Dynadot

Not sure about IDN's ? Ask yourself These Questions !

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
1. Why are Big Registars in on IDN's ?

2. Why does Bill Gates own IDN's ?

3. Why did Adam Dickner aka Dot Com God - Buy 5 thousand of them ?

4. Check the sales threads at djnournal & http://www.idntools.net/idnsales.php

5. Have you REGd a Domain in the last couple of months with a overture over 50k or even 25k or even 10k ?

6. Show me a domain you reged in the last couple of weeks that Gets a 80 dollar Bid on the keyword , ie : 新潟不動産.com NiigataRealEstate.com ¥9,999 = 87.2222 USD Top Bid , maderfact show me one that Gets Half of that $43.50 , I'll answer mesothemioma.com been gone, caught and gone again !

7. Explain to me why so many people think that everybody speaks english ?

When the Fact is

Total number of users with European languages (excluding English): 276 million

Total number of users with Asian languages (excluding English): 241 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_internet_usage

8. Tell me if you would type in Japanse to find out the weather in New York if the internet was invented in Japan ? If ICANN and Microsoft were Japanese companies what tune would you be singing ?

9. Then tell me how excited you would be when you find out many years later you can now access domains in English ?

10. Then tell me why people continue to be blind to the fact and insist on Buying ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com instead of atleast looking into IDN's ?

11. Then tell me why people think that they have to do the translations themselves , i guess people never heard of hiring people or outsourcing or the Free IDN tutorial .?

15. Then tell me why google has spent millions to hire coders to change there algorithm to Index IDN's ?

16. Then tell me why there is suddenly a IDN section here ?

17. Then tell me why RJ spent all last night Searching the forums over at IDNF ?

18. * Why are companies using IDN's ?

Try to answer these and then Welcome to the Club :wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
thegenius1 said:
17. Then tell me why RJ spent all last night Searching the forums over at IDNF ?

How do you know that? Nice thread BTW! I know IDNs will rock the world in the coming years. I can hardly find any nice names unregged in Chinese niche already.
:'(

•••
duskdawn said:
How do you know that? Nice thread BTW! I know IDNs will rock the world in the coming years. I can hardly find any nice names unregged in Chinese niche already.
:'(
He was paying attention to the thread pointing to name pros on IDNF and the whole thread was contributed to by our members over 5-6 hours. RJ read every post and posted his responses.

•••
JeffM2 said:
He was paying attention to the thread pointing to name pros on IDNF and the whole thread was contributed to by our members over 5-6 hours. RJ read every post and posted his responses.
Yea, I found that one. Anyways, we see the new IDN section set up on NP today and I consider this a nice move. :$:

Last edited:
•••
I just found the thread, and it's very disappointing to see the rude and disrespectful way you guys spoke to (and about) RJ and the NP community. I could point out the various flaws and errors in your statements, even give factual examples showing how and why you are wrong, but instead I think I'd rather just point out something ironic...

People at IDNF are calling us a community of kids, when inside the same thread their members have user titles like "The Dumb F**k" and "Dumber than Dumb F**k" etc.

I suppose that's the mature-adult forum?

Enough said.

•••
-db- said:
I just found the thread, and it's very disappointing to see the rude and disrespectful way you guys spoke to (and about) RJ and the NP community. I could point out the various flaws and errors in your statements, even give factual examples showing how and why you are wrong, but instead I think I'd rather just point out something ironic...

People at IDNF are calling us a community of kids, when inside the same thread their members have user titles like "The Dumb F**k" and "Dumber than Dumb F**k" etc.

I suppose that's the mature-adult forum?

Enough said.
Please point out the flaws and errors.
I'll be waiting here with my keyboard.

I was the one that got -RJ- to decide to make the IDN subsection here.
If I hadn't budged who knows what would have happened with the IDN scene here.

