Dynadot

offers Got a $800 offer for BLOCK / MX , should I counter or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Take Offer or Counter

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Take Offer

votes
    41.7%
  • Counteroffer

votes
    58.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
The first offer I got for my domains: 800USD for block / mx @ undeveloped from a mexican IP

Try to counter for higher or just accept it?

I had this domain for a week and I did only a little outbound with it. I had it priced at Undeveloped for 4888 USD.

It would cover all my expenses for the 90~ hand regs.

Not sure how countering works, if he declines the counter offer, can I still go back to 800 USD? Or does it lose the sale?

Thanks.

Similar sales:
bitcoins.mx 530 USD 2018-04-15
fragrance.mx 9,999 USD 2018-08-27
wine.mx 25,001 USD 2015-11-09
--
block.sh 2,500 USD 2018-08-01
block.club 1,533 USD 2017-11-05
block.world 3800 USD
block.co 5000 USD
block.cc 4,950 USD
--
blockchain.in 13,500 USD 2018-04-24
blockchain.ventures 42,000 USD 2018-02-27
blockchain.academy 3,388 USD 2018-02-12
blockchain.guide 180 USD 2017-12-29
blockchain.ly 965 USD 2017-08-02
blockchain.at 3,708 USD 2016-11-21
blockchain.to 323 USD 2016-01-19
blockchain.nl 2,253 USD 2015-08-28
blockchain.fr 3,000 USD

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't comment earlier because I don't have a tremendous amount of experience in non .coms and could not offer any useful info.

But as said above, sometimes it is best to go with heart/gut instinct. I have gotten away from offer/counter offer exchanges except on my top tier 4L, single word or superior phrase names as many people get buyers remorse and change their mind/offer. 95% of my names have a buy it now price even though it is a lot of work to go through several hundreds of names every couple of months to adjust pricing when needed.

Please let us know if the buyer comes back around and/or how you do with the auction.

•••
I didn't comment earlier because I don't have a tremendous amount of experience in non .coms and could not offer any useful info.

But as said above, sometimes it is best to go with heart/gut instinct. I have gotten away from offer/counter offer exchanges except on my top tier 4L, single word or superior phrase names as many people get buyers remorse and change their mind/offer. 95% of my names have a buy it now price even though it is a lot of work to go through several hundreds of names every couple of months to adjust pricing when needed.

Please let us know if the buyer comes back around and/or how you do with the auction.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I've tried a few outbounds with it but it's way harder to find blockchain mexico companies than it was to find forex brokers in belize (for exchange / bz) so my gut instinct was to sell it; I mean it was a profit of 80x any way you look at it.

Update: I went all in and listed Exchange / bz as well since I think it's relevant to the people who are going to be viewing these auctions and can be short for business and not so much country specific like block / mx.

Hopefully one of them will sell!

My description:
Short for Exchange.business, this is the perfect domain for a Crypto or Forex exchange related business! Example sales: exchange.info 12,016 USD | exchange.nl 4,690 USD | exchange.top 2,501 USD

AAGzawl.png

•••
I dont think its a good idea to post previous sales.
It could hurt

•••
I dont think its a good idea to post previous sales.
It could hurt

Why's that? I only posted high values, so it would be good if I got around that. Example sales: exchange.info 12,016 USD | exchange.nl 4,690 USD | exchange.top 2,501 USD

Would be good to get 2500 even.

•••
Those you posted for block.mx are 2500-5000 and you chose .sh .world .co .cc which are quite good contenders against .mx.
It wouldve hurt on a 1000-4999 reserve but you set 500-999 so nvm

•••
•••
matrix is a better meaning than mexico imo :xf.wink:

•••
yeah good idea, done.

My message:

Hi [name], thank you for your offer. I can offer something closer to your budget. Previous related sales: block.sh 2,500 USD block.club 1,533 USD block.world 3,800 USD block.co 5,000 USD block.cc 4,950 USD Gracias.
Heck yeah ! Where did you list it ?

•••
At Undeveloped, the counter will negate the $800 offer.

This is as a simple matter of law - nothing to do with Undeveloped. When an offer is made only a perfect tender (exact acceptance of the exact offer and terms) creates an enforceable contract (deal). Any counteroffer extinguishes the validity of the original offer.

Also when an offer is made - at any time before you accept, the offeror has a legal right to withdraw his offer.

Offer. Acceptance. Consideration. = a contract.

Of course this is the internet and unfortunately bozos make offers that you accept exactly and they still don’t always perform.

Last edited:
•••
Offer. Acceptance. Consideration. = a contract

You brought up an old memory for me...I told someone this long ago regarding a sale, as they kept waffling on an deal.

I told them until an exchange of consideration occurred we didn't have a contract. They replied something like "I've been considering this for a while, so we have a contract".

It took several more exchanges before I could convince them 'consideration' meant money or something of value.

•••
Well yes and no. There is a further concept in law called detrimental reliance which allows someone where there has been offer and acceptance to force someone to perform under what’s called the theory of promissory estoppel.

What all that legalese means - is that if the offeree relied on the offerror’s acceptance, to his detriment, then formal consideration is not necessarily required to enforce the contract. This happens all the times for example in auctions. The high bidder wins and then the seller loses the benefit of all the losing bidders, even say a bidder who was just below the winning bid. In these circumstances the winning bidder may be forced to perform because the seller has relied on his paying up to his detriment - the detriment being that he lost the benefit of selling to all the other bidders. He also might have lost time - time that would be needed to set up another auction. Maybe there were advertising costs or other hard costs lost too.

Another classic example of detrimental reliance is “I’ll give my favorite nephew my entire inheritance if he gives up drinking and womanizing and gets married to a nice girl” - if the nephew does all that he’s given up something in detrimental reliance of receiving an inheritance, and could force the uncle’s estate to pay up at the uncle’s death, assuming of course that giving up drinking and womanizing could be contrued as something worthwhile.

But in general you’re on the right track - a mere promise without more is not enforceable. This is more to protect the seller than the buyer, otherwise someone couid accept your offer, never give you a dime, and then try to force you to perform after you’ve told them to get lost because they never paid.

•••
Okay welp, no reply yet at the undeveloped chat messenger. Been over a day now.

I guess I'll submit it to sedo crypto auctions once they reply to my ticket. Not sure if I can get above what he offered over there though?

Guess I can wait and make another reply to him in a few days.
Counter offer....May be you can sell it for $800 if he is not agree on your counter offer

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back