Dynadot

new gtlds Over half of all new gTLD domains are registered in China, analysis reveals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Recently compiled data from analytics site ntldstats.com has revealed that a staggering 53.4% of all domain registrations in new gTLD strings have their origin in China. The registration numbers are likely to come as an expected, and unwelcome, development for trademark counsel, who could be bracing themselves for a spike in cybersquatting. There is likely more to the picture, however.
Renewal levels will be worth watching but, for now, Chinese demand for new gTLDs will be viewed as a positive by both ICANN (as all demand serves as an endorsement of the online programme) and registries. For trademark counsel, there could be a further rise in nefarious domains to tackle in the future. This could lead to further pressures on budgets but counsel have proven adept at rising to such challenges in the past...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have checked this. Chinese focuses in xyz and top. Wang is wrecking.

•••
Thanx for the info..i think they will be creating another market based on the new gTLDs soon enough

sAm.. :)

•••
Alarming statistics, good news for the new registries !

•••
We all make mistakes when we first get started in domaining. There seems to be a huge flood of new domainers from china.

I think the rest of the world is a little more seasoned in the business to make this mistake.

•••
Then new gtld's come to the market :lookaround:

•••
Mostly regged by newbie domainers who will ultimately lose money.

•••
the other half registered by domain investors?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back