•••
-db- said:
I just found the thread, and it's very disappointing to see the rude and disrespectful way you guys spoke to (and about) RJ and the NP community.

Second that. Olney should be having a serious word to some of his members.

•••
dottvfan said:
Second that. Olney should be having a serious word to some of his members.
Yes he should thank us on our endeavours of making an IDN subsection for you guys.

Thanks for the suggestion. It has been noted.

•••
Jeff, you are missing (or ignoring) our point.

Anyway... good luck to you.

•••
-db- said:
Jeff, you are missing (or ignoring) our point.

Anyway... good luck to you.
I could point out the various flaws and errors in your statements, even give factual examples showing how and why you are wrong, but instead I think I'd rather just point out something ironic...

What point have you made? You just accused us of stuff yet didn't even note what they were. I'm not a mindreader.

•••
When is Olney - the king a ding a ling at IDNF - going to introduce an ASCII (non-IDN) section?

I've always found Olney to be arrogant - especially when he doesn't really have anything to be arrogant about. He own's a forum compromised of kids, and domaining isn't the primary business there - posting for ego is.

I wish someone would tell them that IDNs are not for "them", they are for the rest of the world that doesn't speak English.

Perhaps that might put it in context. The above are edited posts from IDNF with RJ substituted for Olney, IDNF for Namepros etc. Its a bit sad for a community forum.

**The last comment amuses me though** I left in unedited because I think it says something about those IDNF members who are curently proudly regging 5000 IDN domains.

Sure they'll probably make a few $, perhaps in some cases significantly more, but I wonder if in return they'll be charitable to "them" for taking the best of their domains - i.e the rest of the world that doesn't speak english.

Perhaps, they might even leave "them" (i.e non-english speakers) some IDN's.

My question is, are you trying to encourage NP members to come on board or just trying to increase your market?

Last edited:
•••
1. Why are Big Registars in on IDN's ?

Big registrars are "in" on everything.

2. Why does Bill Gates own IDN's ?

Likewise, Bill Gates owns a little bit of everything.

"Adam Dickner" is capable of wasting money as much as the next guy. He just has the luxury of being financially able to waste more of it than most.

What percentage of those domains do you think are actually worth reg fee?

If tomorrow I purchased $30k in lottery tickets, would I make more money with that investment, or by rushing to purchase $30k in IDN registrations? You don't know.

Nice site... but :zzz: show me the money!

5. Have you REGd a Domain in the last couple of months with a overture over 50k or even 25k or even 10k ?

:?

6. Show me a domain you reged in the last couple of weeks that Gets a 80 dollar Bid on the keyword , ie : 新潟不動産.com NiigataRealEstate.com ¥9,999 = 87.2222 USD Top Bid , maderfact show me one that Gets Half of that $43.50 , I'll answer mesothemioma.com been gone, caught and gone again !

No idea. Will get back to you on this one.

7. Explain to me why so many people think that everybody speaks english ?

Show me anywhere where anyone has ever stated that.

8. Tell me if you would type in Japanse to find out the weather in New York if the internet was invented in Japan ?

Weird question!

9. Then tell me how excited you would be when you find out many years later you can now access domains in English ?

This deserved it's own number?

10. Then tell me why people continue to be blind to the fact and insist on Buying ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com instead of atleast looking into IDN's ?

Why do you care so much what people decide to invest in? Are people not allowed to invest in what they know? You are speculating in IDN's just like everyone else is speculating in other aspects of the domain industry. I'm not sure what threads like this are supposed to accomplish, but you're only serving to turn people off on even hearing about IDN's. Was that your goal all along?

11. Then tell me why people think that they have to do the translations themselves , i guess people never heard of hiring people or outsourcing or the Free IDN tutorial .?

Who said that? I already asked you for a referral to the native translator you used to register all your multi-million dollar domains. Still waiting.

15. Then tell me why google has spent millions to hire coders to change there algorithm to Index IDN's ?

Duh..

