IT.COM

Not sure about IDN's ? Ask yourself These Questions !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1. Why are Big Registars in on IDN's ?

2. Why does Bill Gates own IDN's ?

3. Why did Adam Dickner aka Dot Com God - Buy 5 thousand of them ?

4. Check the sales threads at djnournal & http://www.idntools.net/idnsales.php

5. Have you REGd a Domain in the last couple of months with a overture over 50k or even 25k or even 10k ?

6. Show me a domain you reged in the last couple of weeks that Gets a 80 dollar Bid on the keyword , ie : 新潟不動産.com NiigataRealEstate.com ¥9,999 = 87.2222 USD Top Bid , maderfact show me one that Gets Half of that $43.50 , I'll answer mesothemioma.com been gone, caught and gone again !

7. Explain to me why so many people think that everybody speaks english ?

When the Fact is

Total number of users with European languages (excluding English): 276 million

Total number of users with Asian languages (excluding English): 241 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_internet_usage

8. Tell me if you would type in Japanse to find out the weather in New York if the internet was invented in Japan ? If ICANN and Microsoft were Japanese companies what tune would you be singing ?

9. Then tell me how excited you would be when you find out many years later you can now access domains in English ?

10. Then tell me why people continue to be blind to the fact and insist on Buying ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com instead of atleast looking into IDN's ?

11. Then tell me why people think that they have to do the translations themselves , i guess people never heard of hiring people or outsourcing or the Free IDN tutorial .?

15. Then tell me why google has spent millions to hire coders to change there algorithm to Index IDN's ?

16. Then tell me why there is suddenly a IDN section here ?

17. Then tell me why RJ spent all last night Searching the forums over at IDNF ?

18. * Why are companies using IDN's ?

Try to answer these and then Welcome to the Club :wave:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
david.amherst said:
It'll be great with more people being able to use the Internet in their native language completely, but billions more won't be joining the party. The world population isn't much more than 6 billion, and users in Japan, China, and other countries have been using the internet for a long time. It'll make it easier, but I don't think it'll cause many more people to start using the internet.
Hate to ruin your glorious post but a small percentage of Chinese citizens now browse the net.(around the size of the U.S. population)

In a few years more of their citizens will get online which will be at least a few hundred million. We are talking about typin as well as users will now be able to type the URL in their native language in the address bar.

•••
david.amherst said:
It'll be great with more people being able to use the Internet in their native language completely, but billions more won't be joining the party. The world population isn't much more than 6 billion, and users in Japan, China, and other countries have been using the internet for a long time. It'll make it easier, but I don't think it'll cause many more people to start using the internet.

Argue what you wish thousands ,millions , billions , trillions lol , the bottom line is million- billions of people will be affected by IDN's .. whether they can view the Net or not , Advertising will be one of the biggest benafactors of idns, and as time passes and more people can afford computers and come into our second hand ones the Net's population will cont. to grow , the bottom line is IDN's are long overdue , do you want to dispute that to ?

•••
•••
david.amherst said:

Governments of India and China beg to differ!

•••
So they will make money off people like you.

Bill Gates' IDNs are not crappy random names that you register all the time. They are Microsoft product related, so people with IDN keyboard can easily got to their website.

Because he has $ to test them.

Ok?

5. Have you REGd a Domain in the last couple of months with a overture over 50k or even 25k or even 10k ?
Yes, many. (I hope you're not reffering to IDNs). This has nothing to do with IDNs.

6. Show me a domain you reged in the last couple of weeks that Gets a 80 dollar Bid on the keyword , ie : 新潟不動産.com NiigataRealEstate.com ¥9,999 = 87.2222 USD Top Bid , maderfact show me one that Gets Half of that $43.50 , I'll answer mesothemioma.com been gone, caught and gone again !
Again, this has nothing to do with IDNs.

When the Fact is

Everyone? Who said it? Show me anything (Except a post by a n00bie).

8. Tell me if you would type in Japanse to find out the weather in New York if the internet was invented in Japan ?
Why would you want to know the weather in New York while you are located in Japan?

