IT.COM

guide Outbound process for beginners

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

A lot of people struggle with outbound or complain about having no sales via inbound or marketplace. Well domaining is not a get rich scheme and it takes lots of time , hard-work , capital and luck to succeed in the same.

Though everyone would love to have xxxxx sales however you cant have such big ticket sales without pouring thousands of dollars and wait for long time for the right end users to approach you. This post is for the beginner who wish to have regular xxx or low xxxx sales and keep their domaining journey going on.

3 words Geo/keyword domains has very low chances of getting sold via landing page or marketplace even if you hold them for years. Such domains can be sold via outbound easily however you have to follow the practice properly.

There are number of steps and factors in the same. I will try to list few of them here for your understanding.

Let me first share the basic..

1. Outbound is a volume game. It may happen that you wont receive any response for your first 20 domains and than your 21st domain may get sold.

2. Price is big factor . $200-$499 is a sweet spot for normal geo domains.

3. Searches and cpc matters in case of Geo/keyword domains and its easier to sell domains with good metrics.

4. Follow up matters a lot as it hardly happens that you would sell domain in your first mail itself.

5. Certain niche sells faster than other niches. Location and country matters a lot as well.

6. One need to have lots of patience and a proper schedule to succeed in outbound.

Now back to the outbound process:-

1. Find leads:- There are basically 5 ways to find lead for your domain.

a) Google.com :- You can find the list of existing companies which are presently ranking for your keyword.You can use semrush.com to get first 100 result of google.com if you wish to avoid manual work.

b) Google map/yellow-pages:- You would find names and details of the companies which are registered for that keyword in that region. For geo domains , google map works better than google.com. There are automated tools which can fetch the google map results .

c) ZFbot.com/Domainiq.com :- Both these tools provide you list of the domain which are related to your domain or have same keyword like yours.

d) Socal media:- LinkedIn etc can be great source for finding potential end user for your domain.

e) Advertisers:- It makes sense to contact the advertisers who are advertising for the keyword of your domain. You can find the list of the same from semrush.com.

2. Finding email id:- There are 3 ways to find email id for the leads you have collected from above sources.

a) Whois.com/whoxy.com :- After gdpr whois is no more openly available however you still find email ids in 20-30% cases as compared to earlier days as few registrars still shows whois detail. Whoxy.com is a portal from where you can fetch whois details in bulk.

b) Hunter.io/adapt.io :- Such paid tools are great way to find email id of potential leads. However be aware that even though they are paid tools but still email id accuracy would be 60-70% only.

c) Website:- Lastly you may directly visit the website and collect email id from there.

3. Sending mails:- This is a tricky step as it is very difficult to send mails these days. Free email id provider like gmail , yahoo etc have strict spam policy and most of your mail would land in the spam folder. Now you have 2 options:-

a) Free email providers:- You can create multiple email ids with free email providers like gmail , yahoo, outlook etc.

b) Logicboxes panel based registrar:- There are some registrar which uses logic-box panel and they provide 2 free email id along with every domain. You would have to set up email id there and use their server to send mail. It works like charm as i have tried Bigrock.com and nettigritty.com.

c) Own server:- You can set up your own smtp server and purchase multiple ip for sending mails. It is a complicated and expensive way so wont be suggested in the initial days.

4. Pricing & follow up:-

a) Pricing:-
Pricing plays a very big role especially in case of geo domains and 3 words emd domains. If you price them in $200-500 range than you can easily sell them. If it was a hand registered domain or purchased from go-daddy closeout than its a great roi.

b) Followup :- Now follow up can further be divided into 2 parts:-

1. Initial mail:- Suppose you collected 50 leads of end users for a particular domain and you sent mail to them. You may have received 1-2 response and no response from other leads. You can send a follow up mail after 2-3 weeks as its highly possible that many of them may have missed your initial mail or were out of office. Though never send more than 2 follow ups or else you would be spamming in general. Further be very careful not to send mail again to the same person who has already responded "No".

2. Price inquiry:- You have sent 50 mails and have received 3-4 price inquiry. You have sent them the details regarding the domain as well as your asking price. You should follow up every week or 2 regarding their interest. Under normal circumstances it takes 4-5 follow ups to finally sell a domain. It would hardly happen than you send them price and they immediately closed the deal.