16. Then tell me why there is suddenly a IDN section here ?

Why don't you tell me?

I was labeled as ignorant by yourself and others about IDN's and wanted to see what all the fuss about. Turns out there's are some good people over at IDNF and I was interested in what they had to say. That's not to say there aren't also a couple A-HOLES there (yourself included).

Try to answer these and then Welcome to the Club

Bah... How did I do?

Last edited:
•••
dottvfan said:
When is Olney - the king a ding a ling at IDNF - going to introduce an ASCII (non-IDN) section?

I've always found Olney to be arrogant - especially when he doesn't really have anything to be arrogant about. He own's a forum compromised of kids, and domaining isn't the primary business there - posting for ego is.

I wish someone would tell them that IDNs are not for "them", they are for the rest of the world that doesn't speak English.

Perhaps that might put it in context. The above are edited posts from IDNF with RJ substituted for Olney, IDNF for Namepros etc. Its a bit sad for a community forum.

**The last comment amuses me though** I left in unedited because I think it says something about those IDNF members who are curently proudly regging 5000 IDN domains.

Sure they'll probably make a few $, perhaps in some cases significantly more, but I wonder if in return they'll be charitable to "them" for taking the best of their domains - i.e the rest of the world that doesn't speak english.

Perhaps, they might even leave "them" (i.e non-english speakers) some IDN's.

My question is, are you trying to encourage NP members to come on board or just trying to increase your market?
The above quote is from one member on IDNF... the idn1234 guy or whoever he is. You are portraying IDNF the total opposite of what it really is. You are reporting it like the DOJ reports the Iraqi war...(full of propaganda).

If we don't register the IDN someone else will. I see alot of American names registered by those in Korea and Japan. Should we tell them to buzz off on english words? Thought not....... They didn't seem to care when they regged our names so why should we care vice versa.

Also there is already a Japanese company that owns a few thousand domains and have been parking them all asking for thousands for each IDN.

-RJ- said:

"Adam Dickner" is capable of wasting money as much as the next guy. He just has the luxury of being financially able to waste more of it than most.

What percentage of those domains do you think are actually worth reg fee?

If tomorrow I purchased $30k in lottery tickets, would I make more money with that investment, or by rushing to purchase $30k in IDN registrations? You don't know.
Most startups cost a few hundred thousand....... This startup of approximately 5000 x 7 = $35,000 is much better. All he has to do is sell 1-5 to make back the investment. Tokyo.net was already sold by an IDNF member for $10k. (yes a .net)

Nice site... but :zzz: show me the money!
?? Money has already been exchanged and the sales have been confirmed.

:?

Come on RJ... people are now going into .nz .in etc and basing it on U.S. OVT.

People in india don't count for the english overture tool. It only tracks those that use the U.S. yahoo etc.

No idea. Will get back to you on this one.
Yes, there are many more higher paying keywords in Japan than in teh U.S.

8. Tell me if you would type in Japanse to find out the weather in New York if the internet was invented in Japan ?

Weird question!
If someone in Japan had invented the net we would not be able to type english into the url bar. We'd have to learn japanese which would be a hassle. We'd have to either bookmark the individual site or go to an english search engine and search in english to find the URL which would be japanese with english content.

Your response = C- as being a leader for domaining on namepros you should be on the forefront of these new movements.

•••
The point is that the thread should be deleted and the offending members told to pull their head in. RJ hasn't done anyhting to deserve the cr&p he is getting on that forum.

I genuinely wish the IDNers the best of luck with their investments but seriously, some of the egos should be checked at the door. That thread reflects badly on IDNF and NP's members.

•••
dottvfan said:
The point is that the thread should be deleted and the offending members told to pull their head in. RJ hasn't done anyhting to deserve the cr&p he is getting on that forum.

I genuinely wish the IDNers the best of luck with their investments but seriously, some of the egos should be checked at the door. That thread reflects badly on IDNF and NP's members.
The main post just reflected why members should do IDNs........... I am not trashing RJ. RJ is the best and I like namepros.

