NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Donny said:
I have never done arbitrage myself, oh well, back to programming.

We never seem to run out of PHP and MySQL projects to work on.

jeffoverman said:
Enjoying the snow in Ann Arbor?

NO. It took me an hour and 25 minutes tonight to go the three miles between the office and my home. THREE MILES.

mrizos said:
man...just do a search on google for any generic terms...antivirus, credit reports, etc

...every parked page is a parked.com page.

It's going to be weird to see it all disappear.

It's not going to disappear. People will still park. Heck, I am not planning on moving my several hundred domains out of Parked, except for a couple I will likely develop.

•••
dndude24 said:
Are you crazy dude? MSN and google just lost minimum of 15k a month from me and yahoo just lost the revenue on the back of the traffic I was sending through parked. I dont have developed sites I have parking pages. Where they hell am I going to spend that now? Nowhere because I now dont have a site to advertise. This WILL decrease these companies earnings

he is not crazy
it is only advertiser's money on the table anyway.
yea you loose 15 k to them, but you take 25 - 30 k out, you are actually taking the advertiser's money out doing the arbitraging, the same like the someone doing arbitraging on sports betting, there is only better's money on the table, the arbitrager just take out a piece of it using the leverage of different odds.

google and msn is just like the dealer>.< they can't loose in term of statistic.

Last edited:
•••
Donny, you've done a great job helping us along the way and parked has been exceptional to members. Really appreciate all your help.

Last edited:
•••
Varon

That would be truly amazing lol. 2 bucks. Well can't get greedy I would be happy with 8 bucks lol

Netmeg thanks for quick reply. At work now and I am mobi on my crackberry.

By the way folks, namepros.mobi works very well.

J

•••
Doesnt make a Big difference to someone like me...

Sales was always at the top and will always remain so....

•••
jeffoverman said:
By the way folks, namepros.mobi works very well.

I should try that; I've just been using the regular namepros.com interface on my iPod Touch.

•••
THis new banning of arbitrage is really a battle between traffic, and quality traffic, because yahoo obviously prefers some types of traffic to others. The bad news for domainers is partly that worse domain names with slushy, "pumped-up traffic" will get back to more mediocre performances, and good domain names with natural,probably less quantity, but quality traffic will get rewarded more. good domaining = quality domain names.

•••
mrizos said:
man...just do a search on google for any generic terms...antivirus, credit reports, etc

Indeed it will.......We'll see!

•••
It sounds like its time to start running arb on minisites as there will probably be a lot less advertisers to compete with. It's possible the RPC on the minisites will go down as well so affiliates might be the best option.

•••
NameClerk.com said:
It sounds like its time to start running arb on minisites as there will probably be a lot less advertisers to compete with. It's possible the RPC on the minisites will go down as well so affiliates might be the best option.

Ehhh...I don't know...my CJ stuff rarely converts.

•••
Quit whining+being lazy and start developing your domains TONIGHT you all... (this goes to myself too.)

Donny: Im not quiting PARKED no matters what!

•••
kemjika11 said:
... worse domain names with slushy, "pumped-up traffic" will get back to more mediocre performances, and good domain names with natural,probably less quantity, but quality traffic will get rewarded more. good domaining = quality domain names.
Agree with this point.

•••
dndude24 said:
what we need to do is EVERYONE move there domains away from Yahoo feed provides for 144 hours (6 days) let yahoo go 6 days without any parking revenue

um, I'd say that's pretty much gonna happen.

•••
larryharlow said:
Donny: Im not quiting PARKED no matters what!
QUOTE]

:xf.love: Yeah... I even just added 3 new domains. After all... arbie is just another way to get visitor. SEO and type-in are the main traffic source from the beginning.

•••
Guys, I promise you Arbitrage was NOT a major part of my revenue at PARKED! :tu:

•••
mrizos said:

It will be the absolute best thing that ever happened to google search. No longer will we get a ton of useless parked pages right at the top of the listings. YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I love it - to hell with arbitrage! It should have been called garbatrage.