5. Closing the deal:- You again have 3 options in this.

a) Paypal:- You can send a paypal invoice to the client and they can make the payment via them. I personally transfer the domain first and than ask for payment. It has never happened with me that client didn't make payment though their were delays in couple of cases. When you first transfer the domain and than ask for payment than it create trust factor in the eyes of end-users and deal closes faster. This works best in case of xxx deals as your risk factor is low.

b) Escrow :- You can create escrow account and ask the client to complete the transaction via that. Be aware that creating account at escrow is a tedious process and many times deal gets cancelled as end users do not want to take so much of headache. Escrow is recommended in case of xxxx and xxxxx deals and not at all recommended for xxx deals.

c) Marketplace:- If your domain is registered with Godaddy than you can ask the client to directly purchase from there or via landing pages like undeveloped.com. It works very well as these marketplace have high trust factor among the general public.

Some personal suggestions based on my experience of outbound.

1. Registrar:- If your domain is with Godaddy than it is easier to sell them . Godaddy is world's largest registrar and due to their massive advertising campaign everyone is aware about them. Most of the end user have account with godaddy or they dont mind opening account at Godaddy. If your domain is with any other registrar tha always do outbound after 60 days transfer lock is over.

2. Response time:- xxx purchases are normally spontaneous decision and end users immediately pay the same. If you receive a offer or end user agrees to your price than try to close the deal instantly. If you delay than their is high possibility that end user may change their mind or look for alternative options.

3. Related domains:- If you have a singular version than always purchase plural version as well if available. Further in case of Geo domain if you are marketing .com domain than always acquire cctld version of the same to be on safe side.

4. Calling :- If you receive a price inquiry than always try to call up the client as the possibility of leads getting closed increases manifold in case of calls rather than on mail.

5. Promo offer:- If you are into hand registered game than keep a keen eye on promo offers offered by various registrar. If you can grab promo offers for .com at $3-4 range than its always a winning game.

6. Expireddomains.net:- Thousands of domains expire on daily basis and you can find lots of decent domains in daily drop list which can easily be sold in xxx range via outbound.

Last but not the least , there is a very thin line between marketing and spamming and majority of newbies dont understand the difference. Outbound is great to have regular sales and to keep the cash register rolling but most of the time we end up doing spamming. Even though i am into outbound but i am strictly against spamming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi All,

Who all would like to have part 2 of this thread which would cover each points in detail....

•••
I have tried this 99 times, no headings but I have decided to try this maybe for the last time..
So am dedicating now till Oct ending to find out if I wil be hundred times lucky

I have a team of 5 people especially for outbound. I started off in November 2017 . For first 7 months , i just managed to recover my expenses , its from last 5 months that i am seeing decent profit on monthly basis.

In nutshell it takes time to learn the trick of the game and to put proper mechanism and process in place...

Wish you best of luck for your final trail.

•••
@rohitgoyal You've done a lot man, very structured and professional guide for beginners.
Not everyone would've spent 7 months learning before sharing it for free.
Not everyone lives in the US, you're showing lots of people how to come up.
Thank you

I have wasted first year into domaining making nothing and spending money , time and peace of mind... slowly and gradually heard about the concept of outbound... I tried it myself but could.not continue for long as too much of manual work was required..

Finally hired a team and slowly and gradually learnt the process and started improvising on the same.

When I started outbound there was no one to guide me so I felt that I should already share basic steps with others those who wish to get into outbound and make domaining sustainable without heavy investment...

•••
Interesting read, some of the questions for you since you'd have data and stats! ;)

Do you include the price in first email?

How long is your first email?

Do you try different templates?

Also a suggestion; when you get a no thanks response - thank them for a reply and ask Why not? This usually strikes a conversation and you get better idea of how much the name is worth from end user's perspective.

Hi umer... let me answer all.your queries..

1. No I don't include price in first mail. I send price only when they ask for price.

2. My first mail is short and to the point. No one has time to read long mails. If end user is interested in the domain than they reply even with one liner mail.

3. Yes I keep on changing my mail.template as it helps in.avoiding spam.and reach inbox of the end users.

4. Yes I follow the same. Whenever client says no that I do enquire about reason for the same. If client says no after I share price than I mention.that price is negotiable and they can share their offer.. I have closed.many deals this way...

•••
I would love to hear the responses of our experienced members on this one as well!

If I get a no thanks or no response I assume that they don't want to hear from me and I do not respond again. I agree with the poster that said a simple thank you and asking why not MIGHT start a conversation, but I don't think anyone owes it to me to explain why they are not interested in my domain name so I would NEVER ask that personally, in any context. I might send a simple thank you and best wishes sometimes, depends on tone of the not interested reply.