I just wish that people would look at the world as a whole.

•••
Incidentally the tokyo.net sale was IDNF member to IDNF member (i.e speculator to speculator). IDN's would be much better served if IDNF members used a sale to a true enduser as the posterboy for IDNs and stopped harping on about this isolated sale.

•••
dottvfan said:
Incidentally the tokyo.net sale was IDNF member to IDNF member (i.e speculator to speculator). IDN's would be much better served if IDNF members used a sale to a true enduser as the posterboy for IDNs and stopped harping on about this isolated sale.
Homeimprovement.com in Chinese sold for 12k to a chinese person on indf living in China.

•••
dottvfan said:

Exactly my point with my smartass reply above.

There's actually good points that could be made by supporters of IDN'rs, but its wasted when delivered in a fashion like this. Since this all started, I've had some good conversations with real IDN'rs in private by email and on the forum.. and frankly am embarrassed for them to have JeffM2 and thegenius1 on the forefront of representing the IDN market to NamePros members. Guys, chill out.

My main points were

-- People should be investing in markets they know and understand, not blindly throwing their money registering junk domains that don't serve a purpose in their intended market. Junk is junk in any language.

-- You have to take into consideration a country's economic situation, culture, infostructure, language barriers, and need for IDN's. I hear lots of gibber jabber about population and Overture numbers, but those stats don't see the whole picture.

-- Let people invest in what they want! Being an asshat to those that don't "get it", isn't going to make your investments more profitable. It just makes you look like an asshat.

I'll gladly admit that I dismissed IDN's several years ago as "not for me" and missed out on some of the developments that makes IDN's more appealing. I'm learning what I can about what I didn't know. People investing blindly into IDN's should do the same. Be smart.

Thank you,

RJ

Last edited:
•••
JeffM2 said:
The main post just reflected why members should do IDNs........... I am not trashing RJ. RJ is the best and I like namepros.

I just wish that people would look at the world as a whole.

and I like Olney, but even if I didn't I wouldn't trash him behind his back at another forum as has thegenius1 and others and then have the gall to be back posting on Namepros the next day.

As a member of IDNF (as I was before this debacle) you should stand up to the IDNF members and request that that thread be deleted. Your entitled to your opinion, as is thegenius1 as is RJ, but this has gone way too far.

•••
-RJ- said:
Exactly my point with my smartass reply above.

There's actually good points that could be made by supporters of IDN'rs, but its wasted when delivered in a fashion like this. Since this all started, I've had some good conversations with real IDN'rs in private by email and on the forum.. and frankly am embarrassed for them to have JeffM2 and thegenius1 on the forefront of representing the IDN market to NamePros members. Guys, chill out.

My main points were

-- People should be investing in markets they know and understand, not blindly throwing their money registering junk domains that don't serve a purpose in their intended market. Junk is junk in any language.

-- You have to take into consideration a country's economic situation, culture, infostructure, language barriers, and need for IDN's. I hear lots of gibber jabber about population and Overture numbers, but those stats don't see the whole picture.

-- Let people invest in what they want! Being an asshat to those that don't "get it", isn't going to make your investments more profitable. It just makes you look like an asshat.

I'll gladly admit that I dismissed IDN's several years ago as "not for me" and missed out on some of the developments that makes IDN's more appealing. I'm learning what I can about what I didn't know. People investing blindly into IDN's should do the same. Be smart.

Thank you,

RJ
Names with 10 million+ google results are by no means junk at all. Alot of Japan keywords have bids and many are in the multiple dollar range.

Last time I checked the average income in Japan is $29,000....... and in the U.S. is $45,000.

Even Taiwan's income is high. Sure Chinas income is very low at the moment but that will only rise over the next 50 years along with India. People in the U.S. weren't making 45k/year in 1900 were they?

