Noob Domainer . What to Bid?

NameSilo
Watch

Noob-Domainer

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi Everyone,

I just started domaining.
Can any one guide me the basics of bidding and where to invest and how much to invest.

Thanks

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I just started domaining.
Can any one guide me the basics of bidding and where to invest and how much to invest.

Thanks

Cheers

Hi

I'd say, for now, keep your money in your pocket and....

invest a good amount of time reading thru the forum
learn to use the search feature
read thru the domains wanted threads
read thru the sales threads
check out the beginners section

feed yourself

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
Your best investment is keeping your cash until you learn a LOT from reading for hundreds of hours about everything you can find about domain investing.

•••
Hello:

"How Much to invest" depends on your personal assets and your willingness to risk an amount that you may never recoup.

A "good investment " is time, the time it takes to read and learn about domains and the basics of buying and selling same prior to putting much money into domain names.

This is a large forum loaded with threads and posts that should provide a general overview of the domain markets.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Like the others have said, keep your money in your pocket for now and do lots of reading and note taking here.

•••
welcome to namepros! 4L.com eat drink sleep rinse and repeat 4L.com lol Have fun.

•••
As advised above.. Don't go bidding or buying in any market that your not familiar/expert with.. your question shows you shouldn't be buying. Take your time maybe dabble a few dollars on hunches. but remember buying is easy - It's selling is where the skill is and there is no quick answer.

20 years later - I'm still learning

Last edited:
•••
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Take alot of time to look through forum posts on here, any confusion or curiosity use the search function. Many questions have already asked previously so use the search feature.

You can just spend months doing this initial research by looking at other posts, do build up your knowledge.

any questions please ask.

•••
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experience.
But still I want more knowledge.
Keep posting:)

•••
Don't buy a thing until you know what a bargain is my advice. If your asking questions all good. When you run out of questions to ask or find yourself knowing the answers to others questions you will probably actually be ready to make a decent decision. All money spent prior to this date will be the cost of learning.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi Everyone, I just started domaining.

Greetings. Every new subject that we want to master, including domainizing, we follow 3 rules:
1) Search engines: "Ask better q's, get better answers," such as "Best ways to start domaining," or "selling domains for dummies," etc.

2) We find people doing it better than us, and seek their guidance (Imitating the actions of masters and champions is the fastest known way to imitate their results, right?) :)

3) We ALWAYS write down at least 3 to 10 new facts per day that we estimate will be useful

Best of L.U.C.K. to you (Laboring Under Correct Knowledge)

•••
welcome to namepros! 4L.com eat drink sleep rinse and repeat 4L.com lol Have fun.
Question for @TheDurfer: When you say 4L, does that mean strictly 4 letters, no combos? We must have a couple of dozen mixes, ie: 0xx1, 1xx0, 1xx3, 1xx5, etc. Our thought is to hold them a few years when 4-charac .com's will be even more desirable, and then push to sell. Opinions gratefully accepted.

•••
Question for @TheDurfer: When you say 4L, does that mean strictly 4 letters, no combos? We must have a couple of dozen mixes, ie: 0xx1, 1xx0, 1xx3, 1xx5, etc. Our thought is to hold them a few years when 4-charac .com's will be even more desirable, and then push to sell. Opinions gratefully accepted.
4L = 4 letters your mentioning NLLN.
L= letter N= number

•••
Don't buy a thing until you know what a bargain is my advice. If your asking questions all good. When you run out of questions to ask or find yourself knowing the answers to others questions you will probably actually be ready to make a decent decision. All money spent prior to this date will be the cost of learning.

Great advice

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back