IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been following the wearable tech trend quite intensely lately. Big industry a coming, and I've acquired a few names for it:
WearableTechJobs .com
WearableInnovation(s) .com
and a few others.

I just turned down low xx,xxx for iWearables .com last week.

As for the BionicFashion(s).com names, I had them on my list yesterday morning, but waited too long, and TNTnames regged them.

Last edited:
•••
I just turned down low xx,xxx for iWearables.com last week.

Wow, nice offer.

Just out of interest, how much are you expecting for the name?

Cheers

Stu

•••
Wow, nice offer.

Just out of interest, how much are you expecting for the name?

Cheers

Stu
Gonna wait for a while for the trend to take hold, and the startups and VC's jump into it, and.., see what interest there is for it. :gl:

•••
•••
A safer and faster approach than "predictive domaining" is probably "retrospective domaining".
Learning from the past, from the mistakes of others, from experience of others, from the fails and successes of others, etc.
Even if you want to be a successful predictive domainer, you need to be a retrospective domainer with some experience and feeling for the whole domain market first. You can't just start with domaining, go to google news, type 'future trends', then register some word combinations you read in some articles and wait for $$$$$$ and call yourself trend domainer.
Last but not least, you have to be lucky. Many apparently new promising trends, can turn in to fails because of different circumstances and developments.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/05/bbc-is-done-with-3d-tv-after-the-doctor-who-special/

http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2013/07/08/your-ability-to-focus-why-3d-television-cant-take-off/

Then again, this could change with new technologies and development.
No one really knows.
As i said, you need some luck too.

I personally like trends and also participate in trends, hypes and whatever you want to call it from while to while, but i know that most of the time its gambling and just a game with unknown outcome. so its a rather small part and i try to diversify as much as possible.
Its fun though, no doubt.

Last edited:
•••
A safer and faster approach than "predictive domaining" is probably "retrospective domaining".
Learning from the past, from the mistakes of others, from experience of others, from the fails and successes of others, etc.
Even if you want to be a successful predictive domainer, you need to be a retrospective domainer with some experience and feeling for the whole domain market first. You can't just start with domaining, go to google news, type 'future trends', then register some word combinations you read in some articles and wait for $$$$$$ and call yourself trend domainer.
Last but not least, you have to be lucky. Many apparently new promising trends, can turn in to fails because of different circumstances and developments.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/05/bbc-is-done-with-3d-tv-after-the-doctor-who-special/

http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2013/07/08/your-ability-to-focus-why-3d-television-cant-take-off/

Then again, this could change with new technologies and development.
No one really knows.
As i said, you need some luck too.

I personally like trends and also participate in trends, hypes and whatever you want to call it from while to while, but i know that most of the time its gambling and just a game with unknown outcome. so its a rather small part and i try to diversify as much as possible.
Its fun though, no doubt.

Have to disagree with some of that.

With anything, there's going to be successes and failures. That you can find some failures, doesn't mean much. It just means that failed. Everything is unique onto itself.

I don't even think about "domain market" with these types of domains, unless that's your intended target.

I literally only have over half a handful of these types of domains and there is no luck involved. It's doing your homework. I know each one of those will be profitable. Again, it depends on what you're doing. Some of it is hoping something will take off based on whatever you used to bring yourself to that conclusion. I go more for stuff that is coming for sure, something that's already there and somebody missed etc. Real stuff. And if it's a hand reg. it's very low risk, provided you don't reg a bunch junk names. A lot of the stuff we use today, was a future trend at one point.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like there are going to be two different kinds of wearables, one kind is the information and monitoring devices such as wristwatches and glasses and another kind is the robotic wearables. I assume that these will overlap in some cases, but both kinds will surely be intelligent. IMO

Couple of domains that I got today:

IntelligentWearable.com ($0.99 reg)

HighFashionWearables.com ($4.00 reg)

I just turned down low xx,xxx for iWearables .com last week.

Some people might ask 400k for a domain like this. :)

•••
iwearables

thats gotta be worth a ton of money

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

It looks like there are going to be two different kinds of wearables, one kind is the information and monitoring devices such as wristwatches and glasses and another kind is the robotic wearables. I assume that these will overlap in some cases, but both kinds will surely be intelligent. IMO

a domain like iwearables would have that covered as that type of domain would cover everything wearable be it infomation or robotic

u can't beat a domain like that

•••
I've owned glovetech.com for a few years. Maybe it will get some attention from the wearable trend. I also have:

testwear.com

testwearable.com

testwearables.com

protowear.com.

