NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
maybe it is on purpose and donny is going to give us all a $500 downtime compensation/christmas bonus? :)

•••
guttermuth said:
maybe it is on purpose and donny is going to give us all a $500 downtime compensation/christmas bonus? :)

"Dream On" - Aerosmith 1973 ;)

Then again, i'm there with you...dreaming... :hehe:

IB

•••
Sleepys said:
That is wierd. If you type in www.parked.com into the Internet Explorer URL bar, rather than take you to Parked it opens a Google search page with "www.parked.com" as the search subject.

Forgot to say: add "http://" in front, and it will just give you the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.

Both

http://parked.com
http://www.parked.com

should do the job.
:imho:

PS. And now Parked is BACK UP (at least for me)!
:)

•••
•••
•••
GILSAN said:
OK. Parked is up now!

GIL

Indeed.

Just waiting for the parked pages to come alive now.
:|

•••
Parked.com Is Down Again

just checked 10 pasrked pages and had 1 working and 9 timing out

•••
Some domains resolve, some don't.

•••
Oops. It's down again! Must be getting into gear!

Edit: And now it's up again! It's like a YoYo!

GIL :)

•••
•••
None of mine are up yet either. Everybody will be compensated.

Donny

•••
I can ping parked.com,but can't open parked.com home page ...

•••
donny any chance to add to the stats something that shows visits/clicks per hour like there is in cpanel stats on my developed sites servers

Donny said:

Donny

hip hip horray

I want to say sorry to everyone it was the massive amounts of clicks I was getting that shut the servers down. I bought this new domain (well hand regged it) and knew it was special derfviaimino.com and I am sure it is getting over 10,000 clicks every 30 seconds. I was doing all this research on overture, wordtracker and somne other and realized this is going to be the next hot domaion. I even saw it was a $100 click so I will be rich here by the end of the day. Sorry for the trouble to you guys :) :) :) :(

•••
Grrr..... Shame. Thanks for the compensation for downtime Donny.

•••
This has nothing to do with a DDOS or anything like that. None of the servers are down either. One of our primary routers and it's backup decided to go on a little vacation and we are trying to change the routes to get everything back up.

Donny

•••
what really sucks is this is one of my highest click times now that all west costers are at work taking care of stuff on there bosses dime

•••
Donny said:
This has nothing to do with a DDOS or anything like that. None of the servers are down either. One of our primary routers and it's backup decided to go on a little vacation and we are trying to change the routes to get everything back up.

Donny
:notme: :tu: :tu:

IB

•••
and yes donny thanks for the comp

•••
Thanks for the time you're putting in and the message about the compensation, Donny.

Ugh, it lost all my content I'd just spent an hour putting in and formatting though. Oh well. Live and learn. From now on, I'll create it in something else first and then paste it over, although I don't know that I have anything that will format exact exactly the same way. Maybe HTMLEditor.

•••
Donny said:

Donny

well i guess that answers my question "Donny do you own any domain names?".

:)

good stuff

•••
Donny said:

That makes sense - I can get to my pages via cablemodem, but not via DSL.

•••
I just spent over an hour too configuring old domains and one new one - hemphouses.com - only to see that everything is either inaccessible or the stuff I wrote has actually disappeared. My question is will it come back when normal service resumes, or am I going to have to do it all again :(

Last edited:
•••
Actually, I wonder if I create the content in something like Wordpad using RTF, will it keep the proper formatting (headers, bold, bullets) ?? Something to try. I'd still have to set the h2, h3 and h4 by hand, but that would at least let me create it offline and then just paste it in. Will have to try that.

•••
Which throws up another suggestion.

Can parked.com work on an "Offline Module" that let's users build their sites offline?
meta tags, content, images, etc. and then upload - much like a FTP transfer?
This should decrease the server load since many people would perform their actual site builds while not constantly hitting the server to save information, etc.

IB

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back