question Hello Everyone

NameSilo
Watch

Anil shrestha

Established Member
Impact
hello everyone
......i m newbie in Domaining
What types of domain should a new domainer invest in and how they want to invest.
please answer guys???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hello everyone
What types of domain should a new domainer invest in and how they want to invest.
please answer guys???

Welcome to NP,

If you are new without any exposure then please do not invest anything during first three months. During this period read all forum, understand basic and then only spend money in a domain with an assumptions that if you have company you will keep that domain during entire life cycle of your business.
Remember entry in domaining is very easy and cheap, profitable exit is tough and time consuming and in between maintainence of those domains bearing annual renew fee every years without any guaranteed return is burdensome and frustrating.

For basic please read my earlier post. Thanks

•••
Welcome to NP,

If you are new without any exposure then please do not invest anything during first three months. During this period read all forum, understand basic and then only spend money in a domain with an assumptions that if you have company you will keep that domain during entire life cycle of your business.
Remember entry in domaining is very easy and cheap, profitable exit is tough and time consuming and in between maintainence of those domains bearing annual renew fee every years without any guaranteed return is burdensome and frustrating.

For basic please read my earlier post. Thanks
.......thank you sir for sharing information

•••
What types of domain should a new domainer invest in

Two word Keyword Domains could be studied first, along with one word generics. This will give you an understanding of the subtle or blatant valuation differences each character makes in a name. As mentioned by @GreatBrand.in avoid spending money to start with.

Consider the purchase of a domain as one side of a trade. You would need a clear exit plan (who to sell to, why and where) BEFORE entering into any other kind of trading. With domains it's even more important because the liquidity is so low. i.e on an average of 2% sell through rate per year, you would need 50 good domains (to make one sale). The chance of you picking up 50 out of 50 good domains at the start of your venture is very low, this is why everyone on here says to study first.

One last thought. I am a trader in other areas as well. I've learned to trade by taking the excitement out of it. In this way, each situation can be looked at without emotional attachment.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Hello!

It is difficult to tell a new person what type of domain they should invest in, so much is dependent upon an individual's risk capital, need for ROI and so many other mitigating factors.

Suggest you read through NamePros and try and get a feel for any niche marketplaces that you may have experience or expertise in. You might possibly try and pursue domaining in a niche market where you have familiarity with keywords and concepts used in the niche marketplace.

Many believe it is a good idea to go slow in domain name investing while you learn and gain knowledge and confidence in name acquisition and marketplaces.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
hello everyone
please answer guys???
Welcome Anil!

•••
I think the beginning is not the most important, you may first learn from other people's experience, or read books on this (or you may read @Bob Hawkes 's article here), systematically understand the status of the domain name industry,then you will know what you need to do in the beginning,wish you good luck.

•••
Two word Keyword Domains could be studied first, along with one word generics. This will give you an understanding of the subtle or blatant valuation differences each character makes in a name. As mentioned by @GreatBrand.in avoid spending money to start with.

Consider the purchase of a domain as one side of a trade. You would need a clear exit plan (who to sell to, why and where) BEFORE entering into any other kind of trading. With domains it's even more important because the liquidity is so low. i.e on an average of 2% sell through rate per year, you would need 50 good domains (to make one sale). The chance of you picking up 50 out of 50 good domains at the start of your venture is very low, this is why everyone on here says to study first.

One last thought. I am a trader in other areas as well. I've learned to trade by taking the excitement out of it. In this way, each situation can be looked at without emotional attachment.

Good luck!
thank you so much sir

•••
•••
I am also new here, as an advice. Read a lot before you think that you found the gem. Rarelly happens.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back