NameLot

Outbound process for beginners

Labeled as guide in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by rohitgoyal, Sep 20, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. rohitgoyal

rohitgoyal Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Just to add your domains have tma issue. "Realtor" is trademarked hence you can't use it

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ecomslice

ecomslice Top Contributor VIP

I am sorry to bother, but I do not understand why you have created 100 emails to use for contacting buyers, can I have some made up examples to understand better, are the emails utilizing the domain name your selling ? or does using so many different emails avoid spam issues. or is it so you have industry related domains for various sectors related to the ones your marketing.

3. rohitgoyal

Well those email.I'd are used for sending mails. We work in bulk and do outbound for 200-300 domains per month so we do need so many mails id's to send mail and avoid spam...

4. rohitgoyal

I have purchased 100 domains separately just for outbound purpose.

5. ollybod

ollybod Established Member

6. New2Domaining

New2Domaining Established Member

When a potential buyer goes to one of the 100 domains used for outbound emails to check you out what do they see? Can you give 1 or 2 examples of the types of domains you use for sending outbound emails (not the actual domains, just similar examples)?

7. rohitgoyal

Let me be frank and straight forward in this matter.... Email I'd doesn't matter at all in case of normal domains where your asking price is xxx or xxxx , it is important just to convey your message to the right end user.. 4 things actually matter...
    1. Domain name which u r selling
    2. Asking price of the same
    3.Subject line as that would make the end user open your mail
    4. Signature , as it creates trust factor.

You can use any customised email.I'd and in any extension apart from extensions like .xyz etc as it's famous for spamming

8. rohitgoyal

No end user actually have the time and interest to go and check the email I'd. Just to answer your query when end user goes to that email I'd than they do not see anything as nameserver of registrar is being used...
    Couple of example of email I'd are:-
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

9. rohitgoyal

Wellcome... hopefully post was helpful for you

10. Zicdom

Zicdom Established Member

Thanks for the replyyyyy

11. rohitgoyal

welcome

12. Kamaldeen

Kamaldeen Restricted (Market)

Can I have a clue of your headings??
    If I want to outbound
    Losangelesdesignfirmer
    What I personally did was just to write
    Los Angeles design firmer as the subject of the mail.
    Does it makes sense this way?

13. Zicdom

Zicdom Established Member

Does this headings good for outbound?

"Enquiry from mydomain.com" or "Enquiry"

14. topdom

topdom Top Contributor VIP

If I have a domain which would be a great purchase for a company, and I send an email about it to that company, what would be the response rate. I don't mean sale, just a response. In my experience response rate is like 1 percent, and doesn't lead to a sale. But as long as I can get a response (a measurable reaction), I don't care whether there is a sale, because a response would count as valuable feedback.
    If someone says everything is ok but price is a little bit high, then this is almost equal to a sale. Or if the buyer says, how much did you pay for this domain, how much profit do you plan to make, is all this fair... still I can discuss it. There is no communication at all. I suspect this hapens because spam filters don't correctly.

I don't like giving unnecesary info. For example I don't give a phone number, or address, or even name. Just domain name, email, and how to make an offer, and why this domain is good for them, and why they don't need to trust me at all etc. Is this why I don't receive any response. They will buy my domain, not me. They will get the same thing at the end whoever is selling it.

15. Domains - Wanted

Domains - Wanted Top Contributor VIP

With your attitude, keep your day job. Don't even think of starting up any kind of business :xf.wink:

FYI: business, trading, sales is all about the seller, trader. Especially in services, online sales and selling... domain names, which, to most people out there, amounts to selling them... nothing! Asking to pay an outrageous price to boot! :ROFL::ROFL:

16. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

@Kamaldeen here's my guess.
    He said
    If you are not spamming and you are contacting the right end user like a Boston plumber. If the subject is BostonPlumber.com, he is obviously going to open it because he's going to see it's something relevant to him, or someone in his industry trying to link up with him. If you are not spamming and contacting the right user than I guess the best subject is simply the domain name.
    With other companies you might change it. Like if you are contacting abccompany.com's CEO because you own abc.com, obviously the title could be abc.com is for sale! I guess thats just logic and creativity.
    Adding for sale might not be good if you are just fishing for leads in a particular industry as they might just skip and not be interested.
    @rohitgoyal please confirm.
    I wouldn't personally share my own exact subject line templates if they are sophisticated. Might issues with spam filters.

Don't ask too much. So much information was given that you guys are resorting to ask silly questions.
    <<Should I add my photo as signature?>>
    <<How can contact an end user whom their email has already full?>>

+ people asking 10 point questions with ANYTHING THAT CROSSES THEIR MINDS..
    @rohitgoyal if you answer anything it will only get worse.
    ''What font should I use.''

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  17. Domains - Wanted

Domains - Wanted Top Contributor VIP

Yeah, been waiting for someone to ask that! :ROFL::ROFL:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  18. Windoms

Windoms Top Contributor VIP

At least when you ask a question, let it be about 1 point.
    If you ask 10 points, he has to reply one point. go back to the message. answer the next etc.. he doesn't have that time.
    If you really have 3 points, let it be about the same subject.
    Otherwise try to ask 1 question. It's easier for all to read, easier for him to help.

19. rohitgoyal

At-least lets respect the time i have put to write the post and solve everyone's query to the best of my ability. Your query has already been answered in the thread but i guess you didn't even bother to read the same.

20. rohitgoyal

Thats not a right approach. You need t understand a simple thing that you are a salesman and you are approaching others to sell your product. If they dont trust you than they wont buy from you. Lets be practical that trust is major factor especially in online transaction as there is no face to face conversation.

21. rohitgoyal

Domain name in the subject line is much for than enough for the person to open the mail if he/she would find the same worthy enough.

@Windoms thanks for bringing this up as i was about to say the same. Namepros is a free forum and no one gets paid for sharing their learning which they have acquired after lots of hard-work and experiment and everyone wants to get success and winning tips at flick of a finger.. A lot of my friends who are into outbound always complain that why do i share so much so openly as its gonna increase the competition.
    Due to silly queries , people dont tend to share their experiences and learning. We all have our personal life and professional life and not sitting ideal to reply to the same dumb queries again and again..

I receive pm mentioning that they did outbound and why the hell end users is not replying , now common what the fu*ck do you expect me to reply to such pm? End-users is not your employee , they would reply or not reply as per their wish..
    Its even hilarious when people message me that can I suggest them domains which they should hand register and sell instantly for 100x... Seriously man , i just get speechless....

22. Cdomains

Cdomains Top Contributor VIP

@UmerK

What is different about selling locked domains through Undeveloped?

Are you saying they were able to have the domains unlocked at the registrar somehow,

or did they convince the buyers to accept a push at the same registrar,

or were the buyers persuaded to wait for the lock to be over before completing the sale?

Please explain.

23. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

i sell locked domains everyday without any problem. I push them to undeveloped accounts or directly to customer's account, no problem at all.

24. Cdomains

Cdomains Top Contributor VIP

Thanks for the answer.

When you say you push directly to customers account, do you mean if they make or have an

account at the same registrar where the domain is regged?

Also, after you push the domain to either Undeveloped's, or the customers account, do you

still get paid right away?

Thanks

25. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

payment within a few hours, to a few days. yes, undeveloped or customers should open an account if they dont have.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice