IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have a developed site, SEO'd parked page, etc; and actually get traffic I envy you ;) I expect this will be the end of 99.99% of my revenue at Parked.

•••
madpoet said:
If you have a developed site, SEO'd parked page, etc; and actually get traffic I envy you ;) I expect this will be the end of 99.99% of my revenue at Parked.

Same here.

•••
party's over...:(...it's time to develop.....and develop i will!!...:)

Let me know if anybody needs any custom wordpress development....

•••
Dear Donny,
I want to asked you something here. If some of my domain have some traffic in case its a expired domain. And have much link. Is it allowed ? Or is it good ? Or what the effect for my parked account ?
thank you!

Anyway, its been like some jokes for me. To kick and run. lolz Because some people still running their campaign until party was really really over. And here the one, some source to know what time that party really really over.
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

•••
umat_gila said:
Dear Donny,
I want to asked you something here. If some of my domain have some traffic in case its a expired domain. And have much link. Is it allowed ? Or is it good ? Or what the effect for my parked account ?
thank you!
This is perfectly fine, you don't have anything to worry about here.

Donny

•••
actually this new rule is actually good, the RPC is increasing like before:D.~~

•••
Donny If you could clarify something did you say earlier that existing links from one parked.com page to another was still OK?

•••
I would like to suggest Parked stop showing projected earnings. It is getting hard to login known I will likely see 30-60% being 'taken away' nearly every day.

What is not seen is not missed.

•••
Harkster - you can remove estimates, their is an option in the account information section.

biohammer - those links are fine.

Donny

•••
harkster said:
I would like to suggest Parked stop showing projected earnings. It is getting hard to login known I will likely see 30-60% being 'taken away' nearly every day.

Click on: Account Information > My Account

Top right section titled Account Settings.

Dashboard/Report Settings
Include estimated statistics in reports:

Click the "no" radio button.
Click Save Changes.

Done.

•••
harkster said:

Harkster,

You can set that yourself. Go to "Account Information" > "My Account" > in "Account Settings" choose "Include estimated statistics in reports:" = No.

•••
Nice going away gift from Yahoo - revenue down 35% from estimates. I hope
M$ gobbles them up and s--ts them out :)

•••
What is that word Homer S. uses when he feels like an idiot?

•••
Did you guys notice that RPC's went up? :tu:

•••
SDX said:
Did you guys notice that RPC's went up? :tu:
Nope. It's shaping up to be the worst day in the past 2 weeks. I'll turn arbi off in the early morning tomorrow :'( then i'm most likely a dead fish in the water.

M.

•••
I think this will pick up again as more "real" business advertisers will trust the system.

Since the news, my generic names are doing well. I'm not doing the arbitrage traffic anyway so this will not really affected me in the process.

•••
nm

Last edited:
•••
•••
Saw this review of the ongoing state of domain monetization at Julia's blog (Btw, there is a lot more other info on monetization if you read by clicking the link below):

http://isitmeoriseveryoneelsestupid...to-recap-the-state-of-the-industry-this-week/

QUOTE: No news however from the other Yahoo fed providers, which I find interesting because the email sent out from Parked announces that its a “yahoo” decision, intimating that the entire Yahoo network is now devoid of arbitrage - forgetting to point out however that certain companies within the Yahoo Publisher network actually have arbitrage licenses. I wonder what happens now?

Q: Is there such thing as 'arbitrage license'? Who has it?

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
nm? Jason, is that one of those invisible punches you mention?

Peter, what language is ",,,"? or is that some secret code between you and Jason?

GIL :)

•••
rickkumar said:
QUOTE: No news however from the other Yahoo fed providers, which I find interesting because the email sent out from Parked announces that its a “yahoo” decision, intimating that the entire Yahoo network is now devoid of arbitrage - forgetting to point out however that certain companies within the Yahoo Publisher network actually have arbitrage licenses. I wonder what happens now?

Q: Is there such thing as 'arbitrage license'? Who has it?

Interesting

Can anyone clarify this 'arbitrage license' and if there is such a thing how can a company like parked.com get this or is it only for say the owners of the parking co and not any of its affilates???

•••
well it seems more obvious that some people on this thread do arbitrage since there seems to be be some fretting :). I hope you guys are able to adjust and still do well .

•••
domainpark said:
Interesting

Can anyone clarify this 'arbitrage license' and if there is such a thing how can a company like parked.com get this or is it only for say the owners of the parking co and not any of its affilates???

If true, then appears some mega parking/domain companies such as NM/AA/SN, HitFarm and MCHX probably has this arbitrage license from yahoo. I won't be surprised if big domainers such as F.S. has it too.

I am just wondering that won't allowing big co's and big domainers arbitrage while denying the small players constitute discrimination?

Btw, the same above blog link also mentions that some other parking co's such as Bodis etc may also soon lose their ask feed and perhaps trying to find some secondary feeds etc. Skenzo will keep its ask feed it says.

•••
rickkumar said:
If true, then appears some mega parking/domain companies such as NM/AA/SN, HitFarm and MCHX probably has this arbitrage license from yahoo. I won't be surprised if big domainers such as F.S. has it too.

I am just wondering that won't allowing big co's and big domainers arbitrage while denying the small players constitute discrimination?

I agree there 100%

I have been saying this for a while now the bigger boys seem to have carte blanch in some aspects of purchasing traffic in the whole PPC industry.

I have persoanlly seen ads for ask.com on 2nd level search engines that go right to the keyword on ask.com. So either their own advertisers and or google listings, yet google has a STRICK no arbitrage for the domain parking industry.

rickkumar said:
Btw, the same above blog link also mentions that some other parking co's such as Bodis etc may also soon lose their ask feed and perhaps trying to find some secondary feeds etc. Skenzo will keep its ask feed it says.

Their still waiting on Matt to respond to the rumor of the ask.com syndication of google. He has neither confirmed or denied this.

•••
Donny,Please be honest..I didn't receive such TOS reminder email from HitFarm or NameMedia ....

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back