•••
@rohitgoyal This should come in handy when I next try my hand at outbound again.

However, I don't understand one thing. You talked about calling prospects, but being from India, isn't the accent a problem when calling people in the US or other western countries?

Just to add to your point.... Its 10 pm in India and must be 10 am in US.... I just called 2 clients who shared their number and asked to call and luckily both the deal closed. One was for $499 and another for $649 and both the domains were hand registered last month.

•••
Hi All,

On a lighter note if anyone does get benefited from this post and actually make a sale than i deserve a chilled beer from each one of them and i have good appetite :)

•••
Interesting read, some of the questions for you since you'd have data and stats! ;)

Do you include the price in first email?

How long is your first email?

Do you try different templates?

Also a suggestion; when you get a no thanks response - thank them for a reply and ask Why not? This usually strikes a conversation and you get better idea of how much the name is worth from end user's perspective.

•••
Great post! Great contribution to the community! Keep it up!

Learned from.the community so always in service for the community :)

•••
@Kamaldeen here's my guess.
He said

If you are not spamming and you are contacting the right end user like a Boston plumber. If the subject is BostonPlumber.com, he is obviously going to open it because he's going to see it's something relevant to him, or someone in his industry trying to link up with him. If you are not spamming and contacting the right user than I guess the best subject is simply the domain name.
With other companies you might change it. Like if you are contacting abccompany.com's CEO because you own abc.com, obviously the title could be abc.com is for sale! I guess thats just logic and creativity.
Adding for sale might not be good if you are just fishing for leads in a particular industry as they might just skip and not be interested.
@rohitgoyal please confirm.
I wouldn't personally share my own exact subject line templates if they are sophisticated. Might issues with spam filters.

Don't ask too much. So much information was given that you guys are resorting to ask silly questions.
<<Should I add my photo as signature?>>
<<How can contact an end user whom their email has already full?>>

+ people asking 10 point questions with ANYTHING THAT CROSSES THEIR MINDS..
@rohitgoyal if you answer anything it will only get worse.
''What font should I use.''

Domain name in the subject line is much for than enough for the person to open the mail if he/she would find the same worthy enough.

@Windoms thanks for bringing this up as i was about to say the same. Namepros is a free forum and no one gets paid for sharing their learning which they have acquired after lots of hard-work and experiment and everyone wants to get success and winning tips at flick of a finger.. A lot of my friends who are into outbound always complain that why do i share so much so openly as its gonna increase the competition.
Due to silly queries , people dont tend to share their experiences and learning. We all have our personal life and professional life and not sitting ideal to reply to the same dumb queries again and again..

I receive pm mentioning that they did outbound and why the hell end users is not replying , now common what the fu*ck do you expect me to reply to such pm? End-users is not your employee , they would reply or not reply as per their wish..
Its even hilarious when people message me that can I suggest them domains which they should hand register and sell instantly for 100x... Seriously man , i just get speechless....

•••
For non-U.S. folks attempting to sell lower quality domain names like these at low, sub-$500 USD prices:

Most American business people do not enjoy receiving unsolicited emails from people who are clearly not American. Regardless of the domain name being offered, most of the example email copy in this thread would quickly be dragged to the trash, deleted, and/or otherwise marked as spam simply because of the non-American English language and grammar used that sounds very awkward to an American business person. If you use too many British English spellings, stilted grammar or phrasing, or awkward punctuation and run-on sentences, your unsolicited email is dead on arrival. In short, the American business person is not going to trust you at all. Whether or not you think you are spamming, you surely read like a spammer to such an American. Say goodbye to your U.S. sales!

Pro tip: Draft up the email templates you want to use for your outbound program. Then, hire a U.S.-based editor for $750 to $1,000 (an investment in your business!) or ask an educated, U.S.-born-and-raised friend (ideally, someone who works in sales or marketing in the U.S.) to edit or re-write entirely your draft email templates for you. Then, use those email templates in your outbound communications to American business people. Even if you sign off with a non-"American sounding" name in your signature (always have a complete signature to help build trust!), the well-crafted, American English should help you build more trust with the recipient and make more sales, at the margin.

