody's bidding. :-o
DO these auctions work like ebay? People wait for the last minute to bid? God I 'll have to wait three more days. :D

•••
Anyone else having problems receiving your auth codes from Pheenix today?I requested them about 6 hours ago and nothing. Usually receive them right away...

•••
They were able to catch a domain and now it is gone in private auction. There are 8 bidders and Its been 10 hours and nobody's bidding. :-o
DO these auctions work like ebay? People wait for the last minute to bid? God I 'll have to wait three more days. :D

Yes. People bid in the last few minutes (mostly).

•••
Just curious: do they also backorder (and catch) .info domains?

•••
•••
Then why do they let me add a backorder on .info domain and list it on my "backorder" section?
Uhm, a bug?

•••
Probably. They only take backorders for .com/.net/.tv/.cc domains.

•••
Does anyone know the domain renewal price for Pheenix?

•••
Pheenix.com caught LUBA.com,

Current bid $6050.

I also backordered this doman, but price went very high now

so i am a watcher now :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm also a watcher of it. Great name

•••
WHY IN THE WORLD DOES PHEENIX AUTOMATICALLY LOGS ME OUT AND NEEDS ME TO LOGIN AGAIN AFTER 5 MINUTES?

I AM ****** TIRED OF LOSING MY LIST OF BACKORDERS EVERYTIME I SPENT SOME TIME COMPILING A LIST OF BACKORDERS AND WHEN I HIT SUBMIT, BOOM LOGIN AGAIN.. WTF!!

I have typed this in CAPS because I am really pissed off right now as I have to go through this process everyday now. Should I just stop using Pheenix after spending over high $xxxx with you in past 6 months?

care to fix this?

•••
WHY IN THE WORLD DOES PHEENIX AUTOMATICALLY LOGS ME OUT AND NEEDS ME TO LOGIN AGAIN AFTER 5 MINUTES?

I AM ****** TIRED OF LOSING MY LIST OF BACKORDERS EVERYTIME I SPENT SOME TIME COMPILING A LIST OF BACKORDERS AND WHEN I HIT SUBMIT, BOOM LOGIN AGAIN.. WTF!!

I have typed this in CAPS because I am really pissed off right now as I have to go through this process everyday now. Should I just stop using Pheenix after spending over high $xxxx with you in past 6 months?

care to fix this?

Why not just compile your list on a text editor of some kind and then copy and paste it into Pheenix when you're ready?

•••
Why not just compile your list on a text editor of some kind and then copy and paste it into Pheenix when you're ready?

and why not fix the system? and what is the need for logging out within 5 minutes?

•••
and why not fix the system? and what is the need for logging out within 5 minutes?

I'm not arguing against them fixing the system. I'm making a suggestion intended to help you deal with the current problem until they fix it. My apologies for offending you.

•••
I'm not arguing against them fixing the system. I'm making a suggestion intended to help you deal with the current problem until they fix it. My apologies for offending you.

No please do not apologize, you havent said or done anything wrong, its just that there are tons of "do this", "do that" options available, however the point of my post is for Pheenix to come around clear of this problem which is troubling for their PAYING customers (with paying I mean obviously we pay for every successful BO).

•••
No please do not apologize, you havent said or done anything wrong, its just that there are tons of "do this", "do that" options available, however the point of my post is for Pheenix to come around clear of this problem which is troubling for their PAYING customers (with paying I mean obviously we pay for every successful BO).

I understand. At the moment, however, they have a bigger problem to deal with in that their system is catching nothing for the last few weeks straight. With that in mind, I have a feeling that the timeout issue is probably low on their priority list. Anyhow, I hope they resolve this problem for you as soon as possible.

•••
I understand. At the moment, however, they have a bigger problem to deal with in that their system is catching nothing for the last few weeks straight. With that in mind, I have a feeling that the timeout issue is probably low on their priority list. Anyhow, I hope they resolve this problem for you as soon as possible.

Agreed about "unable to catch anything". Pull up your socks Pheenix!! :D

•••
They caught 1 out of 2 for me on Thursday. I don't backorder daily. They probably got increased competition from DropCatch with the 100's of new registrars they just added.

•••
Guys, how is the service working for you? For days now it's been timing out for me, no matter what I'm trying to do, it's almost always ending up with connection error.

•••
Guys, how is the service working for you? For days now it's been timing out for me, no matter what I'm trying to do, it's almost always ending up with connection error.

They finally caught one, not-so-great domain name for me, which ended up in auction. I am unable to login to pheenix right now though!

•••
They finally caught one, not-so-great domain name for me, which ended up in auction. I am unable to login to pheenix right now though!

I just logged in successfully.
Though I experienced one time out today and the site build-sentences when logged in are not in a proper order-sentence is concealing other sentences.
Maybe they are preparing the website for an update in light to the increase in traffic.

•••
I just logged in successfully.
Though I experienced one time out today and the site build-sentences when logged in are not in a proper order-sentence is concealing other sentences.
Maybe they are preparing the website for an update in light to the increase in traffic.

logged in successfully now!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back