•••
dndude24 said:
what we need to do is EVERYONE move there domains away from Yahoo feed provides for 144 hours (6 days) let yahoo go 6 days without any parking revenue

They could careless, They are looking out for their advertisers, And rightly so.

The TQ is still is a Beta form,I think it played very little factor if any at all, I think what may have risin Yahoos attention, Is total crap traffic, with no conversions. People who did not know how to test their traffic, before running it to parked pages, Had no idea what they were sending, So more or less, People who did not know how to perform arbitrage may have opened Yahoos eyes.

Either way, The RPC drops at Parked, Could have been due to traffic quality penalties, assessed by Yahoo to Parked, Or Parked decided to pay what they wished to their clients, I have NEVER seen such a drastic drop in RPC, As i did at Parked. All that S**t was fuzzy math:laugh: , But that is all water under the bridge now any way, so

Last edited:
•••
SDX said:
Guys, I promise you Arbitrage was NOT a major part of my revenue at PARKED! :tu:
But was 100% of my refferal income :lol:

•••
DnPresident said:
It's not like you don't take arbi! I'm sure there's people that would be glad to prove it.

What is this, Attack Matt, If he did allow arbitrage, He did it in a nice silent way, That's the smart way to do it ;)

BTW, I do not, and have not parked with Bodis.com, I had an account there, but never used it.

All Matt was saying, Is told folks, this was up and coming, And be damned if he wasn't right.

dndude24 said:
Matt could quite possibly be the worst "ceo" (if you can call someonme that who runs his company out of his parents basement) get back in your own thread. Oh thats right there is nothing to talk about except .01 per clicks. At least donny posts when the going is rough and dosent go put his head on his mamas tits and cry like you did for a few weeks. When I talk to folks at yahoo I know tomorrow maybe I will see about getting your feed pulled and point out your 12 year old antics on this message board as a reson. Your company does in fact also represent yahoo and I am sure they dont want their company represented like the pudlicker you act like. I know as a shareholder i dont want you acting like you do representing a company I own stock in

You have power to get some ones feed pulled?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Folks, let's keep it at the topic at hand, at the provider this thread pertains to. No cheap shot towards other providers, no matter how tempting it may be.

The same goes for other providers and their representatives; no cheap shots or childish behavior.
This situation has serious implications for many domainers and many companies that worked with us.

Keep it professional.

Thanks,

M.

•••
Mike said:
Folks, let's keep it at the topic at hand, at the provider this thread pertains to. No cheap shot towards other providers, no matter how tempting it may be.

The same goes for other providers and their representatives; no cheap shots or childish behavior.
This situation has serious implications for many domainers and many companies that worked with us.

Keep it professional.

Thanks,

M.

Mike has done some "clean up"! :)
Good job! :)

•••
Good Job Mike! Okay this is from Monday Feb 11th. Perhaps it was already discussed but it relates to the question at hand. Apologies if I missed it in an earlier post, but March 1st is coming up mighty quickly

quote:

Do you think what’s in the best interest of domainers is in the best interest of Yahoo and Google? These two companies don’t necessarily think so. They care about long term profits and “user experience”. These companies can whether a short term storm. What would you do if your parking revenue took a major hit for two years? It would likely wipe you out. But it wouldn’t wipe these companies out.

Already we’ve seen one shoe drop. Domain Name Wire has learned through multiple sources that Ask.com’s Google feed will no longer be syndicated to parking companies as of March 1. A number of parking companies use this feed to augment other search results. I know that Parked.com uses it for traffic to some foreign companies, and apparently HitFarm and Skenzo use this feed as well. There are likely others. (Ask has not returned my calls for comment.)

Are other changes on the horizon? You bet. Buckle up. EndQuote

Article at: http://domainnamewire.com/2008/02/11/threats-to-the-domain-name-industry/

•••
I must have missed the clean up. :)

dndude24 - Until the numbers are finalized I have no idea right now.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
I must have missed the clean up. :)

dndude24 - Until the numbers are finalized I have no idea right now.

Donny

keep it sensitized for the masses lest your grandmother might get upset

•••
Guys, if your using the google content network you might want to stop your campaigns at about 8 am EST since it take google a few hours to remove your ad from the content network.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back