Until you do, more and more of your outbound emails will simply be deleted or manually flagged as SPAM and your business aimed at American companies will not grow.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

as you say, the majority of newbies don't understand the difference, so perhaps you can elaborate on this "very thin line" that sits between marketing and spamming.

since "outbound" has become domainers' substitute keyword for sending unsolicited emails to unsuspecting victims-
then maybe it would help to clarify what appears to be a contrary statement, as in.....
how can one be against spamming, while engaged in outbound practices?

your post contains some good all in one info, that many newbies ask questions about on the regular, but I find that the final point, needs the most explanation.

Thanks

imo...

You raised a valid point and i would share my point of view which may or may not be up-to your expectation.

1. Most of the newbies purchase crap domains and start sending mail for them. As a result it becomes spam as such domains cant be used by anyone.

2. Suppose i have ilawyer.com.. I will goto zfbot.com and i would search for domain with "lawyer" as keyword , now i would receive 10,000 result... I know couple of people who would send out mail to all 10,000 leads which is not the right way to go ahead.

3. I have given strict instruction to my team that if any person ever says "No" than the same person should never receive mail again from our end. We even send apology mail in response and assure them that they wont receive mail from our end again.

These are couple of pointers which we follow and there are few more measures which we take Every company is into marketing and you can even call google and facebook as spammers as they show you advertisements without taking permission from you. Hence i clearly mentioned that there is very thin line between marketing and spamming. Yes those who are into outbound can be termed spammers however difference lies in the precautionary measure they take so that general public or end users do not get harassed.

•••
From all your posts here and before, it sounds like you have a team of the same people working for you. I do outbound myself plus have help from a couple of close relatives. I have been thinking of outsourcing beyond that, as you had done.

Which begs the question: how do you motivate your people to stay with you, instead of taking advantage of the training you gave them and striking out on their own? (n)

While not an issue when dealing with high quality domains requiring substantial upfront financing and risk, you seem to concentrate on handregs (same as I do), with negligible initial cash outlay, however, where the ROI is the highest and consequently most demoralizing to staff :sneaky:

I assume part of the answer is a substantial bonus, commission on each closed sale. Anything else?

First of all , all my team members are on fixed salary irrespective of the fact whether they make sales or not plus incentives. No I don't train them to start of their own as I am not running a ngo...

As for your other query.... My team works only on collecting leads and sending then mails.. rest of the things like purchasing domains and dealing clients are personally handled by me

•••
Further be very careful not to send mail again to the same person who has already responded "No".

You should follow up immediately with prospects that say "NO". I get excited when people say NO, because MOST prospects won't respond at all. If I was to get 100 "NO" answers/day doing outbound I would be so excited, more excited then getting 1 "YES".

"NO" is always an opportunity. Most negotiations start with a "NO" answer or "not interested", or I will talk to my partner, or I will talk to my grandma etc.
So before doing any outbound learn how to handle objections, and how to sell. That really should be STEP 1.

That's my 2 cents for the day...

•••
When the target price is low to mid XXX I always include the price and I always include that the price is negotiable. You may leave a little on the table but most potential buyers won't even respond if there is no price because they think you are just another domain squatter asking $50,000 for a $500 domain.

Include a reasonable price and watch your sales increase.

•••
Well all my team members were fresher and they had no idea regarding outbound or domains. I have personally trained all of them. After working for almost a year in outbound , i have developed a process that my work runs mostly on auto mode and each team member know what exactly they have to do.

From all your posts here and before, it sounds like you have a team of the same people working for you. I do outbound myself plus have help from a couple of close relatives. I have been thinking of outsourcing beyond that, as you had done.

Which begs the question: how do you motivate your people to stay with you, instead of taking advantage of the training you gave them and striking out on their own? (n)

While not an issue when dealing with high quality domains requiring substantial upfront financing and risk, you seem to concentrate on handregs (same as I do), with negligible initial cash outlay, however, where the ROI is the highest and consequently most demoralizing to staff :sneaky:

I assume part of the answer is a substantial bonus, commission on each closed sale. Anything else?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for this generous post. A few questions for you.

1. If you analyze your past customers, how large are they in terms of revenue or employees or any way to get an idea of their size? Are they mostly solopreneurs or freelancers or really small businesses?

2. Do you find more success with smaller or larger companies?

3. What is the reason they are purchasing the domain from you? Are they mainly people who want to protect their brand online? Or do they have a new business initiative they need a separate website for? Or are they business owners that just collect domains for potential future businesses? Or do they want to use them for specific marketing campaigns?

4. What is the most common job title of your customers? Are they CEO's, or VP of IT, or CIO or Director of IT or VP of Marketing or Marketing Manager or Sales Associates or just "owner"?