9. Then tell me how excited you would be when you find out many years later you can now access domains in English ?
Huh? People have access to English domains for years now, wake up!

10. Then tell me why people continue to be blind to the fact and insist on Buying ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com instead of atleast looking into IDN's ?
Domain doesn't mean ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com
You are comparing worst names with IDNs.
Yet again, I would actually prefer to have ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com than a crappy IDN.

11. Then tell me why people think that they have to do the translations themselves , i guess people never heard of hiring people or outsourcing or the Free IDN tutorial .?
Stop plugging in your "IDN" services. Why they have to do themselves? Huh? Why not? Would you give your Credit Card Info to a stranger? Or why would you hire a person to push your name for you?

15. Then tell me why google has spent millions to hire coders to change there algorithm to Index IDN's ?
Because many people like you register crappy IDNs. It will be a gain for Google to have more search results. Also because there would be no point in doing so on internation Google sites, since there would be no explanations in the language how to use the search engine.

Why? Ask RJ.

17. Then tell me why RJ spent all last night Searching the forums over at IDNF ?
You annoyed the hell out of RJ. Whenever you come to the chatroom, all you do it talk about IDNs to yourself. What's the point of you advertising IDNs? IDNs aren't a property of yours or anything, so there's no gain for you. If you think IDNs are wirth billion $$$, then why are you trying to get competition?

Try to answer these and then Welcome to the Club
Do you think you're the boss here? This section is open to anyone, and nobody would care what you think nor your imaginary IDN diplomas.

Have a nice day.

•••
Rom said:

Bill Gates' IDNs are not crappy random names that you register all the time. They are Microsoft product related, so people with IDN keyboard can easily got to their website.

Ok?

Yes, many. (I hope you're not reffering to IDNs). This has nothing to do with IDNs.

When the Fact is

Everyone? Who said it? Show me anything (Except a post by a n00bie).

8. Tell me if you would type in Japanse to find out the weather in New York if the internet was invented in Japan ?
Why would you want to know the weather in New York while you are located in Japan?

Yet again, I would actually prefer to have ThisDomainIsWorth-RegFee.com than a crappy IDN.

Stop plugging in your "IDN" services. Why they have to do themselves? Huh? Why not? Would you give your Credit Card Info to a stranger? Or why would you hire a person to push your name for you?

Because many people like you register crappy IDNs. It will be a gain for Google to have more search results. Also because there would be no point in doing so on internation Google sites, since there would be no explanations in the language how to use the search engine.

Why? Ask RJ.

You annoyed the hell out of RJ. Whenever you come to the chatroom, all you do it talk about IDNs to yourself. What's the point of you advertising IDNs? IDNs aren't a property of yours or anything, so there's no gain for you. If you think IDNs are wirth billion $$$, then why are you trying to get competition?

Do you think you're the boss here? This section is open to anyone, and nobody would care what you think nor your imaginary IDN diplomas.

Have a nice day.
List the domains you have regged with 25k-50k ovt lately...
You must be the Czar of domains to have that kind of luck. Please do tell us your secret.

Nobody annoyed the hell out of RJ. People should be able to
talk freely about IDN's without being ridiculed.

IDNs are crappy? Why are my arabic and thai names getting traffic?

•••
Wow, do you ever give up?

You've obviously not absorbed one word people have posted over the past 3 pages. It's time to turn this into a reasonable discussion sub-forum and quit all the arguing.

So what if Rom has posted something that you don't agree with. Just get on with what this forum is about - IDN's and NOT all this pathetic arguing. Start doing something for IDN's instead of alienating the entire NamePros community with your petty pointless squabbles.

Question 16: Then tell me why there is suddenly a IDN section here ?
I have no clue. If he knew it would bring people like you and your friends here, I'm certain he wouldn't have bothered.

The sooner he kicks you out/you give up arguing, the sooner the IDN forum can move onto a solid footing, earn some well needed respect from the rest of the forum and maybe even recruit some normal domainers into the realms of IDNs.

I think that'll only happen when you stop this behavior, get serious about IDN's and, more importantly, start respecting the rest of the NamePros community.