•••
Is that recent?

and thats funny how DU, you were obviously surprised it was available too if you checked the whois lol

I like it

•••

Couple of domains that I got today:

IntelligentWearable.com ($0.99 reg)

HighFashionWearables.com ($4.00 reg)

Some people might ask 400k for a domain like this. :)

They might ask. :gl:

But in current markets and the way "trend" domains quickly fizzle and die and offers of $xx,xxx I would be ripping peoples arms off to get the money. But then that's just me. B-)

•••
I would be ripping peoples arms off to get the money. But then that's just me. B-)

You are not the only domainer who is desperate to have a big sale :)

But to make a big sale you got to be lucky enough to get approached by a big company that has their heart set on having your domain and on top of that you have to be in a strong enough position to be able to say no to all the xxxxx offers.

•••
You are not the only domainer who is desperate to have a big sale :)

But to make a big sale you got to be lucky enough to get approached by a big company that has their heart set on having your domain and on top of that you have to be in a strong enough position to be able to say no to all the xxxxx offers.

I have had a fairly good share of sales over the years and have never been desperate to sell.

The problem with saying no to $xx,xxx negotiated offers is that invariably they are one off and never to be repeated.

You have to be strong enough to accept many offers and move on to the next one with no regrets.

You will sell a lot more that way.

•••
I've already turned down mid $x,xxx for BeWearable(.)com
... this name has a lot of life right now - a real nice amount of inquiries... Great Brand name.

Have also had a couple of nibbles on SportsWearable(.)com, but they were considerably smaller.

... and just for fun I have SwimWearable(.)com

Best of luck iWearables... Great name :)

•••
I've already turned down mid $x,xxx for BeWearable(.)com
... this name has a lot of life right now - a real nice amount of inquiries... Great Brand name.

Have also had a couple of nibbles on SportsWearable(.)com, but they were considerably smaller.

... and just for fun I have SwimWearable(.)com

Best of luck iWearables... Great name :)

Turned down mid $xxxx for a name registered 4 months ago!

I must have lost the plot of this business completely. :P

•••
Though "wearable tech" has been around for awhile -with popular products on the market since the 80's calculator watch, I have yet to see an aftermarket sale with the word "wearable", or "wearables".

There may be a few, but not many. Just as 'Data' sells a lot more than 'Big Data', "Wear" sells a lot better than "Wearable".

A good example, is iware.com versus iwearables.com. The former is all ready in business... so one assumes it passed on the later -even at reg fee.

Overall I see 'wearable tech' as a subset of namespace; so if its a medical device it will likely have a medical name, without the 'wearable', and so on.

I do have some (branding) plays in this space, like the two I just reg'd (with D codes :)

Senwear.com and Memwear.com

•••
got one with GD coupon

Wearable
Rx
dot
com

•••
mind changed - filler

Last edited:
•••
I would tend to agree that a lot of reg'd names might not actually be attractive propositions for a potential end user.

like the one you just registered.

say it out loud.. confusing as hell dude

•••
They're two syllables - what's not to like?

I was on about the the 6+ syllable names that would be a marketing and branding guys nightmare...

•••
•••

typically, agree with you...

but for one - i think this name has much bigger potential regardless of how long ago this name was registered
.. i see five figures easily...

... and isn't that part of our job as well ... to be able to assess the good from the bad and the better from the good? If not, they'd all be $200 names,no?

also.. i guess the context was missing..
... this name had literally just gotten about six inquiries within the same month...
.. yeah, i was feeling pretty good about this name and figured i'm going to roll the dice on this one and see how big this wearable tech is going to actually be (which is poised to be HUGE!)

My main focus has been on holograms and i have slowly built one of the strongest holo portfolio's anywhere in the world

... haha.. ya think i'm patient?
:)

•••
say it out loud.. confusing as hell dude

I guess if slashdot.com can make it there's hope for anything but my first thought was .... seriously? WhereWear? WearWare? Warewear?wherewhere?

(got to make it obvious for some readers what you're talking about)

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

You're not the only one - I don't even understand the name's value - as a play on words?

•••
I just registered wearable items (dot) com
Any opinion, can it be worth something?

•••
The problem with saying no to $xx,xxx negotiated offers is that invariably they are one off and never to be repeated.
Or..., more and higher offers come in. B-)

•••
Back