Watch

sameh mohamed

Account Closed
Impact
i just wonder about new domain name extension domain.online
is it worthy to own them or not as the good keyword domain already registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally dont think it's right that this registry's are reserving names as premium domains. I mean surely they shouldn't be allowed to do that...they are a registry and make their money from selling domains names and registering them. Why are they now moving in to the domain investment/trading market, they are pretty much competing with a lot of their own customers now.
completely agree. I tried hand-regging at least a few hundred high-quality keyword .online names today, about 3% were available for normal price, 65% were taken, and the rest were available but for thousands, some over $30k. No one in the right mind would pay that, and any possible end users would cringe at that. Extensions gain traction only if domainers can get their hands on them and start buying and selling them to create value. The registrars are only hurting themselves.

•••
completely agree. I tried hand-regging at least a few hundred high-quality keyword .online names today, about 3% were available for normal price, 65% were taken, and the rest were available but for thousands, some over $30k. No one in the right mind would pay that, and any possible end users would cringe at that. Extensions gain traction only if domainers can get their hands on them and start buying and selling them to create value. The registrars are only hurting themselves.

I know exactly what you mean mate, I found soooo many gems in the .online TLD but most of them have been greedily listed as premium domains by the darn registrar. Listed for ridiculously high prices too.... I think TLD owners should put a stop to this sort of behaviour and make it clear to registrars that they are not allowed to do this... you are right all they are doing is hurting the market and shooting themselves in the foot.

•••
I added dozens of domains in my cart at non-premium prices. As soon as I added them to my cart, the price adjusted to premium. Guess it was a glitch in namecheaps system.

I still got some that I'm very happy with

•••
I added dozens of domains in my cart at non-premium prices. As soon as I added them to my cart, the price adjusted to premium. Guess it was a glitch in namecheaps system.

I still got some that I'm very happy with
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I had a bunch of domains in my cart (and they showed regular prices) but when I went to payment, I got an error that they were premium. Later yesterday evening, I tried other similar names, and they showed regular price but when I added to cart they showed premium price. Weird.

•••
This is something I have suspected for a long time. There have been times for years now when I would find a seriously insanely killer domain.. even with a .com and .net TLD. and the domain would be available. Soon as I add to cart I get whacked with a premium domain listing price. I have seen this happen over various registrars. First time it happened it was with FXdomains. I was convinced it was a sneaky underhanded business tactic that they used to secure killer domains. I can't for the life of me remember what any of these domain names were..but I do remember that when I entered the name in FX domains search bar it showed available and then when I added to cart it was stuck for a few minutes and then I refreshed and tried again...and domain was no longer available. I thought it was rather suspect but ignored it... until it happened again a few months later...then I started using other registrars and I saw that the exact same senario you mentioned with them getting listed as premier domains as soon as they were added to the cart...

•••
This is something I have suspected for a long time. There have been times for years now when I would find a seriously insanely killer domain.. even with a .com and .net TLD. and the domain would be available. Soon as I add to cart I get whacked with a premium domain listing price. I have seen this happen over various registrars. First time it happened it was with FXdomains. I was convinced it was a sneaky underhanded business tactic that they used to secure killer domains. I can't for the life of me remember what any of these domain names were..but I do remember that when I entered the name in FX domains search bar it showed available and then when I added to cart it was stuck for a few minutes and then I refreshed and tried again...and domain was no longer available. I thought it was rather suspect but ignored it... until it happened again a few months later...then I started using other registrars and I saw that the exact same senario you mentioned with them getting listed as premier domains as soon as they were added to the cart...
That happens with probably 25% of the domains I attempt to buy on GoDaddy. It will say it's available, I click add to cart, then it says it's not available. I would understand if it was seldom but it happens so much to me.

•••
Yikes man.... hmmm

I wonder, what would it take for a small group of people like members here on namepros, to start our own registrar? I have no clue what it entails and how one would go about doing it....but I mean if a a group of reputable members here started their own registrar, one that guarantee's none of this BS and no such things a reserving premium domains and all of that crap.. if it's not registered then its fair game for the first person who registers it...no premium prices. I'm sure just about everyone here would move all their domains over to to a namepros members registrar...I know I sure as hell would.. we can give all the other registrars the finger and won't need to put up with their mafia style business tactics.

