Dynadot

OMG. I hate these people

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I think what you have done is illegal. It is certainly unethical.

I'll inform all the relevant authorities and DaimlerChrysler who will no doubt
investigate your activities.

"Keenen Thompson" wrote:
>MaybachRental.com
> or
>MaybachRentals.com
>
>I aquired these domains and then saw your site while searching the keywords
>on Google and I just wanted to know if you are interested in them.
>
>

Kind regards,
Steve Bernard,
Chief Executive,
Royal Silver Service
Tel: 08701 993910
Mob: 07976 724566
Email: [email protected]

The UK's sole official Maybach chauffeur company

What the heck did I do wrong? I ask him a question and then he goes what I did is wrong and unethical. I thought people might want to rent some maybachs and the domain was availible. There are tons of other domains registered with stuff like mercedesrentals.com or bmwrentals.com. Is it possible I could get in trouble?

I'm panicking helpp! :*(

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Humdizzy said:
Is it possible I could get in trouble?
Unfortunately, yes...

You're trying to profit from a Daimler Chrysler registered Trademark..

They have TMs for a ton of stuff involving Maybach..

Word Mark MAYBACH
Goods and Services IC 002. US 006 011 016. G & S: Anti-rust greases and oils; color pigments, corrosion inhibiting paint type coatings for commercial marine use; paint and lacquer glazes; lacquer coatings; molding compounds, namely, colorants use in the manufacture of plastic; exterior paint, paint for industrial equipment and machinery; paint for use in the automobile, railway and aerospace industries; primers for preparing surfaces to be painted; natural resins for use in the manufacture of adhesives; rust preservative coatings; sealer coatings for use in the automobile, railway and aerospace industries; undercoating for surfaces to be painted and for vehicle chassis; varnish
IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: Preparations for body and beauty care, namely, toilet water, after shave lotion and shaving cream, hair lotions, perfumes, essential oils for personal use, toilet soaps, tooth paste, nail varnish, nail care preparations, lipsticks, eyebrow pencils, mascara

IC 004. US 001 006 015. G & S: Automobile and automotive lubricants and greases; lubricants for aircraft engines; lubrication grease for vehicles; motor oil; nonchemical motor oil additives

IC 008. US 023 028 044. G & S: Nail clippers and files; hand jacksl; knife sheaths; pocket knives; manicure and pedicure sets; scissors; hand tools, namely, screwdrivers; tableware, namely, knives, forks and spoons made of precious and non-precious metal

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Blank audio and video cassettes, prerecorded audio and video cassettes and compact discs featuring automotive topics, music, and related matters of interest to automobile owners, namely, automobile servicing, maintenance, repair, towing, transportation, leasing, renting and traveling; spectacles, spectacle frames, spectacle cases, directional compasses

IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Automobiles and their structural parts

..............................And much more..............

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 76488226
Filing Date February 6, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1B;44D
Original Filing Basis 1B;44D
Owner (APPLICANT) DaimlerChrysler AG CORPORATION FED REP GERMANY Epplestrasse 225 70567 Stuttgart FED REP GERMANY
Attorney of Record V. T. Giordano
Priority Date August 6, 2002
Prior Registrations 2229825;2424378;2682222
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL-2(F)
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

You can search for "maybach" Trademarks here:
http://www.uspto.gov/

If (when) they contact you I would advice you to hand over the domains right away without any questions...

•••
A hard lesson to learn the hard way. But better you learn it now rather than
later and get into even much bigger trouble...

•••
I think that bozo's response was a little heavy handed. :bah:

To state someone's actions are illegal is fine as that may well be a simple statement of fact. But to call a complete stranger "unethical" is quite a leap. If one has to assume, at least assume ignorance and allow them to correct their mistake.

Lyte

•••
Lyte said:
I think that bozo's response was a little heavy handed. :bah:

To state someone's actions are illegal is fine as that may well be a simple statement of fact. But to call a complete stranger "unethical" is quite a leap. If one has to assume, at least assume ignorance and allow them to correct their mistake.

Lyte

See why cant everyone be like you. You made me feel better. I'm not so worried.

•••
I doubt that they will do anything..... its not as big a deal as many make it out to be. If you breach TM and someone picks you up on it, all you have to do is hand it over. They would much prefer that than to take you to court.

•••
Zeeble said:
I doubt that they will do anything..... its not as big a deal as many make it out to be. If you breach TM and someone picks you up on it, all you have to do is hand it over. They would much prefer that than to take you to court.
: phew : Thanks. If they contact me I will hand the domains right over cause I dont want to have to go to court over 3.99.

•••
Humdizzy said:
: phew : Thanks. If they contact me I will hand the domains right over cause I dont want to have to go to court over 3.99.

Just be sure to stay out of that kind of trouble after this, okay? ;)

This is something I'm sure many people don't do: check if there's an existing
trademark for the domain name/s they want to register. They're either being
naive or being stupid.

•••
Never approach end users with domains of TM issues
never never never :(

•••
Humdizzy said:
See why cant everyone be like you. You made me feel better. I'm not so worried.

Naw, don't sweat it too much. ;) If you're not allowed to have the domains, cough em up and let it be a lesson learned. :bingo:

kw31 said:
Never approach end users with domains of TM issues
never never never :(

Also a very good point! :bingo:

•••
The person could have been a bit more professional with thier e-mail IMO,But non the less just hand it over to em and be done with it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back