Dynadot

offers Outbound Offer: Should I accept or counter-offer (Help!)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBeam

Established Member
Impact
Original BIN: $1100
Offer is $400

Wondering if I should counter-offer or take the $400...this is my first outbound email response, so would greatly appreciate some help!

-----------------------------------
The lead's email response:
We received your email regarding the FRONTIV.COM domain. First of all, thanks for reaching out. Second, we do have some interest in acquiring the domain, but unfortunately, we cannot do it at the asking price. As an early-stage company, we have a number of priorities competing for the same (small) pool of capital. Would you be willing to part ways with it for $400.00? That’s the best we can shake loose.

Regards,
xxxxxx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well... sounds like they'd want it bad enough for the $400 to still take that deal if you counter with say $750 and they decline.

gl

•••
I feel like it can't hurt to counter here. $750 as alcy said seems like a good price point to come back with, but in the end it's your choice. Good luck

•••
If you can live with the $400, take it without countering. Sometimes sending a counter can frustrate the buyer. If you can live without the $400, then counter.

•••
If you can live with the $400, take it without countering. Sometimes sending a counter can frustrate the buyer. If you can live without the $400, then counter.
I had an experience recently and buyer angerily reduced his initial offer by 50 dollars lol

•••
I would take it. They say at the last sentence it is their final offer. Not worth negotiating more unless there are other potential buyers. If there are you can consider starting an auction and inviting all, but in my experience auctions don't work, they end with one or zero bid. You should be happy that they responded. In my experience they don't even say we are not interested.

Last edited:
•••
to my mind it depends on how much the $400 would come in handy right now. If it is a good sum for you and brightens your day - take it. If on the other hand your in a negotiating mind-set I would counter (very politely at say $600) By the wording being used by the buyer, I don't think you are going to lose this sale If you keep everything on a nice friendly level.

Note, The buyer doesn't use the words "final offer" Shake loose is open to "Shaking" a little bit more. You'll feel better at having 'negotiated' and won't be left wondering if you could have got a little bit more.

Use the wording or something similar to:
Thank you for your kind offer, If we could agree on $600 fot the sale of XXXXX.com I'd be happy to complete the transfer. I hope the domain proves to be a worthy asset to your company.
Kind regards
XXXXXXX

Last edited:
•••
take it

when you google for the domain

this thread appears
on top position

•••
•••
•••
Take it now. Indexing in giggle may hurt any counter offer.

btw, please let us know what you do.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back