5. Do you make an effort to focus specially on a job title? And do you instruct your team to avoid certain job titles because they are a waste of time?

6. Do people ever say to you "I don't want any of the domains you're showing me, but I am in the market for a good domain and have a budget for the right name. Can you show me some more domains that fit my criteria? And if people do say this to you, do you work on finding them a domain from another broker? or somehow closing a deal with them? Or is it to inefficient to chase these types of deal?

7. With regards to managing your team - Using the reason of “ Work hard so can keep your job” isn't as effective as “Work hard so you can move up in the company and pay rate” Do you create some type of career path for your team to motivate them so they have a higher sense of ownership in their job? Or have you not crossed this bridge quite yet?

8. You are a true pioneer with a lot of heart and you must have positive energy coming out of your ears. What do you find is the most challenging aspect of this type of business? Is it finding the right type of staff? Or disrespectful customers? Or the lack of repeat business? Lack of powerful software tools so it's too manually intensive? Email deliverability challenges? Or knowing the next step you should take with the business or when to hire more staff?

You have a wise view/approach with regards to not being overly concerned about employees quitting while still being cautious enough to keep control of certain processes. You can't build a business without hiring and training employees, it's a risk all business owners take. But in my experience, I've found that it's a waste of energy to be too worried or paranoid about employees leaving, because worrying about something you can't control is useless. The majority of people simply do not want to take on the burden of being the owner. I still find it odd, but the best sales people I have worked with prefer to maintain a balance of work and enjoying their evenings and weekends to recharge and have no desire to be the owner, yet they are still top performers and highly ambitious without losing their freedom.

I'm still a domain newbie and new to this forum, but so far this is the most actionable and inspirational post I've come across. Good on you. With your determination and attitude, I'd bet money on your success anytime.

Also..I tried to avoid questions that might be a little too revealing, so I hope none of these questions are too nosy. If they are, just skip.

Hi ,

Some of your questions are already answered in the thread . I would answer remaining questions..

1. In case geo domains target is always small business or individuals.
2. That completely depend upon domain name. If you are targeting geo/keyword domains with selling price of xxx or low xxxx than you would always receive response from small company.
3. Well different usage for different domains and different end-users have different mindset. Its not possible to answer such generic question as lots of factors are involved.
4. Again depend upon domain name. If its a Geo domain and small business is a target than it would be owner. But generally its the CEO or the Digital marketing head whom you should target.
5. Again depends upon domain name and leads.
6. Yes i do receive such response and i have closed few deals from my own inventory. In couple of cases end user themselves asked us to market or find potential buyer for their domain. Couple of such cases are in pipeline.
7. I haven't crossed that bridge yet at-least for domaining. Though i have handled more than 100 employees but that was in different field.
8. All the points you mentioned are applicable .
9. Well you can put system in place but everything is not in your hand. If an employee wants to cheat or to leave than their is nothing much you can do about that. However keeping proper office environment , creating protocols and system in office is surely in your hand.

Note:- I dont think i have ever avoided any question and rather I have always shared much more than i should so there is nothing to skip for me...

•••
This needs to be pinned somewhere. Great post and info for questions we see repeatedly.

•••
Thanks @rohitgoyal for your insights...

Wonder why you took Geo domains as an example...

What happened to your plans you last posted...any progress?!

As i have initially mentioned this post is for beginners. It is easier for new person to purchase geo domains as its available for hand registration and can be sold easily via outbound for decent roi. Keyword and brandable domains can be tricky niche and they are not available for hand registration so new person can easily burn their finger in the same.

As for that plan , its still in pipeline and background work is going on for the same. it may take couple of more months before its implemented.

•••
Thank you Rohit for the information shared.

I would like to know if this mode of selling is viable if you consider the time & effort required to close a sale.

In addition your outbound method of selling would mostly work in countries which benefit from currency exchange value and where labour is cheap.

For example, In developed countries it would not be financially possible to hire a team of 4-5 execs and sell domains in the 200-499 range unless the sale numbers are huge. The working costs would overshadow the profits. And without the team it just too much of work for a single person.

I would share 3 points before answering your question.

