IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
traffic POO

Has anyone noticed a difference in traffic origination over the last few weeks or so? I used to get about 70% US and now my numbers seem completely different. Revenue is about the same or maybe a little down. That's a copy and paste from today below. Thanks:)

Country Name Percent
ITALY 20.58%
FRANCE 19.90%
N/A UNKNOWN COUNTRY 17.46%
GERMANY 10.60%
REPUBLIC OF KOREA 7.54%
SPAIN 6.95%
UNITED STATES 6.45%
HONG KONG 4.96%
TAIWAN 3.57%
SWITZERLAND 1.40%
PAKISTAN 0.18%
PUERTO RICO 0.18%
INDIA 0.09%
COLOMBIA 0.05%
POLAND 0.05%

•••
question, I know parked pays twice a month, but what days?

•••
•••
•••
Seems like Parked is down again. Anyone else having problems?

GIL :)

•••
Yes, getting server timed out error message.

•••
•••
leadology said:
... I used to get about 70% US and now my numbers seem completely different. ...

Similar situation here.

US traffic has gone from by far the biggest to a tiny fraction.

Definitely not plausible, must be a number crunching quirk.
:imho:

•••
It still seems to be working for me.

•••
Sleepys said:
It still seems to be working for me.

All fine for me too, both parked.com and a sample of my parked pages.
:|

•••
All right, since that bit about the router going down seems to be resolved, I'd like to ask a question. Should I customize my pages? I did a trivial bit to one to see how. Kind of a tinny interface, but you should be able to do what ever you want.

NetMeg - Yours are well done, I don't see how it could be done better. They are professional looking. Go to that "show your customized pages" thread to see them. But here is the deal: Are you getting a boost?

If it helps my case any I ran this in the Word spell checker and it wanted me to change to NutMeg :)

•••
yea, but if you type 'netmeg' into Google, Yahoo or MSN, I come up first in all three, so who ya gonna believe, the search engines, or Word?

I believe I'm seeing a significant boost. Hard to say definitively, cause I started out customizing them - didn't run them 'plain' for long enough. But from what I'm told from people who have been doing this longer than I have, I'm getting a pretty darn good return on most of them. The only ones that aren't yet are the alternative health ones, and I'm just not getting enough traffic to those yet. When I do get traffic, I get clicks, but the sampling is too small. Haven't had time to look into that though, as I'm trying to get a good two dozen consistently decent paying, extensively customized domains up and running first.

But I also think it probably depends on niche. Most of my stuff is medical or health related. Your mileage may vary.

•••
netmeg said:
yea, but if you type 'netmeg' into Google, Yahoo or MSN, I come up first in all three, so who ya gonna believe, the search engines, or Word?

I believe I'm seeing a significant boost. Hard to say definitively, cause I started out customizing them - didn't run them 'plain' for long enough. But from what I'm told from people who have been doing this longer than I have, I'm getting a pretty darn good return on most of them. The only ones that aren't yet are the alternative health ones, and I'm just not getting enough traffic to those yet. When I do get traffic, I get clicks, but the sampling is too small. Haven't had time to look into that though, as I'm trying to get a good two dozen consistently decent paying, extensively customized domains up and running first.

But I also think it probably depends on niche. Most of my stuff is medical or health related. Your mileage may vary.

It would help if you could give some figures and some instances...

Hand regged a domain -- customised --traffic goes to 10-20 uniques a day...

Some analysis like that

•••
Domain www.ToursOfJapan.com - heavily customized, 47 uniques today - zero clicks. Just as Netmeg said, it's too early to tell whether the heavy customization with lots of content and pictures encourages users to click on any link or if users are simply smarter than that, knowing that it's actually just a parked page, maybe take a look, but navigate away afterwards. My theory is that custom content, that's "coming from the heart", should overcome the "just a parked" site notion, this theory may be totally flawed though.
I'm running the tours domain completely on organic traffic, no links, no references, arbitrage,...nothing.
One thing that I would encourage parked to look into is different options of appearance (UI), Donny knows what i mean.

Other than that, everything seems to be running smooth again. Logically, my numbers for today are a bit lower, due to the outage and me pausing the campaigns. However, Donny already stated the reimbursement for downtime, which is yet another statement that they're taking good care of us.

IB

•••
Why do all of the messages from the Parked thread go to my spam folder, but all of the other messages from Namepros go to my regular folder?

•••
Should newly registered names and then parked be submitted to search engines?

Hi,

I just registered a never registered before domain that has no history in the search engines, then parked it at parked.com.

