Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Moving on from the 3D, Cloud , NFC, Marijuana etc....trends, what do people think will be the next big money maker for the domainer?

I have a few Big Data domains but I like my hand in several dishes so if anyone would like to share their thoughts I'm sure a lot of domainers would appreciate any insights to what's gonna be hot or not.

Cheers

Stu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
To be fair, Giles, until you're shown a web address on an advert or see a name in a logo - you never knew what it was or how it was said. Its easily clarified in context, much like lots of domains; It's about the presentation.

I got these 3 in that niche, all hand-regged

ClothingTec.com
ClothingTek.com
BionicFashion.co.uk

As a consumer, I would have visited clothingtech.com if you had to rely on my simply hearing that domain name. If I was a company wanting the name, I'd have bought clothingtech.com already - You may as well register clothingteq.com too, since that sounds the same. (Actually, I wouldn't - I'd make up some name that didn't have anything obvious in the domain at all).

We could go around all day. I like mine, you like yours. Oh well!

Last edited:
•••
Thats a little different to wearware lol

Put it in the appraisal section to see mate

•••
•••
This is the typical domainer way of thinking:
If you have money, turn down all offers and wait for xxx.xxx or x.xxx.xxx or whatever. If you don't, take whatever you can and run Forest, run.

Looks like you misunderstood the points that were being made here,

What I said was that you have to be in a strong position in order to have the luxury of being able to even consider the option of saying no to lower offers. Most domainers don’t have that luxury and will let go of their domains if they got xxxx offers let alone xxxxx offers.

That’s why that some people have been able to create a business model based on buying at lower prices from other domainers and selling at much higher profit level to end-users.

The bigger fish keep getting bigger because in part they feed on the smaller fish that are not in a strong enough position to get the maximum price for their domains.

PS: By the way everything could change in the near future to the point that we might all be happy even if we got three or four figure offers let alone anything higher.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
No wonder I've been unable to get any programs for my computer - I've been searching for softwhere! You missed my point altogether.

Last edited:
•••
Your other point about get names from poor people absolutely ask the guy who sold Camroulette.com to Adam Strong, he did not see $151,000 and he was never seeing that amount for that domain,

The former owner was a member here? - I remember his thread here at NP
he regged camroulette then Adam offered him I think $1500 he took it, Adam flipped it for $151,000 a few days later ...

another one recently was the owner of OKGlass.com google used a third party to buy the domain from him...

problem is us domainers are never really sure who the buyer is when they contact us via whois unless we contact the enduser ourselves..

•••
problem is us domainers are never really sure who the buyer is when they contact us via whois unless we contact the enduser ourselves..

main problem is, us domainers are never really sure about the price anyway :D

normally you have whosale prices and then retail prices.
everybody knows retails price is a bit higher and normally you can only get (real) wholesale price if you are a trader and order a lot. and everyone accept that. The retailer also gives the buyer additional services, etc. so the (mostly small) price difference is justified and everyone is happy.

with domains, people invented this "reseller price", "enduser price" undefinable thing with really no acceptable basis and if as a buyer you simply write an email and play the poor student or the poor domainer with gmail account, the price difference could be 1000x lower than if you are google and write an email and ask for the price. So its more than normal that as a buyer you don't want to be the stupid guy who pays 1000 times more just because you have money, while at the same time you can get it cheap with a simple trick. I would do the same if i was the marketing manager of google or a broker with some insider info. who wouldn't.

•••
I guess we should start a wearable tech, discussion and showcase thread.

•••
I see that iWearable.com/net/org has had a lot of 'movement' in the last 2 weeks or so. Anyone 'here' know anything on this they can/will share? :snaphappy:

•••
Another dotCOM future trend domain destined for deletion in August, 2013:

aiWEAR
"Dream, Believe, Wake-up & Have a Smoke!"*​

*It's called parody...

Last edited:
•••
I guess we should start a wearable tech, discussion and showcase thread.

You guess wrong. imho.

You seen the high lights (and low) in here already.

•••
Was thinking about stuff like reserved movie seating and vaiable ticket prices based on seat location in movie theaters, but might be too late. Seems like there may be more activities this could apply to.

I agree with you there, Movie Reservations are the way of the future.

I would love if all theatres allowed movie reservations - I hate getting there last minute and being stuck in the front row. Let me pre order my tickets on line and pick where I want to sit.

if you go to a concert, sports game, etc. you buy and pick you seat. the reserve movie seating is just catching on now and I hope all theatres adopt the new practice.

•••
I wonder if anyone has had a sale in the 'A R" ............augmented reality genre ?

either as 'A R' or augmented reality ?

interested to know thanks

•••
I wonder if anyone has had a sale in the 'A R" ............augmented reality genre ?

either as 'A R' or augmented reality ?

interested to know thanks

sold a few reality domains - I've got some super reality domains ready and waiting :)

•••
The next big trend?

As the Artic and Antarctic start to be claimed by countries like Russia and exploited for the natural resources, this may become a valuable trend.

Anyone focused on the space travel industry yet?

•••
Indoor location seems to.be one for the future inside instore gps.. Item locators in stores etc.. Also advertising mirrors which interact and show you mayching acessories in dressing rooms..irrors in toilets etc..

•••
Indoor location seems to.be one for the future inside instore gps.. Item locators in stores etc.. Also advertising mirrors which interact and show you mayching acessories in dressing rooms..irrors in toilets etc..

i have had gpsglasses for a while ........if i get lost in the loo!

Also have travelglasses and appeyewear

I have a few name ending in 'ar' to represent augmented reality

•••
In your opinion, what is the next big domain craze?

I have noticed that the NamePros community stays up to date with the most popular domain names. We had the cloud, space and big data domains to name a few, but in your opinion what do you think the next big thing will be in the domain business?

•••
you're confusing the "next big thing in the domain business" with overboard forum hype.

the next big thing are gTLD's

•••
you're confusing the "next big thing in the domain business" with overboard forum hype.

the next big thing are gTLD's

Yeah, you might be right on that. I do see that some of the "big things" are sometimes just local to NamePros, but what gTLD's are we talking here? I read there is a bunch of new ones coming out.

•••
..but what gTLD's are we talking here? I read there is a bunch of new ones coming out.

everything.. hundreds and possibly thousands being released soon. generic words, brands, everything..

•••
maybe a bit off-topic:

a current security / cloud trend :

local Could Services or at least not in the USA,

thanks to the Stasi 3.0 aka nsa, the US Cloud Companys will

- in the best case scenario loss $21.5 Bill (Total three-year loss)

-in the worst case scenario they will loss $35 Bill (Total three-year loss)

according to the the forecast from Information Technology & Innovation Foundation itif.org http://www2.itif.org/2013-cloud-computing-costs.pdf

Companies Turn to Switzerland for Cloud Storage Following NSA Spying Revelations
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/4866...urns-away-dropbox-towards-switzerland-nsa.htm

german source

•••
everything.. hundreds and possibly thousands being released soon. generic words, brands, everything..

What do you think the best gTLD will be? Looking like .web is the favorite so far.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back