Japan will see the value now in IDN's while Chinese speculators will have to hold out a bit longer.

Keep in mind -RJ-

I did not create this thread nor post screenshots. I'm just saying my views along with others in this thread. You're classifying me as some retro namepro member as I disagree with your points.

•••
You keep throwing stats and me.. and for what? Are you even aware of my views on IDN's?

Which of my points did you disagree with? That people should invest wisely? That you should consider more than just Overture numbers? I'm glad you've done your research. Kudos! That's what I'm encouraging.

Just telling people to rush out and register 5000 Chinese domains and hold them for 50 years is not good advice. Buy smart!

Peace,

RJ

•••
JeffM2 said:
If someone in Japan had invented the net we would not be able to type english into the url bar. We'd have to learn japanese which would be a hassle. We'd have to either bookmark the individual site or go to an english search engine and search in english to find the URL which would be japanese with english content.
That is not true at all. Microsoft didn't invent the internet, yet they make Internet Explorer, the most popular web browser all around the world, and they, along with many other technology companies in the U.S. and other English-speaking countries, would make sure that we would "be able to type english into the url bar"

And other languages, such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, and others all use the same characters as English, so your argument that only IDN domains would be in use today if someone in Japan invented the Internet, and that everyone would have to learn Japan to use the Internet, is absurd, a majority of the world wouldn't have been alienated from the Internet for all of this time if Japan had been the first to jump on the Internet bandwagon.

The Internet and its technology could not have been invented by "someone in Japan", it has involved the software and hardware resources of thousands of companies worldwide, and its content by millions and millions of people. Technology can be adapted, and IDNs are not recent, they have been around for years.

I hate the arguement that IDN'rs use, that "not everyone in the world speaks English." Many more languages that English use the same characters that I am typing right now.

And Japanese users have been using the Internet for a long time, they have not needed to learn English.

•••
What I don't get is why do idners keep telling others to buy as if they care. I am pretty sure that none of the IDNERS care if someone else here makes a lot of money in idn domains or any other domains for that matter.

I believe in IDN and own 0 because I stick to what I know and I know that I don't know enough about all the intricasies of IDN. From language to variant formats to CHinese and Japanese share some characters to a bunch of other stuff. I hope people do well with IDN I just don't understand the recruiting. This is the only business niche where people are first saying "competitor you are an idiot you don't know about IDN, and I am telling you you must buy." Usually people want to let others be ignorant why they mine all the gold. Now you would help your friends maybe but the idners are not talking to their friends they are talking to a whole forum I doubt they give two cents about except maybe to buy their IDNs. And if someone is going to come back with the line I am not trying to sell IDNs here, WHY are you recruiting just discuss IDN with likeminded IDNERS.

•••
david.amherst said:
That is not true at all. Microsoft didn't invent the internet, yet they make Internet Explorer, the most popular web browser all around the world, and they, along with many other technology companies in the U.S. and other English-speaking countries, would make sure that we would "be able to type english into the url bar"

And other languages, such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, and others all use the same characters as English, so your argument that only IDN domains would be in use today if someone in Japan invented the Internet, and that everyone would have to learn Japan to use the Internet, is absurd, a majority of the world wouldn't have been alienated from the Internet for all of this time if Japan had been the first to jump on the Internet bandwagon.

The Internet and its technology could not have been invented by "someone in Japan", it has involved the software and hardware resources of thousands of companies worldwide, and its content by millions and millions of people. Technology can be adapted, and IDNs are not recent, they have been around for years.

I hate the arguement that IDN'rs use, that "not everyone in the world speaks English." Many more languages that English use the same characters that I am typing right now.

And Japanese users have been using the Internet for a long time, they have not needed to learn English.
Sweetie I mean if everything was invented in China or Japan. (MS being a Chinese company, Verisign being a Chinese company etc) What is so hard to understand. It's obvious.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back