My question is: Should I go ahead and submit this domain name to be crawled? Or, will Parked.com do this automatically? Or, should this not be done at all?

Thanks very much in advance

•••
edit- got my answer Thanks

Last edited:
•••
not to be an ass :) but read the rest of the thread please. . .this questions pops up every week.

mplswifi said:
Why is it when i type my domain k-k-k-k.com to check it seems to forward to http://meanwhile.com/?domain=k-k-k-k.com and some of my other domains @parked dont have the "meanwhile" url?

Thanks
R

•••
You are so right Meg!

Sign in
Google Advanced Search
Preferences

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 8,690 for netmeg. (0.06 seconds)

Sponsored Links

Buy Essential Oils
Lavender, Sandalwood & more!
High Quality Oils @ Low Prices.
www.naturesbestoils.com

Nutritional Menu Analysis
With Nutmeg - the leading provider
of menu planning software in the UK
www.nutmeg-uk.com

Nutmeg
Find Nutmeg Online.
Shop & Save at Target.com Today.
www.Target.com

Did you mean: nutmeg

NETMEG - © 2007 Meg Geddes; Ann Arbor, Michigan.All rights inexorably reserved. And yes, I still have PMS and root password. Deal with it.
www.netmeg.org/ - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

•••
I also found parked down many times and finally I choose to become an affiliate.

•••
i have just register parked.com a minute a go... And have been waiting for the provement... Now i want to know. Is it domain promo is allowed by parked ?

•••
evilopinions said:
It would help if you could give some figures and some instances...

Hand regged a domain -- customised --traffic goes to 10-20 uniques a day...

Some analysis like that

Yea, but it *wouldn't* help. There are no absolutes or guarantees, and it would be comparing apples to oranges, unless you had my niches, my domains, my traffic, my content - basically unless you stole everything that's in my head first (and I bite!) my experiences would likely not be the same for you. You might do better, you might do worse.

Does adding content help? I believe it helps me, but it's an experiment, and I don't think in terms of days or weeks, I think in terms of months and years. So ask me in a year. I also use PPC to drive traffic in some cases, and I believe the content helps in keeping my quality scores in the "great" category. And that's a whole different set of stuff that I'm doing that would be different from what you're doing. So the basis for comparison gets thinner and thinner.

Meanwhile, try it for yourself on one or two domains. It's not difficult; all it takes is time. If it doesn't work quickly enough for you, then remove the content. Or if you really want to do a studied test, take out two very similar domains, put content on one and no content on the other, rinse and repeat. Easy as pie.

•••
IntelBank said:
Domain www.ToursOfJapan.com - heavily customized, 47 uniques today - zero clicks. Just as Netmeg said, it's too early to tell whether the heavy customization with lots of content and pictures encourages users to click on any link or if users are simply smarter than that, knowing that it's actually just a parked page, maybe take a look, but navigate away afterwards. My theory is that custom content, that's "coming from the heart", should overcome the "just a parked" site notion, this theory may be totally flawed though.
I'm running the tours domain completely on organic traffic, no links, no references, arbitrage,...nothing.
One thing that I would encourage parked to look into is different options of appearance (UI), Donny knows what i mean.

Other than that, everything seems to be running smooth again. Logically, my numbers for today are a bit lower, due to the outage and me pausing the campaigns. However, Donny already stated the reimbursement for downtime, which is yet another statement that they're taking good care of us.

IB

I like your customization work. How long have you got that domain on Parked because I can't find you through search engines if I type tours of japan. It only comes up for toursofjapan. Is the traffic you get mainly type in?

•••
pardon said:
I like your customization work. How long have you got that domain on Parked because I can't find you through search engines if I type tours of japan. It only comes up for toursofjapan. Is the traffic you get mainly type in?

You also have to be realistic. That Tours of Japan page is great - but it's an extremely competitive field, and it's always going to be a major challenge to get a parked page (however well customized and filled out) to rank highly over more developed sites in a highly competitive niche like travel. It can happen, cause I've seen 'em in the SERPS - but it's not easy.

Now, if I had that domain, and if, after a month or so I found I wasn't getting any kind of search engine love out of it (and didn't want to use PPC) I would probably re-think the customization a little - maybe take a look at a map, and pick a nice Japanese city or resort town, and customize/optimize it specifically for that location. Not Tokyo, or anything huge - but maybe something that doesn't have quite so much competition. And then see how it did there.

I'm not saying you should do that, IB - I'm just throwing it out there, if, after you've left it up a while, you decide it's not working as well as you'd hoped.

•••
Does anyone else get a Fatal error on the parked.com page?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back