1. There is only one rule in domaining that there are no rules. There can be 100 different methods of being successful in donaining and I have just shared one of them.. now it's individual call which method suits them or which one is viable for them.
2. Domaining is not a get rich scheme. There is no alternative for hard work, be it inbound or outbound. Couple of my friends are very successful with inbound but they have spend years researching on right kind of domains.
3. As I have initially mentioned this guide is for beginners who wishes to get started with initial sale. Someone maybe happy with $1000 per month revenue while other may require $10,000 per month.

Now back to your question. Yes lots of time and effort is required for outbound and that's the reason hardly .01% of domainers are into outbound.
Secondly I just gave an example of hand registered domains which can be sold for $200-499 range. You can.pick up better names from auctions and sale them for xxxx or xxxxx.
Thirdly I personally prefer to have $500 cash in my pocket right now rather than imagining to have $5000 virtual money over the years.now
Fourth yes it's convenient for people leaving in countries with cheap labour to do outbound however people living in US or UK have their own advantage as they can close the deals faster due to trust factor and being aware about local market.

•••
Thanks for this generous post. A few questions for you.

1. If you analyze your past customers, how large are they in terms of revenue or employees or any way to get an idea of their size? Are they mostly solopreneurs or freelancers or really small businesses?

2. Do you find more success with smaller or larger companies?

3. What is the reason they are purchasing the domain from you? Are they mainly people who want to protect their brand online? Or do they have a new business initiative they need a separate website for? Or are they business owners that just collect domains for potential future businesses? Or do they want to use them for specific marketing campaigns?

4. What is the most common job title of your customers? Are they CEO's, or VP of IT, or CIO or Director of IT or VP of Marketing or Marketing Manager or Sales Associates or just "owner"?

5. Do you make an effort to focus specially on a job title? And do you instruct your team to avoid certain job titles because they are a waste of time?

6. Do people ever say to you "I don't want any of the domains you're showing me, but I am in the market for a good domain and have a budget for the right name. Can you show me some more domains that fit my criteria? And if people do say this to you, do you work on finding them a domain from another broker? or somehow closing a deal with them? Or is it to inefficient to chase these types of deal?

7. With regards to managing your team - Using the reason of “ Work hard so can keep your job” isn't as effective as “Work hard so you can move up in the company and pay rate” Do you create some type of career path for your team to motivate them so they have a higher sense of ownership in their job? Or have you not crossed this bridge quite yet?

8. You are a true pioneer with a lot of heart and you must have positive energy coming out of your ears. What do you find is the most challenging aspect of this type of business? Is it finding the right type of staff? Or disrespectful customers? Or the lack of repeat business? Lack of powerful software tools so it's too manually intensive? Email deliverability challenges? Or knowing the next step you should take with the business or when to hire more staff?

You have a wise view/approach with regards to not being overly concerned about employees quitting while still being cautious enough to keep control of certain processes. You can't build a business without hiring and training employees, it's a risk all business owners take. But in my experience, I've found that it's a waste of energy to be too worried or paranoid about employees leaving, because worrying about something you can't control is useless. The majority of people simply do not want to take on the burden of being the owner. I still find it odd, but the best sales people I have worked with prefer to maintain a balance of work and enjoying their evenings and weekends to recharge and have no desire to be the owner, yet they are still top performers and highly ambitious without losing their freedom.

I'm still a domain newbie and new to this forum, but so far this is the most actionable and inspirational post I've come across. Good on you. With your determination and attitude, I'd bet money on your success anytime.

Also..I tried to avoid questions that might be a little too revealing, so I hope none of these questions are too nosy. If they are, just skip.

Last edited:
•••
lol

you started it :)

imo….

Ha ha ha agreed i am at fault here. I just to wanted to share and help other newbies so that they dont waste money and time like i have done in my initial days..

•••
You mention in the post the difference it meant when you hired a team, and the success that came after that. I was wondering, if you have time, if you could expand on the type of people/skills you looked for in your team hiring, and in particular did they have domain, outbound or both experience. It would also be interesting to know if you differentiate on your team, like do some handle certain topics or geographical regions, or any team member can potentially handle any domain name contact.

Well all my team members were fresher and they had no idea regarding outbound or domains. I have personally trained all of them. After working for almost a year in outbound , i have developed a process that my work runs mostly on auto mode and each team member know what exactly they have to do.

•••
Sending unsolicited sales emails could be considered spamming.

That being said, if you are sending highly targeted emails to prospects

that would benefit from owning the domain you are trying to sell

it is less likely to elicit a negative response and so it is less likely

to get you reported for spamming.

The key is to not try and sell sh*t domains to people who would never

want them in the first place.

•••
Back