•••
Yikes man.... hmmm

I wonder, what would it take for a small group of people like members here on namepros, to start our own registrar? I have no clue what it entails and how one would go about doing it....but I mean if a a group of reputable members here started their own registrar, one that guarantee's none of this BS and no such things a reserving premium domains and all of that crap.. if it's not registered then its fair game for the first person who registers it...no premium prices. I'm sure just about everyone here would move all their domains over to to a namepros members registrar...I know I sure as hell would.. we can give all the other registrars the finger and won't need to put up with their mafia style business tactics.

You'd likely needs accountants, attorneys, etc

•••
Today I took these .onlines:

paychecks

emoticons

philanthropist

centerfolds

gameshows

checkprices

•••
You'd likely needs accountants, attorneys, etc

Yep, I suspect though that accountants and attorneys might well be available right here :) I;m sure we must have at least 1 member thats an accountant and 1 member thats an attorney :)

•••
Yep, I suspect though that accountants and attorneys might well be available right here :) I;m sure we must have at least 1 member thats an accountant and 1 member thats an attorney :)

More than anything else youll need big $$$.
It is no different than domain investing, in that it is a gamble, a bigger one in fact, which explains the premium domain offerings and all. They are in it to make money, to make it worthwhile.

•••
kreuzfahrten.online - Sold for $3041 on Sedo.

I think it means cruises in English or something like that.

Either way it's promising for all of us .online fans here. :)

•••
I've found that the practice of screwing domainers out of domains you search for or put in cart then find the system jacks up there price to as premium cost is now par for their course in an ever changing industry that caters to the registrar.

With the addition of so many extensions now the big boys are yet again finding even more ways to grab more money while shafting the littler guy.

Greed greed greed is the motivating factor of course. When the Chinese invasion begun the execs salivated over the millions more they will easily make.

Get used to it folks cause the domain business is now the bastion of those with deep pockets and wanton need for mega profits while the everyday domainer gets it u know where!

•••
Just listed one of my online domains on a Flippa auction... lets see how it goes. :)

•••
•••
Okays scratch that... I listed 2 of my .online domains now on Flippa Auctions...

Fingers crossed... I listed (forextrader.online and easyrecipes.online)

Feel free to drop a comment on my auction... if you believe that the domain is good and my price is fair... :)

•••
You do know easyrecipesonline.com is for sale on Sedo for $1900? - and for now no one is interested.
I think putting $1300 starting price for your name is a little bit too optimistic...
Flippa is geared towards domainers - so I wouldn't expect more than low $xx from them.

•••
You do know easyrecipesonline.com is for sale on Sedo for $1900? - and for now no one is interested.
I think putting $1300 starting price for your name is a little bit too optimistic...
Flippa is geared towards domainers - so I wouldn't expect more than low $xx from them.

Yikes... thanks for pointing that out... I didn't realize the .com was selling on SEDO for that cheap...

I own the .net as well....

I'm gonna adjust the sales price on my easyrecipes.online domain now...lol

•••
Argh!!! I just got another great domain screwed! Thanks NameCheap. I searched for Matrix.club it was available and the price was $0.88 cos they running a special on .club domains. I clicked add to cart and then it goes to a support page. When I click back the domain shows a premium domain priced at $4800

•••
Argh!!! I just got another great domain screwed! Thanks NameCheap. I searched for Matrix.club it was available and the price was $0.88 cos they running a special on .club domains. I clicked add to cart and then it goes to a support page. When I click back the domain shows a premium domain priced at $4800

Well what do you think, if matrix.club were available for a normal reg price, it would have been taken already!

•••
I'm just surprised as to how fast .online has taken off over the last few weeks. All numbers from to 1 to 10000 are hand reg'd(not sure about 0 starters though as Excel won't combine numbers + gtld). As well, the L, LL's are gone and about 80% of the LLL's too.

•••
.online is a no brainer but might be a while to see prices all generally go up. .Online domains didnt do bad at Namescon.

•••
.online is well liked in europe and the chinese as usual secured their short ones already, although mostly by speculators.

There are some non chip llls remaining, Im thinking if I should get another 50 or 100. I feel like I have to but I hate to see ugly names in my portfolio lol

•••
.online is well liked in europe and the chinese as usual secured their short ones already, although mostly by speculators.

There are some non chip llls remaining, Im thinking if I should get another 50 or 100. I feel like I have to but I hate to see ugly names in my portfolio lol
I'm the same way.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back