NameSilo

ORG and NET no COM and Fantasy Football

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact

Anyone interested in starting up a NP Fantasy Football League?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm going to give one more bump and likely come up with a simpler easily managed NP league that will take 2 minutes of anyone's time a week versus a full on effort.

I'll just have to save up to get some NP$ or something to make it worthwhile...

•••
•••
Sorry Guys, Been Incredibly busy these past coupla weeks.

Can you send me the invite again?

My PM Box is now open.

•••

Being that I read this at about 2am I couldn't figure out what Bishop Desmond Tutu had to do with anything ?!?

I think I'm going to go the simple route. It will make it far less time consuming and people can be interested in every week.

I'll post some initial rules and we'll have a stab going back and forth with some twists and then I'll start a new thread.

It's going to be a simple weekly "Pick Em" idea. Far less time investing.. so you can focus on scanning drop lists on a Sunday afternoon.

•••
randmid_1255628654_fantasy-football1.gif

We only need 4 more after TDS signs up, I am not giving up on it yet lol

•••
I'd be down for both a pick 'em and a fantasy league..

•••
I'd be down for both a pick 'em and a fantasy league..

I figure a pick em would be easy.

Eagles to win - check
Cardinals to lose - check
Cincinatti to lose - check

That's 3-0 each week right there (except byes)

Add
Chicago to lose and you'll be 4-0 most weeks :)

•••
•••
John Harbaugh not going to kick many touchbacks this year:

He's the coach, dopey! lol

Overall it's bad for a lot of secondary skills players. Some players used to get paid more money because they were great on special teams.. now special teams is just a spot on the roster to carry players.

No one, in any part of any industry respects the grafters anymore.

Devin Hester's value just halved because while he's a Top 3 kick returner, he's probably only a 3rd option received (even on that team).

The NFL sucks. Next up.. more speed controls in motorracing - The Indy 500 will now take 9 hrs as field restricted to 55 mph.

Yawn

•••
TEN Ways to Tell If Your Fantasy Football Season Is Already Doomed

10. Your opponent missed the first bye week and you still lost!

9. You have a lot of "great" players.

8. You're rooting for injuries.

7. No one is talking trash to you.

6. Your best player is on your favorite team.

5. Other teams have approached you for collusion.

4. You've made zero moves.

3. Your bench has outscored your starters every week.

2. Your team has more than one kicker.

1. You only have 6 teams in a 10 team league.

Last edited:
•••
TEN Ways to Tell If Your Fantasy Football Season Is Already Doomed

10. Your opponent missed the first bye week and you still lost!

9. You have a lot of "great" players.

8. You're rooting for injuries.

7. No one is talking trash to you.

6. Your best player is on your favorite team.

5. Other teams have approached you for collusion.

4. You've made zero moves.

3. Your bench has outscored your starters every week.

2. Your team has more than one kicker.

1. You only have 5 teams in a 10 team league.

I'm thinking you modified the answer to #1 :)

•••
•••
Only 6 teams...wtf?

What's the matter NP...
You scared???

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Hey DU,

Why don't you get a mod to change the title of this thread to something like...
Join the NamePros Fantasy Football League...if you dare!

Who knows...maybe a more specific title change will attract a couple more football fans...

Last edited:
•••
I am pulling the plug on the Fantasy Football league. I just removed it on my sig before I saw your post dot stop. I cant even imagine what our draft would have been like. There zero interest and I guess my siggy gets seen lol We almost pulled it last week and decide to give it to the weekend, then i decided to give it to this weekend, but I see no use continuing.

•••
I understand but we still have a few weeks til the official start of the season...

•••
I understand but we still have a few weeks til the official start of the season...

I can't even be bothered to do a Pick Em, lol.

I think I'll just watch games, drink beer, and call you when your stinky bears lose.

•••
Hey thats a thought, if the bears lose early in the year i dont have to hear about them during the holidays lol

Everyone that signed up that doesnt know, now been pm, sorry folks

poop.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I think I'll just watch games, drink beer, and call you when your stinky bears lose.

Go ahead and quit...That's ok. I will start a new thread after each and every bears win anyways.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Hey thats a thought, if the bears lose early in the year i dont have to hear about them during the holidays lol

Everyone that signed up that doesnt know, now been pm, sorry folks

poop.jpg

Awesome picture john!
repped. :lol:

Bah - NP wont let me rep you!!!

Last edited:
•••
I am normally not much of a preseason ball watcher, but the Niners vs Raiders is on tv now

SFvsOKLAND_xlarge.jpeg

•••
I am normally not much of a preseason ball watcher, but the Niners vs Raiders is on tv now

SFvsOKLAND_xlarge.jpeg

I wouldn't even watch this in the REGULAR season unless it was the only game on...

Eagles are taking the preseason easy, I think (hope).

Will setup a Pick Em Post tomorrow, I think. I don't have enough NP$ to make it worthwhile so it will just have to be for "HONO(U)R"

•••
I wouldn't even watch this in the REGULAR season

You live on the other coast lol, its a big game on the west. Staduim looks packed

Is the Dolphins vs Bucs a big game?

(9er coach upgrade looks real to me so far)

Last edited:
•••
You live on the other coast lol, its a big game on the west. Staduim looks packed

Is the Dolphins vs Bucs a big game?

No game the Dolphins are in is a big game. The most important game for the Dolphins is the last unbeaten team losing every year.

Important games are the Eagles v NFC East and the Bears vs NFC North and, after that, the Playoffs.

San Francisco hasn't mattered since Deion bolted to Dallas :) And the Raiders haven't been relevant since.. well... I don't know... maybe when John Madden was coach.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

P.S.

I'm watching the Aints against the Texans aka "What has Andre Johnson done to deserve being stuck on this team his whole career".

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I hear Alex Smith is having an effective game doing everything but scoring.

•••
Raiders haven't been relevant since.. well... I don't know... maybe when John Madden was coach.

No the tuck playoff game in new england-superbowl loss lol %%-

•••
No the tuck playoff game in new england-superbowl loss lol %%-

That's true. One of those "We got the call wrong but rather than admit it we changed the rule" moments.

At least Woodson got his Superbowl.

•••
The Battle of the Bay is a real battle. 0-0 I just dont know if there equally good or bad. Ok odds are bad lol

20110818_033651_stadiumcrop2.jpg

now 0-3 49ers lead. 49ners marched down the field on the raider defense for the third time in the first half, i got to give them the edge

Almost halftime and all raider starters still playing, guess they need a point before benching them

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back