•••
List the domains you have regged with 25k-50k ovt lately...
You must be the Czar of domains to have that kind of luck. Please do tell us your secret.

There are still many available keywords with 25k-50k. That's nothing special. Also what does this have to do with IDNs?

Nobody annoyed the hell out of RJ. People should be able to
talk freely about IDN's without being ridiculed.

Talking freely = naming IDN sales topics "Buy this before RJ does"?
Talking freely = asking all you friends at IDN forum to come here and post against RJ?

IDNs are crappy? Why are my arabic and thai names getting traffic?
Ask yourself, you're the king of IDNs

•••
You can freely register domains with way over 50k ovt.. without them being IDN's.

I think IDN's are garbage, and I'm never going to post in the IDN section again.

•••
You can freely register domains with way over 50k ovt.. without them being IDN's.
.com?

Thanks for your opinion. We'll miss you.

•••
thefabfive said:
.com?

Thanks for your opinion. We'll miss you.

I think he is referring to compound word, especially so for other languages. There are also lots of "non-prime" dictionary words still available for non-english latin languages.

But do not expect to be able to register loans.com, realestate.com, or apartments.com in Finnish, Czech, or even Romanian. :o

These are long gone ever since PPC came in. :)

•••
I still don't believe that terms with Ovt >50k are available in .com. Although they're pretty much gone in IDN.com at this point also.

•••
Dan Friedman said:

I think IDN's are garbage, and I'm never going to post in the IDN section again.

I am sure you can in dot BE.

•••
Rubber Duck said:
I am sure you can in dot BE.
Actually they are speculating .bz now ;P

•••
Dan Friedman said:

Maybe you could share one as an example? I might be tempted to drop all this 'garbage' if there's 50K+ Ovt ASICC's lying around...

•••
mulligan said:
Maybe you could share one as an example? I might be tempted to drop all this 'garbage' if there's 50K+ Ovt ASICC's lying around...
"World News" OVT = 75,668
I registered WorldNews.cc few seconds ago.

There are tons more left with much higher overtures even in gTLDs. New products are beeing introduced everyday and overture keeps updating ;)

•••
mulligan said:
Dan Friedman said:

Do .INFO's or .US count? Both are TLDs with a promising future.

•••
Rom said:

Last time I checked me and you both are speculators ! but the point of that statement was that Registrars are spending there money on IDNs

Rom said:

When did crapy become the new term For Good ? IDN Keyboard interesting where can i get one of those ? RAndom when did that replace buying in themes , If you check out my thread Tokyo Real Estate For Sale , you will see i purhcase in themes, and Also note that My crappy names Are also Owned By Japanese Companies , I will give you one of there phone numbers and you can call them and tell them and tell them that they are Crappy and they should use English Domains to make the Ascii Domainers Happy ! phone number : +42.7255549 Fax: +42.7272550
不動産賃貸.com or xn--ihq79i060b7yttb.com just one of many
Rom said:

To each is own , and my opinion is Nobody can afford to miss this opportunity , but some people will always look at the glass Half Empty instead of Half Full

Rom said:

Really i thought this thread was about IDN's a , IDN's whaterver you want to call them with these Stats, But keep picking up your .CC more IDN for me :)

Rom said:

It has nothing to Do with IDN's for what reason ? This is a IDN >>> 新潟不動産.com , Top bid is $87.22 , Show me a domain you picked up in the 21st century with stats anywhere close

Rom said:

Now you want to act as if you dont understand the question. Hmm how can i dumb this down ? Got it .... THE JAPANESE INVENTED THE INTERNET, All these years you have been typing in 日本語.com To access Name Pros , You have no choice , As long as you owned a computer you have had to access URLS in JAPANESE >>> Because they Hypotheticaly Invented the internet and didnt want to Deregulate Domains Got it ? So now how would you feel about that ?

Rom said:

Hmm i cant dumb down this question anymore hopefully you can answer it now and not Tap Dance around It

Rom said:

To each is own , This crappy stuff really rubbed off on you for some reason.

