IT.COM

discuss If the domain is new registered. Does that mean it has no value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

most123

Established Member
Impact
i really wonder about this issue and also personally i don't agree with those people who think that when the domain is a new registered then its not premium and no value ...they say why no one registered it along that time it has been available?

does that mean it has no value really because no one registered it?
personally i don't think that

i see some new registered domains were appraised for xxx and xxxx in the professional appraisals..and some old domains easily drop and expire every day...and end users are registering names every day and these new registered names turn into sites without looking about their age.

so the value is not about the domains age.

what is your opinion?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you have 45jhgdjsgertjjyytyt.com and someone buys it for $2.227 million dollars, than that's the value. What's happening now is that the Chinese are buying like crazy and what had no value before it may have, thanks to them.

In other words: value is in the eyes of the beholder.

edited to add: as a rule better name have been snapped by others many years ago but names drop, people forget, don't see the value like some do etc etc.

•••
age is only one factor to a name value, but there are many more important factors. there is probably some invention that has yet to be created that the entire world will use, but the brand and domain name haven't been made yet, but will have huge value in the future

•••
I think age is just a number. But if she is 18 years of age or older then you can have her.

•••
I don't think that is a good advice. A deal is a deal, unless terms and conditions are not fulfilled.

age is only one factor to a name value, but there are many more important factors. there is probably some invention that has yet to be created that the entire world will use, but the brand and domain name haven't been made yet, but will have huge value in the future

Aged names definitely sell better. In regard to gTLDs I believe the majority of sales will come in about 4 years from now. The new extension that are still around then have proven their longevity and will be considered a 'safe' investment for businesses. The business owner knows the extension wont disappear overnight, he knows what costs he can expect and so on.

So yes, don't expect to register a gTLD and flip it for 5000% ROI. If you want that go with COMs, that can happen if you find a name a business really wants but that requires expertise and knowledge. There are still good hangregs.

If you buy gTLDs you need to speculate a great deal e.g. which extension will still be around then? I have my theories which extensions will make it. I look at the registrar, how well they are funded and whether the extension is profiable and how profitable. Lots of things you have to take into account. I already registered some crappy names but it's a learning curve. Drop the names you believe have no value and keep the winners for 5 years. Winners are one-word names that fit the extension extremely well (category killer).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back