Rom said:

Not really sure what point you are trying to make , but from what i can understand it seems like you are digging very deep for an excuse

Rom said:

This Statement just gets a LOL , So obviously it was worth it to them because they will make money correct ? , which means who else will make money ?

Rom said:
Why? Ask RJ.

Maybe you should ask him , Last time i checkd he was looking for Korean IDN's

Rom said:

Actually i was implying that after you figuired out that tap dancing around certain questions was not going to change the fact IDNs are The future and for those that agree welcome to the IDN club

Last edited:
•••
Okay, I lied.

thegenius1 said:
When did crapy become the new term For Good ? IDN Keyboard interesting where can i get one of those ? RAndom when did that replace buying in themes , If you check out my thread Tokyo Real Estate For Sale , you will see i purhcase in themes, and Also note that My crappy names Are also Owned By Japanese Companies , I give you one of there phone numbers and you can call them and tell them that they are Crappy and they should use English Domains to make the Ascii Domainers Happy ! phone number : +42.7255549 Fax: +42.7272550
www.不動産賃貸.com just one of many

And you expect me to go to ?????.com when I can't see that?

I couldn't finish reading the rest of your post. Your horrible writing is giving me a headache.

•••
Dan Friedman said:
Okay, I lied.

And you expect me to go to ?????.com when I can't see that?

I couldn't finish reading the rest of your post. Your horrible writing is giving me a headache.

Sorry the TRUTH HURTS , but you should download firefox or get the IE7 beta.

Last edited:
•••
Hey guys, I think we need to stop here.
IDNs are just another niche in domain investment industry. If you see the value then you join if you doubt it then just step back and ignore this section. Anyone has rights to follow whatever direction he foresee and there's no point to argue a lot on this issue. You ride your BMW while I drive my Benz. As simple as it is.
Peace!

Last edited:
•••
duskdawn said:
Hey guys, I think we need to stop here.
IDNs are just another niche in domain investment industry. If you see the value then you join if you doubt it then just step back and ignore this section. Anyone has rights to follow whatever direction he foresee and there's no point to argue a lot on this issue.
Peace!

I agree with you and i Rest My Case , maybe they should open up a debate section lol , but seriously im done with this Good Luck to all , peace and blessing

Last edited:
•••
If these people are so against IDN's then why do they keep browsing the IDN section? Looks like they have too much time on their hands.

Maybe this hasn't been stressed before but people are finding 50k ovt DOT COM IDN domains . (not .cc)

The point genius was trying to make is that if ICANN and Microsoft were Chinese companies Americans would be singing a different tune. China has over a billion population so our market is small compared to theirs. (within the next 10 years theirs will be bigger) The internet would have had chinese urls and nothing in english. We would have had to go directly to an english search engine to find sites as we could not type in the urls in chinese as we would not know the language.

Tourists departing from Japan to NY want to know the weather in NY before they depart.

The reason why we keep coming back and responding to these threads is that you guys are passing along a ton of misinformation. Thegenius's posts are far from unprofessional. I thought they were written well. I was an editor of a major print magazine and I like his writing style.

•••
JeffM2 said:
Maybe this hasn't been stressed before but people are finding 50k ovt DOT COM IDN domains . (not .cc)

Chump change.

新聞定期購読, meaning Newspaper Subscriptions in Japanese has an OVT of 5 929 855.

That's right, say it again, Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Overture.

These are the kinds of domains that early investors in IDNs have sitting in their portfolios.

Not that 50K is bad today. It is just that only a couple of months ago, people were passing up anything bellow 100K in Japanese.

Last edited:
•••
white_crane said:
Chump change.

新聞定期購読, meaning Newspaper Subscriptions in Japanese has an OVT of 5 929 855.

That's right, say it again, Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Overture.

These are the kinds of domains that early investors in IDNs have sitting in their portfolios.

Not that 50K is bad today. It is just that only a couple of months ago, people were passing up anything bellow 100K in Japanese.
I actually own the .jp :P - used to be 6 million +

ah well hehehhe

Anyways for those interested in getting in the market. I just picked up programmer.net in japanese 2 weeks ago. I read on a site that one of the hottest jobs in Japan is being a programmer. There should be no excuses.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back